Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have a problem with my Logiteck keyboard and mouse disconnection using the stick do you have any idea

I'm on Big Sur in 0.6.3

Thank you

Wait. What... what ?
I was also thinking that z390 designare needed to be flashed to work.
The mini guide explain how to flash but not how to activate the TB with just a SSDT.
I am using @CaseySJ EFI but my TB external HD is not mounting even when plugged in while booting.
Great news anyway.

Hello @CaseySJ,

Thanks for keeping this thread so active and helpful. I am hoping you can help get my Thunderbolt card working on one of my X99 systems. I have flashed cards working very well in 3 other systems including Z390 Designare. But this X99 system seems a bit tricky. I have attached what i think are all relevant files.

The board is X99 Designare, and its quite special as it has an onboard TB3 controller and officially allows you to connect a TB3 card in the last slot as well, with a header. I have not bothered to flash the onboard controller nor the controller on GC-AR card in the last slot as they have always worked well with the usual caveats of not showing a Thunderbolt bus. So I am actually trying to install a third Thunderbolt controller on this system. For the extra card I am trying to get working now, its a TRv2 flashed with your NVM50mod. I have the same card and flash working well in a z490 system.

As I have it, the Thunderbolt bus shows up, and attached devices also show up under Thunderbolt devices, but they don't work. I also don't see the card in the PCI system info. So my guess is there is something wrong with the ACPI addresses in my SSDT. When you look at the IOReg, keep in mind there are 2 other non-flashed Thunderbolt controllers. The new, flashed card is the one that shows up under RP01.
Hello @genzai,

Please try the attached SSDT for BR1B (disable preexisting SSDT for this card). After rebooting, please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...).

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP.aml
    2 KB · Views: 76
Please replace the existing SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml with the attached version (same file name). After booting Windows, please check if you see "Unknown Device".

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    861 bytes · Views: 56
Wait. What... what ?
I was also thinking that z390 designare needed to be flashed to work.
The mini guide explain how to flash but not how to activate the TB with just a SSDT.
I am using @CaseySJ EFI but my TB external HD is not mounting even when plugged in while booting.
Great news anyway.
It is not necessary to flash any Thunderbolt controller, whether that controller is built into the motherboard or part of a Thunderbolt PCIe add-in-card. Most Thunderbolt devices will work, including hot plug.

The only reasons for flashing the controller are described in this post (see Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1):

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 3.07.46 PM.png

I have a problem with my Logiteck keyboard and mouse disconnection using the stick do you have any idea

I'm on Big Sur in 0.6.3

Thank you
I cannot answer questions like this that are devoid of description.

Please replace the existing SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml with the attached version (same file name). After booting Windows, please check if you see "Unknown Device".

@CaseySJ

That worked. What exactly did that do?

@CaseySJ

That worked. What exactly did that do?
Thanks for verifying; I'll incorporate this change into the upcoming OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI in first week of February.

The modification, which I mistakenly thought I had already made, was to wrap the entire contents of the USB SSDT inside of the following block so that it is used only with macOS. Per Wikipedia, "Darwin forms the core set of components upon which macOS" is based.
Code:
if (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
  // do Mac stuff
}

Does it happen if you disconnect your Wacom device?
Disconnecting the Wacom device enables me to boot but I still get some intermittent weird behaviour - finder unexpectedly quitting on launch, spotlight not working. I can connect the Wacom device once booted but after a while it stops working properly. Also get the attached problem on boot sometimes.

Attachments

• EB39E755-AA6B-414D-9E9F-B2D549D82B4A.jpeg
    EB39E755-AA6B-414D-9E9F-B2D549D82B4A.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 42
Hi, new guy here, a bit confused.
My system is:
Opencore 0.6.5
Z390 Designare
i9-9900K
Radeon RX 580
16GB Gskill RAM
Corsair 850 watt PSU
1tb m.2 nvme with Windows 10
1tb m.2 nvme that I put Big Sur on.
Then I have a PCIe
card that has one 1tb m.2 nvme and one 1tb m.2 sata.
I plan to use Presonus Studio One audio software.
Presonus Quantum 4848 Audio interface.
Midas F-32 mixer with 32 in and 32 out built in Firewire Interface, that I daisy chain through the Quantum Thunderbolt 2.
I also have a "Flashed" Titan Ridge PCIe card that I used on my 2009 Mac Pro 5,1. But on the Mac it always had to have a warm boot to work.
Here's where I'm at,
Thunderbolt works great when I'm in Windows and I have a good EFI that works for the Mac side except the Thunderbolt does not work.
There's so much info here I get turned around.
I tried my flashed Titan Ridge card but that doesn't work either.
I went to the Hackindrom site to change my config.plist which did add some Thunderbolt lines in the list but still Thunderbolts not working.
I seen something on here about activating a Thunderbolt port but couldn't tell if I needed to do that.
I am guessing I still need to activate the Thunderbolt ports, then put more Thunderbolt kext and or drivers in my OC EFI file? Or am I missing some other stuff too? Maybe its Big Sur? Because I haven't seen too much on here about Big Sur.

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Back