Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Great, I'm thinking that I'll just try to switch to OpenCore for now and skip step 2 below! Thinking ahead, is it better to update OS's incrementally (Mojave to Catalina to Big Sur) or in the future would it be okay to go from Mojave straight to Big Sur?

View attachment 502295
We can certainly go directly to Big Sur from Mojave, but we need to disable CFG-Lock and switch to OpenCore. Hopefully all of the software and plugins you use are or will be compatible with Big Sur soon because Big Sur is just a delightful environment...

Screenshots from MacPro 5.1 no firmware and SSDT, USB-C works. Know the problem in the Motherboard / CPU. Hackintosh Thunderbolt 3 works but USB-C doesn't work
View attachment 502301View attachment 502302View attachment 502303View attachment 502304
Yes it seems that the motherboard, BIOS, and CPU combination of your Hackintosh is not playing nicely with the GC-Titan Ridge. Do you have a GC-Alpine Ridge or other Alpine Ridge based Thunderbolt card?

On the other hand, at least Thunderbolt itself is working. So if you can use a Thunderbolt dock, it can provide working USB-C ports.

After making those changes, the OC 0.6.4 EFI should work on a clean install of Mojave. Have you tried it yet?
Hello. I've tried it, but it sticks on (machreboot) and/or the slow boot but never completed.
I wonder if there is a hidden or changed file in the .efi from enabling SIP on the Z390 because I have Dual boot: Mojave on one APFS SSD and Windows 10 on another NTFS SSD: I password-locked the BIOS on the Z390 so that Windows won't monkey around with the BIOS settings -Opencore 0.6.4 gives the option of booting Windows 10 or Mojave. The Z390 is really an amazing setup.

For the GB-Z370 Gaming 7 (F15a):
I've started using a 0.6.0 version that seems to work, but with the usual preboot bios screen messages of "no schema for blacklist-rtc"... I reset the CMOS on the Z370 again and loaded Optimized Defaults. IIRC, this mobo doesn't have native NVRAM.

I think I should start over with your Z390 OC 0.6.4 and try again. Would you consider pinning the latest OC releases (see post 28,122) to a generic OpenCore Miniguide on page 1? Thanks from all of us for your amazing guides. I think I'll start over with 0.6.4, but here's the 0.6.0 setup for Z370 and Mojave:

Attachments

• config.plist
    14 KB · Views: 48
Hello. I've tried it, but it sticks on (machreboot) and/or the slow boot but never completed.
I wonder if there is a hidden or changed file in the .efi from enabling SIP on the Z390 because I have Dual boot: Mojave on one APFS SSD and Windows 10 on another NTFS SSD: I password-locked the BIOS on the Z390 so that Windows won't monkey around with the BIOS settings -Opencore 0.6.4 gives the option of booting Windows 10 or Mojave. The Z390 is really an amazing setup.

For the GB-Z370 Gaming 7 (F15a):
I've started using a 0.6.0 version that seems to work, but with the usual preboot bios screen messages of "no schema for blacklist-rtc"... I reset the CMOS on the Z370 again and loaded Optimized Defaults. IIRC, this mobo doesn't have native NVRAM.

I think I should start over with your Z390 OC 0.6.4 and try again. Would you consider pinning the latest OC releases (see post 28,122) to a generic OpenCore Miniguide on page 1? Thanks from all of us for your amazing guides. I think I'll start over with 0.6.4, but here's the 0.6.0 setup for Z370 and Mojave:
Please try attached config.plist for your 0.6.0 setup (Z370 and Mojave). It should fix the no schema issue.

Some questions regarding the Z390 (apologies if some have been asked before):
  • Is it the Z390 Designare?
  • Running Mojave at the moment with Clover?
  • Have you installed BIOS F9g or F9i with CFG-Lock disabled in the Boot section?
  • Are you trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore on this system?
  • If so, has any version of OpenCore worked on it so far?

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 53
Please try attached config.plist for your 0.6.0 setup (Z370 and Mojave). It should fix the no schema issue.

Some questions regarding the Z390 (apologies if some have been asked before):
  • Is it the Z390 Designare?
  • Running Mojave at the moment with Clover?
  • Have you installed BIOS F9g or F9i with CFG-Lock disabled in the Boot section?
  • Are you trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore on this system?
  • If so, has any version of OpenCore worked on it so far?
Thanks @CaseySJ -I'll try it in a sec. The Z390 is the Designare (F9i, CFG-unlocked, CSM off, iGPU off, RX580, iMP config -the usual setup) with the i9 9900KS that you see on the left under my icon. That machine is flawless and is superior to any Mac I've ever owned. SIP is enabled on both boards.

The Z370 (F15a) is being remade as an OpenCore machine, so it was "flattened" first: Low-level reformat of all attached SSDs, CMOS reset and BIOS reflash to obliterate any traces of Clover and any underlying RC script stuff.

The two machines are essentially identical in components except one has GB-Z370-GA7, a i7 8700K, and a Titan Ridge Rev 1 AIC in slot 4 (RP21). Both the Z390 and the Z370 were created as clean Mojave installations with an OC Mojave installer USB. I'm hoping to have it setup as an OpenCore 0.6.4 machine. The USBInjectAll 0.7.6 is commented-out until I move to Big Sur or Catalina. I'm writing this message on the Z370 right before I try the EFI you shared. Thanks again.

Update:
@CaseySJ : The config file worked great! Thank you. The only pre-os boot message I see now is:

OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type integer and <0> context <ScanPolicy

Attachments

• Hackintool Overview.png
    Hackintool Overview.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 59
  • TB TR overview with commas.png
    TB TR overview with commas.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 68
  • HW overview.png
    HW overview.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Very good. Now please try the slightly modified SSDT attached here. The filename is the same, so it's just a drop-in-replacement. Then reboot and let's check IOReg once again.

Ok, now something wiggled. On a cold boot, the thunderbolt bus appears(see image), but the apple TBD turns off part way through the boot and does not come back on again. Unplugging and plugging it back in again also does not bring it back on.

After a restart, then the thunderbolt bus goes away again and so no drivers loaded.

Also, when I try to shutdown the computer turns back on again after a second or two. I think it was doing this as well with the file you had sent me earlier this morning.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 4.55.05 PM.png

Attachments

• NTS_IOREG__12_24_4_56pm.ioreg
    32.9 MB · Views: 41
Thanks @CaseySJ -I'll try it in a sec. The Z390 is the Designare (F9i, CFG-unlocked, CSM off, iGPU off, RX580, iMP config -the usual setup) with the i9 9900KS that you see on the left under my icon. That machine is flawless and is superior to any Mac I've ever owned. SIP is enabled on both boards.

The Z370 (F15a) is being remade as an OpenCore machine, so it was "flattened" first: Low-level reformat of all attached SSDs, CMOS reset and BIOS reflash to obliterate any traces of Clover and any underlying RC script stuff.

The two machines are essentially identical in components except one has GB-Z370-GA7, a i7 8700K, and a Titan Ridge Rev 1 AIC in slot 4 (RP21). Both the Z390 and the Z370 were created as clean Mojave installations with an OC Mojave installer USB. I'm hoping to have it setup as an OpenCore 0.6.4 machine. The USBInjectAll 0.7.6 is commented-out until I move to Big Sur or Catalina. I'm writing this message on the Z370 right before I try the EFI you shared. Thanks again.

Update:
@CaseySJ : The config file worked great! Thank you. The only pre-os boot message I see now is:

OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type integer and <0> context <ScanPolicy
There was another syntax error in the config.plist which has been fixed in attached file.

Regarding spurious characters at the end of the Titan Ridge name, there's most likely a buffer size error in the Thunderbolt SSDT. If you post that file I can try to fix it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 48
Ok, now something wiggled. On a cold boot, the thunderbolt bus appears(see image), but the apple TBD turns off part way through the boot and does not come back on again. Unplugging and plugging it back in again also does not bring it back on.

After a restart, then the thunderbolt bus goes away again and so no drivers loaded.

Also, when I try to shutdown the computer turns back on again after a second or two. I think it was doing this as well with the file you had sent me earlier this morning.
Unfortunately that exhausts the various options I can think of. Thunderbolt monitors are very finicky on Hackintosh and should ideally be avoided.

I'll post a warning at the top of Post 1 to avoid Thunderbolt monitors and some Corsair "smart" devices (including Corsair Commander Pro).

Regarding spurious characters at the end of the Titan Ridge name, there's most likely a buffer size error in the Thunderbolt SSDT. If you post that file I can try to fix it.
Hello guys,
I would like to know if the SSDT is generated with HackinDROM or not

Back