Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi
I received my fenvi 1200 card for Bluetooth and wifi , i connect it to the board theough PCIE and it works fine, but it needs to be connected to usb on board and i used this usb to the front usb ports of the case
Any way to make it work without using usb on board to free it for usb of the case

I successfully installed Big Sur by cloning from an other drive.
The only problem I got it cant sleep, it just reboots.
What looks like the "iodisplaywrangler" prevents idle sleep.
Do you have a solution for this?
I attached my logs and config.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Sleep-Log.txt
    2 MB · Views: 174
  • config.plist
    22.3 KB · Views: 33
Hello CaseySJ,
I have a question about Opencore Sanity Checker. I followed your guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-2813#post-2205877, and I dropped the config.plist to Sanity Checker. There were some notes with yellow question marks. Do I have to fix them by doing what Sanity Checker suggests or do I leave them as it is?

My two systems are rock solid so far with Big Sur running OC 0.6.3. The only issue I had is again with my LG 34WK95U not running at 60Hz and was needed at every boot to power off the monitor and turn it on again. I solved it by using SwitchresX and not having any issue since then but I'm not sure if its the monitor's issue or from macOS. Do you know if that issue exists with others users using 5K monitors on Big Sur?
Best Regards

Hi
I received my fenvi 1200 card for Bluetooth and wifi , i connect it to the board theough PCIE and it works fine, but it needs to be connected to usb on board and i used this usb to the front usb ports of the case
Any way to make it work without using usb on board to free it for usb of the case
Somewhere on page 1 of this thread, there should be info about using a USB splitter that plugs into the motherboard USB header. Also, you can just search on Amazon to find one.

Ok - Alpine Ridge card is in, replacing the Titan Ridge card I was using.

First of all, my Apple TBD turns on at post instead of half way through the boot cycle. Wow. Really nice. FaceTime camera, speakers, working without even using the SSDT-DTPG.aml file or SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml file. The monitor also turns on much faster when waking from sleep, and the Alpine ridge card is much simpler to install as you don't have to hook up power supply cables, and the USB 2.0 bus pass through.

I did generate the HackinDROM file, but the Thunderbolt system report says No drivers are loaded. The USB 2.0 Bus shows the Thunderbolt Display, FaceTime camera and Display audio. I did do a find and replace when generating the HackinDROM for RP21 ->RP05 which is what I was using for Titan Ridge.

My only issue, and a big issue, is after sleep, I lose the speakers, and camera. The USB 2.0 Hub disappears that has the Apple Thunderbolt Display, Camera and Audio. The display itself still turns back on though.

Now interestingly enough, before I loaded the SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml, I saw a message after I woke the machine from sleep, that items on the USB bus were ejected for using too much power. I don't know if that is what is going on. I don't see that message with the SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-TBD-HackinDROM.aml loaded, but doesn't mean it's maybe not the issue?

This is what I see in the USB Device Tree:

I'm not sure if the 500mA limit is a problem?

Attached is also my IOregistry before and after sleep and SSDT in case you see anything else there that may be an issue.

Comparing the two, you can see what disappears after sleep. Not sure why, but DSB4@4 disappears.
It's always good to structure these findings as follows:
  • TBD with GC-Alpine Ridge: Without Thunderbolt SSDTs
    • Turns on at POST instead of waiting for late stage of macOS boot process
    • Camera, speakers, USB ports, microphone work
    • Monitor turns on quickly after waking from sleep
    • Camera, speakers, USB ports, microphone work after waking from sleep?
  • TBD with GC-Alpine Ridge: With Thunderbolt SSDTs
    • Does it still turn on at POST (it should)?
    • Camera, speakers, USB ports, microphone still work?
    • Monitor turns on after waking from sleep
    • Camera, speakers, USB ports, microphone work after waking from sleep?
Please note: System Information --> Thunderbolt will always show "No drivers are loaded". This is fine and can be ignored. Only when Thunderbolt Bus is activated will this message disappear and be replaced with information about the Thunderbolt Bus.

Hi
Please try an internal USB 2.0 splitter such as this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0833Y1PS8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

4-port versions are also available:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4QL65G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Can someone help me with USB-C? Everything works well in MacPro 5.1 but does not work in Hackintosh (((
Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 17.07.23.png
Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 17.10.58.png

I successfully installed Big Sur by cloning from an other drive.
The only problem I got it cant sleep, it just reboots.
What looks like the "iodisplaywrangler" prevents idle sleep.
Do you have a solution for this?
I attached my logs and config.
Thank you!
Corsair smart power supplies and some other internal devices connected to the F_USB header can interfere with sleep. Please list all devices connected to F_USB. And, of course, refer to the Sleep Aid for more thorough set of suggestions:

Quick question on the internal Intel Graphics... i use an rx580, i don't do video editing. Should i have the internal graphics on in the bios or not? Do i need to do anything other than turning it off in the BIOS ?

Hello CaseySJ,
I have a question about Opencore Sanity checker. I followed your guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-2813#post-2205877 and I dropped the config.plist to Sanity Checker. There were some notes with yellow questionmarks. Do I have to fix them by doing what sanity checker suggests or do I leave them as it is?
It depends on what the yellow question marks refer to, but in general it's best not to make any changes. Some of the suggestions in the Sanity Checker reflect their personal preference (i.e. Coke versus Pepsi). If the system is running properly, we should leave it as-is.

My two systems are rock solid so far with Big Sur running OC 0.6.3. The only issue I had is again with my LG 34WK95U not running at 60hz and was needed at every boot to power off the monitor and turn it on again. I solved it by using SwitchresX and not having any issue since then but Im not sure if its the monitor's issue or from macOS. Do you know if that issue exists with others users using 5k monitors on Big Sur?
I'm using SwitchResX on my B550 Vision D with an older AMD R9 380X GPU connected to a 4K Asus Designo monitor. SwitchResX is a godsend for issues like this and a perfectly good long-term solution. Others are also using SwitchResX with different monitors. I don't recall any specific mention of a 5K monitor, however.

Back