Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I haven't noticed any audio delay or lag on any of my five Hackintoshes listed in my signature. They're all running Big Sur 11.1 now.
  • Is the delay occurring through an on-board audio port or through a Thunderbolt audio device or some other external audio device?
  • When you say you were testing on Windows 10, does this mean audio delay also occurs in Windows?
I'm using external audio with USB 3.0. I just installed Catalina again, and it's fine. There isn't any delay for audio. Windows 10 was also fine, there wasn't any delay issue. It's little bit strange to me, because Big Sur 11.0 was also fine. I've also tried to listen audio via Bluetooth. It's also have lag when browser is loading the page. But the thing is that it's quite random issue.

@CaseySJ, I am hoping you might have some ideas on the following issue: whenever I sleep my displays (via Amphetamine or manually through the control+shift+eject shortcut), only one will successfully wake, requiring a power cycle on the other one to be recognized. These are two LG 5k2k monitors connected to a single RX 580 via DisplayPort. I've tried adding back in darkwake=0 and tried switching from shikigva=16 to 80, but these produce no changes. I'm not coming up with much online, except maybe something having to do with framebuffer mismatch?

I also attempted to enable CSM support, but that inhibits successful boot (I am using your 0.6.4 OpenCore settings). What it does do is set identical signals do both displays (but the OS never loads).

Oh, and just another detail: it is the top DP port (furthest from the PCIe slot) that behaves 'normally', and it is always the second port (next to the HDMI ports) that gets no signal after wake.

Edit: I put the RadeonBoost kext in and that essentially fixed it! There is always a sort of 'refresh' where the screens go black for a second after initially waking, but this is much better than the situation before. I'd love to hear you thoughts on what exactly is going on here :)

Last edited:
I think my last post disappeared - here it goes again:

@CaseySJ, I am hoping you might have some ideas on the following issue: whenever I sleep my displays (via Amphetamine or manually through the control+shift+eject shortcut), only one will successfully wake, requiring a power cycle on the other one to be recognized. These are two LG 5k2k monitors connected to a single RX 580 via DisplayPort. I've tried adding back in darkwake=0 and tried switching from shikigva=16 to 80, but these produce no changes. I'm not coming up with much online, except maybe something having to do with framebuffer mismatch?

I also attempted to enable CSM support, but that inhibits successful boot (I am using your 0.6.4 OpenCore settings). What it does do is set identical signals do both displays (but the OS never loads).

Oh, and just another detail: it is the top DP port (furthest from the PCIe slot) that behaves 'nomally', and it is always the second port (next to the HDMI ports) that gets no signal after wake.

Edit: I put the RadeonBoost kext in and that essentially fixed it! There is always a sort of 'refresh' where the screens go black for a second after initially waking, but this is much better than the situation before. I'd love to hear you thoughts on what exactly is going on here :)
Have a gander at my BIOS settings and kexts for Mojave. My native RAM speed is 2666, hence XMP being turned off. CSM is off.

Attachments

• Kexts for Mojave and OC 0.6.4.png
    Kexts for Mojave and OC 0.6.4.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 201215110042.jpg
    201215110042.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 201215110108.jpg
    201215110108.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 201215110204.jpg
    201215110204.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 201215110224.jpg
    201215110224.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 44
It may be possible to install Big Sur on unsupported MacBook Air 2012. There are some guides on the Internet, such as this one:
If you choose to do this, *please* make a full bootable backup of your MacBook Air ahead of time!!

If you succeed in installing Big Sur on the MacBook Air 2012 (same one that I have, but mine is still on Catalina), then of course you can try the workaround I stated in my previous reply.
Wow!

Great idea!
So I succesfully updated outdated 2012 Macbook Air 2012 with the tool you mentioned.
Since SuperDuper! is not working on Big Sur, which cloner do you recommend?
Could THIS be fine?

Thank you!!

Updates are coming through thick and fast :) I would like to do the OC 0.6.4 update before the MacOS 11.2 update but waiting for @CaseySJ to give the all clear

Updates are coming through thick and fast :) I would like to do the OC 0.6.4 update before the MacOS 11.2 update but waiting for @CaseySJ to give the all clear
In the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of post 1 you will find a link to the OC 0.6.4 mini-guide. We updated to OC 0.6.4 within a day of its release!

Wow!

Great idea!
So I succesfully updated outdated 2012 Macbook Air 2012 with the tool you mentioned.
Since SuperDuper! is not working on Big Sur, which cloner do you recommend?
Could THIS be fine?

Thank you!!
Glad to hear it. I may do the same on my 2012 MacBook Air.

I’ve not used DMClone. Instead, I recommend Carbon Copy Cloner from Bombich Software.

To make a bootable clone of a Hackintosh (not real Mac) we also need to mount EFI partition of the source and destination drives, then copy the EFI folder from source to destination.

Just an FYI. I updated to 11.1 about a day ago and my Highpoint RAID 2720 is now failing again. I reinstalled the kext from tech support and it appears to be rebuilding o_Oo_O alarm has stopped too.

I'm using 10TB HGST drives which have the lowest failure rate of any drive, so I replaced one last time but I really don't think that's the issue here.

Attachments

• HighPointRR Driver Installation Guide.pdf
    757.8 KB · Views: 55
  • HighPointRR_Mac_1012_1015_v4.22.0_20_10_26.dmg
    794.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back