Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just to confirm:
  • You enabled the Kernel patch shown below?
  • Then rebooted, but SATA hot swap does not work?
View attachment 501221
I just realized another thing that might point into the right direction. When I eject a disk, it would disappear from the desktop but it's actually not ejected. After about 3 minutes I get the error message that the disk was not properly ejected. Something wrong with the SATA bus in general?

Sorry to hear that. I have still not solved this puzzle, but I do have a workaround:
  • Because I have several other Hacks and Macs, I do the following:
    • Clone the NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD mounted in an external USB 3.0 enclosure.
    • Connect the SATA SSD to another Hackintosh(or Mac).
      • Boot the Hack using its own EFI folder.
      • From the OpenCore Picker, boot the external SATA SSD.
      • Login to macOS and perform in-place update through System Preferences --> Software Update.
      • Shutdown the system and remove the SATA SSD.
    • Connect the SATA SSD to the original Hackintosh.
      • Boot the Hack and select the SATA SSD.
      • Login to macOS.
      • Make sure everything is okay.
      • Then clone the SATA SSD to the internal NVMe SSD.
        • Always good to make a backup clone of the NVMe SSD before doing this.

Thank you!

My next problem comes here. I only have a Macbook Air 13 Mid 2012 what is unsupported by Big Sur.
Should I change the PlatformInfo? Should I create an other EFI for like Macbook Air 2015? Will it work?

Thank you!

My next problem comes here. I only have a Macbook Air 13 Mid 2012 what is unsupported by Big Sur.
Should I change the PlatformInfo? Should I create an other EFI for like Macbook Air 2015? Will it work?
It may be possible to install Big Sur on unsupported MacBook Air 2012. There are some guides on the Internet, such as this one:
If you choose to do this, *please* make a full bootable backup of your MacBook Air ahead of time!!

If you succeed in installing Big Sur on the MacBook Air 2012 (same one that I have, but mine is still on Catalina), then of course you can try the workaround I stated in my previous reply.

It may be possible to install Big Sur on unsupported MacBook Air 2012. There are some guides on the Internet, such as this one:
Don't understand why they say 2012 MacBook Pro is supported, then they say 15"/17" MBP it isn't later on in the unsupported Macs section ? Confusing terminology. Do you think they mean the 2012 Retina MBP is not supported ? Or is only the 13" MBP supported ? Still doesn't make sense.

Screen Shot 23.jpg

sorry Casey my other machine is a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - Gigabyte AMD RX-580
it updated itself perfectly from the software update preference pane including the Macintosh HD part.

the Xtreme took work over several days to finally get a working Big-Sur only to have the app store update problem, really i mostly use it for Logic Pro and it looks like I can copy the updated app version from the other machine if needed but having it tell me a bunch of apps need updates and then not update them is a pain.

should i not be able to just totally wipe the internal M2 disk that won't update correctly while booted in the backup external M2, then install the latest combo and then restore my user account from the backup to the internal?
This morning i could not get it to repartition from scratch it left the EFI in place with OC and if you run a first aid on the full device it says the EFI has a problem and to back it up immediately. I just want to kill the internal M2 and re-install from the latest combo via the booted backup to the internal m2...

After searching, it looks like, if I go to the recovery partition and run disk utility, I should be able to completely wipe partition the internal M.2.

Don't understand why they say 2012 MacBook Pro is supported, then they say 15"/17" MBP it isn't later on in the unsupported Macs section ? Confusing terminology. Do you think they mean the 2012 Retina MBP is not supported ? Or is only the 13" MBP supported ? Still doesn't make sense.
Agreed there's a contradiction. The author should proof-read the article.

After searching, it looks like, if I go to the recovery partition and run disk utility, I should be able to completely wipe partition the internal M.2.
Even booting from the bootable backup should have been sufficient. When you tried this, do you recall pressing F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu and selection the bootable backup?

Hi Casey! Can you help me translate this OC patch to Clover Patch? Thanx!

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2020-12-16 la 23.47.47.png
    Captură de ecran din 2020-12-16 la 23.47.47.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 45
Back