Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This wasn't directed at you, and by "science" I meant the OpenCore documentation and my experiential evidence.

Oh alright. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I just thought it was directed towards me, when you mentioned ..

Instead, someone chooses to "ignore the science" to protect and assert one's infallibility, perhaps?

Nvm. Pardon me. :)

Have you tried doing a CMOS Reset and then configuring BIOS parameters again (starting with F7 -- Load Optimized Defaults)?
I will give that a shot, thank you. Is there a guide on how to configure the BIOS under the new circumstances of Big Sur and OC?

Another thing: It seems like I lost the SATA Hot Swap capability. Can I activate this the same way I did in Catalina?

I will give that a shot, thank you. Is there a guide on how to configure the BIOS under the new circumstances of Big Sur and OC?
BIOS configuration is the same in Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Please see Post #1. However, ensure you have BIOS F9g or newer and also set Boot --> CFG-Lock to Disabled.
Another thing: It seems like I lost the SATA Hot Swap capability. Can I activate this the same way I did in Catalina?
Yes.

Hi! After updating latest 11.1 update, is anyone has delaying audio while using Chrome or Safari browser? I'm listening music on Tidal and just using Chrome. It's simple task like open page from new tab and changing tab on browser. I was experiencing delay music sound.
Have you tried other streaming services, including YouTube?

I find this experience troubling and bizarre, but no hard feelings, purely intellectual. This is a forum where feedback should be welcomed, appreciated and acted upon. Instead, someone chooses to "ignore the science" to protect and assert one's infallibility, perhaps?
Chronology of events:
  • You used ProperTree's OC Snapshot function to build your config.plist, which is a blind operation -- i.e. it provides no transparency into what it's doing.
  • You did not follow the OpenCore 0.6.4 Mini-Guide. @Inqnuam's HackinDROM website simplifies the process of transferring PlatformInfo credentials from one config file into another. You did not use it.
  • Then your system failed. You immediately wanted someone to blame. Re-read your original post.
  • Somehow you determined that one stray EFI driver was the culprit. I'm not sure if you performed A/B comparisons at least two times (i.e. with that EFI driver enabled, then again with it disabled, then again with it enabled) to confirm the suspicion. Anything less would not constitute "science".
  • When we pointed out that your system failure was due to your mistake in using OC Snapshot, we also mentioned that the OpenUsbKbDxe.efi driver was already disabled in the EFI folder we provide.
  • Nevertheless, you went on a vendetta to have the Mini-Guide changed and the EFI driver removed.
  • In all this time, you are the only one to have fallen into this "booby trap".
This post is being written on my Z390 Desginare with OpenCore 0.6.4 and OpenUsbKbDxe.efi enabled. No issues at all with my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, whether in BIOS, in OpenCore Picker, or in macOS.

If "science" has determined that OpenUsbKbDxe.efi is deleterious on Z390, then why is my system working normally? Where is the "science" in that?

You may have the last word. But let it be the last.
Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 4.03.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-16 at 4.05.35 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ,
about DRM issue on Big Sur (now on 11.1), the only way for me to have Netflix and AppleTV+ working is to switch from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 (with IGPU still enabled by Headless). Opencore is on 0.6.4.

Have you same issue on iMac19,1 ?

Hi @CaseySJ,
about DRM issue on Big Sur (now on 11.1), the only way for me to have Netflix and AppleTV+ working is to switch from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 (with IGPU still enabled by Headless). Opencore is on 0.6.4.

Have you same issue on iMac19,1 ?
Hello @Elias64Fr,

Salutations de la saison!

Yes, we have found the same result. System product names such as iMacPro1,1 (without iGPU) are able to play DRM content from the TV app.

Regarding Netflix, however:
  • Will not play in Safari (with iMac19,1)
  • It will play fine in Firefox (with iMac19,1)

BIOS configuration is the same in Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Please see Post #1. However, ensure you have BIOS F9g or newer and also set Boot --> CFG-Lock to Disabled.

All updated. Still nothing. Must be the PCI Card. It could be that it broke before the update. I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks. The slots are working so it must be card itself. Thank you for your help, though!

Back