Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am trying to switch my z390 Designare to OpenCore following these instructions but I cannot get it to boot. I used HackinDROM to make a new SMBIOS using the AMD GPU template for OC 0.6.3. I added -v to bootargs so I could see what was happenning and I get the attached error. I am running F9b for the mobo firmware and my GPU is a Radeon VII.

Much thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 8.39.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 8.39.06 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
I am trying to switch my z390 Designare to OpenCore following these instructions but I cannot get it to boot. I used HackinDROM to make a new SMBIOS using the AMD GPU template for OC 0.6.3. I added -v to bootargs so I could see what was happenning and I get the attached error. I am running F9b for the mobo firmware and my GPU is a Radeon VII.

Re create EFI with OC Gen X app. It's help for me.

Hi Casey, should the headless platform be set again through Hackintool after upgrading to Catalina? I copied my SMBIOS and RTVariables from my Mojave config.plist. Also is darkwake=0 no longer required in Catalina?

Update BIOS to F9g or F9i and disable CFG-Lock from BIOS settings.

You don't need to generate new SMBIOS when you switch from Clover to OpenCore, new SMBIOS is ONLY for a NEW build.

Please try this simple experiment and then revert back if there are any issues:
  • Change SMBIOS name to iMacPro1,1 (no need to change anything else)
  • In BIOS Setup, disable Internal Graphics
  • Boot macOS and check Final Cut Pro export times again.
Mr. Casey, That seems to have worked. I am not sure what happened. In your guide, you said to enable those graphics options. Did I miss that I had to turn them off? Am I losing any benefit to that?
Finally, it's exporting normally using some power. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 20.53.50.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 20.53.50.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 21.09.01.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 21.09.01.png
    277.3 KB · Views: 40
Hi Casey, should the headless platform be set again through Hackintool after upgrading to Catalina? I copied my SMBIOS and RTVariables from my Mojave config.plist. Also is darkwake=0 no longer required in Catalina?
Platform ID does not need to be set again. Simply run Hackintool to see the current Platform ID. If it's 0x3E980003 (headless) then you're okay.

"Darkwake=0" is not needed if you are using the OpenCore EFI provided in this build guide because that EFI includes "USBWakeFixup.kext" and "SSDT-USBW.aml" that work together to provide one-key wake from sleep.

Hello everyone!
I want to know if some of you guys already migrate to Big Sur?
Did you find any issues?
And what guide did you use?
Thanks for this amazing page.
Yes, I am up on Big Sur (Open Core 0.6.3) and it is great. I used the guides embedded in this thread to do it. I had a glitch at first but after resetting my BIOS to default and then the recommended settings here, all is good. My only issues in my kid is home from college and I let him put League of Legends on it and now I have to share...

Yes, I am up on Big Sur (Open Core 0.6.3) and it is great. I used the guides embedded in this thread to do it. I had a glitch at first but after resetting my BIOS to default and then the recommended settings here, all is good. My only issues in my kid is home from college and I let him put League of Legends on it and now I have to share...
Is the mini guide for CCC backups valid for big sur?

Is the mini guide for CCC backups valid for big sur?
Yes, but please use the attached EFIClone script. I may need to fork byteminer's EFIClone repository and commit the changes into my forked copy.

Attachments

• EFIClone-CaseySJ.sh.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 58
Yes, but please use the attached EFIClone script. I may need to fork byteminer's EFIClone repository and commit the changes into my forked copy.
I just ran a full backup manually with no errors I will start again with this script, I also can’t download from App Store I can login and out but my updates don’t download when I touch them?? Have you seen that one ?

Back