Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ , I went to HackingDROM URL and I noticed there is an option of generation a new SMBIOS, is it the same option as in the OC Configurator? I went ahead and created a brand new plist with a new numbers in it and downloaded. I was able to boot into OC, but have not proceed yet further with either boot or install. Just wanted to confirm if it matters at all where the new credentials are being generated in OC Configurator or in HackinDROM, would you recommend one over the other?
Either approach is fine. HackinDROM simplifies the task because it modifies the config.plist for you.
Also in either of the tools, do you know where do I put '-v' argument to make the boot verbose?
In both Clover and OpenCore configurators, this is added to Boot Arguments. In OpenCore it's called boot-args. You'll find it if you run OpenCore Configurator and familiarize yourself with all the screens.

t matters at all where the new credentials are being generated in OC Configurator or in HackinDROM
Hello, they are the same,

Also in either of the tools, do you know where do I put '-v' argument to make the boot verbose?
in Custome Boot Arguments, or with OCC in NVRAM section

Capture d’écran 2020-11-28 à 17.53.26.png
Capture d’écran 2020-11-28 à 17.55.35.png

In my case sometimes not.. Thanks for suggestion though.. I did follow the philosophy of it all and cleared caches and /var folders.. rebooted.. currently the App Store does not list any updates available.. I had 3 waiting.. I deleted Blackmagic speed test (as a test) went to re download and it will now not download from store.
I think it’s a problem on the Apple side as it began to happen suddenly back in September. Now, the solution given in Macrumors doesn’t always works on the first try. I have to repeat it maybe twice or thrice and then, suddenly, it works.

In my case:

- I open Appstore, disconnect from my account;
- Clear the tmp Appstore folder;
- I think I have to close AppStore and reopen;
- Chose update and I’m asked for my credentials;
- It works... or I have to do it again... Annoying!

**I have to do it almost every time there is a new application update...

All key guides in this thread are actively maintained in the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1. Please refer to Section 1: Replace Clover with OpenCore inside that spoiler.

Thanks a lot for replying back and let me just go through all guides and in case I landed in any issue will surely gonna bother you again and again brother

Thanks a lot for replying back and let me just go through all guides and in case I landed in any issue will surely gonna bother you again and again brother
If you encounter problems after going through those guides, feel free to post. The guides, of course, are there as a self-service counter.

This may sound obvious, make sure you're examining the EFI inside the EFI partition of the OS X boot volume.
I've seen cases where an "extra" EFI was connected to the system.
Or someone was working on the wrong config.plist file.

I think I am just going to have to start from scratch... my OC 0.6.3 USB thumb drive will startup and let me see the install drive. if selected, it starts to load then just reboots after only a short try. If I select the macOS-data, it gives a security error and says it will not boot from that drive. If I start the recovery partition, I can get back to the re-install Big Sur utility which just takes me through installing again but never get past the 3rd reboot and just loops. My backup disk that was booting was a Clover installation of Catalina, and it just booted to a security slash/circle. IF I install from a USB thumb drive from scratch over the top of the original internal NVMe drive, will it keep the applications etc? Is there a from scratch Big Sur installation mini guide? If I mount the drive in an external case, my other hackintosh sees everything OK and will check the disks with no errors. Including mounting the EFI so I hate to wipe it at this point but don't see many options as my backups are dwindling.
I created a new 32g USB drive on .6.3 it would fail with an apple logo, i changed the security setting to disabled and then noted it was crapping out in the intelmaui kext.. disabled that in the kernel drivers. Booted again from USB drive, instead of choosing the new big sur installer i tried the "DATA" partition again it picked up started running and said about 7 minutes.. boom it's up on Big Sur... I have no idea but i'm making backup right now !

Really random question. I switched to Open Core was stable all good, upgraded to Big Sur all good. I renamed my boot drive from Catalina to Big Sur, I noticed when I boot, that Open Core picker sees the boot drive still as Catalina.

Any issues/explanations for this? System works fine.

Back