Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yea, I went through that and double checked things. I figured out how to get verbose on in OC and it flashes through a few things then goes to the Apple Logo with the white status bar below it, goes just a bit white and then freezes with no more drive activity. I Tried using different USB ports as will same outcome. Interestingly, when I hit F12, the boot option that shows with the drive I am using is call "OpenCore" by the BIOS. I tried clearing NVRAM as well. Best part for me is I can easily get straight back into Catalina with Clover on my original boot drive. Still pondering...
Jules
Checklist:
  • Have all Hackintosh kexts been removed from /Library/Extensions?
  • If so, was kernel cache rebuilt by issuing these two commands:
    • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  • When you press F12 and see OpenCore as a boot option, that is actually correct. This is because we have enabled an OpenCore feature called Boot Protect.
  • Are you running BIOS F9g or later (with CFG-Lock disabled)?
If above has been done, then:
  • Do you see a flurry of boot logs scroll by on the screen?
  • And then the screen flips to black with an Apple log in the center and progress bar below it?
  • How far along does the progress bar go before it freezes?
    • How long have you waited during the freeze?

Hi @CaseySJ... followed your guides and without any surprise, and if we read them properly, it is very easy to move from Clover to OpenCore

Everything seems to be working except Bluetooth. I still use my 'old' Bluetooth/Wifi Card BCM94360CS2. Should still use it or not? Is that any way now to use motherboard Bluetooth instead? Is strange because wifi works

I added xtreme SSDT files and disabled the designaire as you told me. Will upgrade now to Big Sur

EDIT 1:

I Ugrade To Big Sur without any problems. For moments thought that bluetooth returned, but not :(

EDIT 2:

10Gb Ethernet is not working either :(

View attachment 497730
Please try the following suggestions one by one:

Option 1:
  • Use OpenCore Configurator to set Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel to DEFAULT instead of Disabled.
  • Reboot.
  • Does Aquantia 10GbE work now?
Option 2:
  • Keep SecureBootModel set to Default as mentioned in Option 1.
  • Add the following patch to OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch:
Code:
Identifier = com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Comment = Enable Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet
Find = 0F84C002 0000
Replace = 660F1F44 0000
Min Kernel = 20.0.0
Max Kernel = 20.99.99
Count = 1
  • Reboot.
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.27.23 AM.png

Regarding Bluetooth, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.

Please try the following suggestions one by one:

Option 1:
  • Use OpenCore Configurator to set Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel to DEFAULT instead of Disabled.
  • Reboot.
  • Does Aquantia 10GbE work now?
Option 2:
  • Keep SecureBootModel set to Default as mentioned in Option 1.
  • Add the following patch to OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch:
Code:
Identifier = com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Comment = Enable Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet
Find = 0F84C002 0000
Replace = 660F1F44 0000
Min Kernel = 20.0.0
Max Kernel = 20.99.99
Count = 1
  • Reboot.
View attachment 497766
Regarding Bluetooth, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.

Solved!

Following your recommendations here's what I did:

- after changing SecureBootModel to DEFAULT, mac didn't boot up.

Used USB Pendrive with EFI Opencore, to make changes on Mac config.plist

- Tried option 2, (but at that time forgot to enable the created patch), mac didn't boot up.

After a couple reboots, and without any reason Bluetooth came to life! Still don't understand why.

Meanwhile noticed that still had OpenCore 0.6.2 instead of 0.6.3, so followed your mini guide "Procedure for In-Place Upgrade of OpenCore from Earlier Version to New Version"

After update to OpenCore 0.6.3, noticed that the patch for Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet was not enabled, so after enabling it and a restart, everything works now.

Thank you!

OK:
Checklist:
  • Have all Hackintosh kexts been removed from /Library/Extensions?
  • If so, was kernel cache rebuilt by issuing these two commands:
    • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  • When you press F12 and see OpenCore as a boot option, that is actually correct. This is because we have enabled an OpenCore feature called Boot Protect.
  • Are you running BIOS F9g or later (with CFG-Lock disabled)?
If above has been done, then:
  • Do you see a flurry of boot logs scroll by on the screen?
  • And then the screen flips to black with an Apple log in the center and progress bar below it?
  • How far along does the progress bar go before it freezes?
    • How long have you waited during the freeze?
Yes, Hackintosh Kexts removed. They actually were upon my upgrade to Catalina. (I did double check)
I did rebuild the cache following the guide (With those commands)
I am running F9i CFG-Lock DISABLE

I saw only about 15-20 boot logs stuff scroll by prior to the apple logo and the progress bar. The bar was only a little bit filled when it stops. I waited a few minutes. I will do this again and wait longer after triple checking the kernel cache.

My kid is playing league of legends right now on the machine. He is impressed at the 300+fps in 4K he is getting compared to his windows machine. :)

OK:

Yes, Hackintosh Kexts removed. They actually were upon my upgrade to Catalina. (I did double check)
I did rebuild the cache following the guide (With those commands)
I am running F9i CFG-Lock DISABLE

I saw only about 15-20 boot logs stuff scroll by prior to the apple logo and the progress bar. The bar was only a little bit filled when it stops. I waited a few minutes. I will do this again and wait longer after triple checking the kernel cache.
This suggests that verbose mode may not be enabled. Were you able to add -v to the end of boot-args in NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator? If unsure, please post screenshot of that page in OpenCore Configurator showing "-v" in boot-args.

My kid is playing league of legends right now on the machine. He is impressed at the 300+fps in 4K he is getting compared to his windows machine. :)
300 fps in 4K on a Mac?? :)

300 fps in 4K on a Mac?? :)
During normal play it is 165. He said it was a control game that was 300. I'm gonna have him check when he is finished. Then I can get back in there and tackle Open Core again...

Hi Casey,

I am getting ready to upgrade to Big Sur shortly (a fresh install on my current start-up disk), so wanted to make sure I had a back-up of Catalina before doing so.

I did the back-up of 10.15.7 using CCC. Then I did the supplemental software update for 10.15.7 and it went fine. Went to back-up again and towards the end of the process the back-up failed. CCC reported an error occuring at similar points like this...

/Volumes/Catalina Back-Up - Data/Users/darren/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Caches/WebKit/NetworkCache/Version 16/Blobs/740B79147B3786.......(I have edited this code down)

And

The postflight shell script exited with a non-zero exit status.

CCC recommends 'Verify that you can run the script manually without errors, and that it has a shell interpreter line at the top of the script (e.g. "#!/bin/sh"). Add "exit 0" to the end of your postflight script to suppress error reporting.'

The script I am using is the latest one from @byteminer's EFIClone from his GitHub repository as you recommend.

I did a disk utility first aid on the back-up drive and that comes up fine.

However disk utility first aid comes up with the following error for my start-up drive

The partition map needs to be repaired because there’s a problem with the EFI system partition’s file system. : (-69766)

I have not shutdown my computer to see if the Start-up disk will boot again. Thought I would ask your knowledgeable self before doing that.

Am using Clover bootloader 5122.

This suggests that verbose mode may not be enabled. Were you able to add -v to the end of boot-args in NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator? If unsure, please post screenshot of that page in OpenCore Configurator showing "-v" in boot-args.
I unchecked Hide Verbose. I alos uploaded my EFI folder. Gonna reboot and try again. Thank you so much Casey!

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 4.43.22 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 66
@CaseySJ I ordered a new one that should arrive tomorrow. Do I still need to reset cmos if I install a new fenvi t919 card ?

I unchecked Hide Verbose. I alos uploaded my EFI folder. Gonna reboot and try again. Thank you so much Casey!
Verbose is enabled like this:
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 2.51.11 PM.png

We can also press and release CMD-V before booting macOS in OpenCore Picker.

Back