Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yeah I discovered that after a while. Weirdly, USB devices were showing up sometimes after sleep and sometimes not, so I'm back using a different thunderbolt SSDT as the hackindrom SSDT was causing all sorts of weird issues on my non-flashed Titan Ridge card (weird Ultrafine audio dropouts and black flashes on the screen).

I had my Titan Ridge flashed for a short while, and it was not working at all with my Ultrafine 5K on Big Sur, so I flashed it back to the v50 firmware. I came across a different Titan Ridge SSDT (KGP's SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml), which supposedly is meant for the non-flashed Titan Ridge (had to switch all RP05 references to RP21), and so far it's working great. I guess Thunderbolt isn't actually working on it, but I mainly bought it for the Ultrafine 5K support.
That SSDT by KGP is the same version that is included in the various OpenCore EFI zip files in this thread and the main Post-Install Files.zip. It also requires SSDT-DTPG.aml.

That SSDT by KGP is the same version that is included in the various OpenCore EFI zip files in this thread and the main Post-Install Files.zip. It also requires SSDT-DTPG.aml.
Ahh I completely missed that - you've put such an impressive amount of work into this thread. I've still got the SSDT-DTPG file running too.

I see this message upon boot up. What does it mean?

91B10D54-7674-4114-8B84-3DB3E3883C64.jpeg

I see this message upon boot up. What does it mean?
This is completely benign, but it means your config.plist contains a parameter in the “security” section called “BlacklistAppleUpdate” that is unrecognized and should ideally be deleted.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
Can I use Carbon Copy Cloner on Big Sur to make a bootable backup of a Debian system (ext4 format)?
if Yes, only 23GB is used from 1TB SSD where Debian system is installed, can I copy (make a full bootable backup) that 1TB SSD to another SSD with 250GB space?
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 17.28.54.png

Hello guys,
Can I use Carbon Copy Cloner on Big Sur to make a bootable backup of a Debian system (ext4 format)?
if Yes, only 23GB is used from 1TB SSD where Debian system is installed, can I copy (make a full bootable backup) that 1TB SSD to another SSD with 250GB space?
View attachment 497529
This is not possible because macOS does not recognize ext4 file systems and therefore they won’t appear in CCC.

This is not possible because macOS does not recognize ext4 file systems and therefore they won’t appear in CCC.
what if I mount the ext4 partitions with a third party app?

At the OpenCore 0.6.3 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
OK, Im at this step, double checked all my platform info was copied into config.plist and I get a hang on booting after I select my Catalina drive (or the backup) I can still boot from my Clover Config (untouched so far) EFI on my internal Catalina drive. Does Open Core do verbose booting? (I guess I can google that one...). Im on route to Big Sur and getting on Open Core is Step one

Back