Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

with the AirPods Pro or you have another mic?
I just tried Siri on my ASRock X570 Ryzentosh with 12-Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X running Big Sur 11.1 public beta and AirPods Pro. It works just fine...

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 2.04.13 PM.png

All of the answers are in Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1.
  • Replace Clover with OpenCore (section 1)
  • Upgrade to Big Sur from Catalina (section 1)
  • Perform fresh installation of Big Sur (section 1)
Thank you for your incredible support I have used your build religiously for my main driver for teaching and research! You are very talented !!

videoproc is showing igpu not rx580 is this normal

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 2.44.05 AM.png

thanks @CaseySJ and @faithie999 - I did a fresh install of catalina on another nvme just in case. Also you can only recover Catalina from catalina backups and not from BigSur ( which is all I have backed up ) so I won't use that tool if it ever comes to that.

I managed to edit my board plist by following this guide on StackExchange if anyone want to make changes on BigSur

Note please back up your Mac as this method has probobably only been tested by me and therefore you just want to be safe than sorry.

1 - Reboot into recovery mode and run the following commands in this exact order :
csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable

2 - Reboot back into MacOS
3 - Find your root mount's device - run mount and chop off the last s, e.g. if your root is /dev/disk1s2s3, you'll mount /dev/disk1s2. It should be the disk that does not have "-data" appended to it
4 - Create a new directory, for example ~/mount
5 - Run sudo mount -o nobrowse -t apfs DISK_PATH MOUNT_PATH, using the values from above
6 - Modify the files under the mounted directory as listed by @hamzab Disabling All Maintenance Wake Events During Sleep
7 - Run sudo bless --folder MOUNT_PATH/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot
8 - Shut down and don't reboot.
9 - Boot your Mac normally. Now verify that that changes you made are applied on master snapshot. Shut down again
10 - Boot into recovery and execute the following commands in this exact order
csrutil authenticated-root enable
csrutil enable

11 - Restart or shutdown into your Mac now,the selection of options doesn't matter.

Fingers crossed, it should be all good now for me :)

Updates
20/10/2020 : But now Mac won’t boot anymore. It shows up Apple logo with one one bar
21/10/2020 : Fixing the mac continuously boot issue with updates to the guide in color red. If done this way, you should not fall into problems like
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/649832

Note : If you want to reset NVRAM once this has been done, and you get an Apple logo with a single dot loading bar, you have most likley run into a apfs snapshot issue.
To fix it -> disable csrutil -> rest nvram -> enable csrutil

Last edited:
I managed to edit my board plist by following this guide if anyone want to make changes on BigSur
When you say "board plist", which file are you referring to?

Update: Nevermind! Just saw the link to StackExchange. That's a good article; will add it to Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1.

Thanks Casey :) I wont touch sleep again after this, maybe do Sleep Aid guide as well but not more.
No more hahaha

Thanks Casey :) I wont touch sleep again after this, maybe do Sleep Aid guide as well but not more.
No more hahaha

Did the StackExchange procedure succeed for mounting root filesystem with R/W permissions?

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 3.34.21 PM.png

@CaseySJ I tested it for an hour now, no Wakes ! wohooooooo ! :headbang:

Yes, the stackexchange procedure is for read writes. You will still need to use sudo to save the file. I didn't bother following our maintenance wakes guide word for word. I simply opened up visual studio code and saved the file with sudo.

Back