Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

how in oc 6.3 you mount a EFI on clover it is an option it is same ?
You can use OpenCore Configurator --> Tools --> Mount EFI:
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.19.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.20.16 AM.png

Glad to hear it!

However, please note the following and remove the quoted guide from your post:

View attachment 496834
A suggestion I have so people get why you ask for this might be to say "This guide [might change in the future | changes frequently], so please do not quote it in its entirety..."

Yes I’m using the HackinDROM DSDT (from the HackinDROM site) plus the SSDT dtpg file.
Wow, I tried the same thing but didn't have any luck. Are you using a Titan Ridge 1.0 or 2.0 card? And what version of the LG 5k are you using? I'm on the initial release before they updated the power delivery spec etc.

@CaseySJ,

I would like to thank you and all the people who are actively contributing in that thread.

After a long break (20 years), I have build a new PC last weekend. (z390 Designare ,i9-9900K, iGPU, Broadcom Wifi&Bt with PCIe x1 adapter, RX 580 just arrived, to be installed.)

After a day of reading different resources available online, I have decide to go with OpenCore.
To make bootable USB I have followed https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore.../mac-install.html#downloading-macos-modern-os
I made an installer for Catalina.

Then I used your guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2189297
and EFI folders on that post.

Since, I have not installed the RX 580 yet, I have used iGPU branch of config.plist.
I used https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2190308
for creating the SMBIOS data. (Thanks @Inqnuam)
The system was booted without any problem.
After a couple of minute of hesitation I logged in to my icloud account. Then, updated to BigSur via AppStore. ( A couple of boots and BigSur works.)

I would suggest anyone with same motherboard to read
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-1873593
regardless of the bootloader that you are using. This guide gives crucial information on the Hackintosh that you are building. I am stressing on that issue, since I build OpenCore, and that guide is about Clover it was also my first impression that it is not relevant for me. (so wrong)

After slowing down RAM to normal speed (to correct sleep/wake problems), all the functions that I use works quite fine and stable.

After that long summary, I have a couple of question @CaseySJ ;
I have an Apple folder on my EFI boot section. (It has im191.fd as only file ) Is this normal ? Should I worry ? ( is that because I have updated from AppStore)

Can I use the same SMBIOS data on both iGPU and AMD config.plist ? ( I know that there are a couple of changes in config.plist, the major one I have noticed are Platform ID, video buffer addresses and command line args differences.) Since I have already logged in to icloud with existing SMBIOS data, I don't want to change when I install RX 580.

Best

Wow, I tried the same thing but didn't have any luck. Are you using a Titan Ridge 1.0 or 2.0 card? And what version of the LG 5k are you using? I'm on the initial release before they updated the power delivery spec etc.
I'm on the latest version of Ultrafine 5K (bought it from Apple back in September) and have a Titan Ridge v1 running v50 firmware.

Update: actually I just removed the hackindrom ssdt and it seems like I don't actually need it. Keeping the DTPG SSDT though, as I'm fairly certain hot plugging doesn't work without it.

Last edited:
Did you use beta version of Carbon Copy Cloner to clone Big Sur? Perhaps try again with latest beta version or wait until the release version comes out.
Hello @CaseySJ
Problem solved.
I was using SSD HD's to make 120gb clones, Big Sur's size increased a lot and with the programs I install it was 100 to 110gb.
I made clones on HD's larger than 500GB or 256 and the problem is over ...

@CaseySJ i'll need your help once again. I have install Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 for a friend of mine, to a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. As i can see the port is PR23, do you know witch ssdt have to use to make it work?
I can't see thunderbolt at PCI section "About this Mac"

Attachments

• Sakis’s iMac.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 51

After that long summary, I have a couple of question @CaseySJ ;
I have an Apple folder on my EFI boot section. (It has im191.fd as only file ) Is this normal ? Should I worry ? ( is that because I have updated from AppStore)
Hello @AdamJ,

Glad to hear the build went well and welcome to the forum. The Apple folder is normal. It contains firmware update files for a real iMac19,1, but the file will be ignored on the Hackintosh. These firmware updates occur somewhat regularly, so no worries. You can delete the Apple folder or leave it alone.

Can I use the same SMBIOS data on both iGPU and AMD config.plist ? ( I know that there are a couple of changes in config.plist, the major one I have noticed are Platform ID, video buffer addresses and command line args differences.) Since I have already logged in to icloud with existing SMBIOS data, I don't want to change when I install RX 580.

Best
Yes you should actually use the same SMBIOS data because you've registered a new computer into your iCloud account. The same serial number, System UUID, Board Serial Number, ROM, and system name should be copied to the new config.plist.

I'm on the latest version of Ultrafine 5K (bought it from Apple back in September) and have a Titan Ridge v1 running v50 firmware.

Update: actually I just removed the hackindrom ssdt and it seems like I don't actually need it. Keeping the DTPG SSDT though, as I'm fairly certain hot plugging doesn't work without it.
Technically speaking, SSDT-DTPG.aml does not do anything by itself. if you remove the Thunderbolt SSDT then it's okay to remove SSDT-DTPG as well. Thunderbolt Hot Plug requires both of these SSDTs.

Back