Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Your OpenCore OC/Kexts folder is missing the file USBInjectAll-071.kext. Please check that folder. Feel free to post a screenshot of its contents if unsure.

If you need Clover to boot the system, try either of these options:
  • At the Clover Boot Menu, press F1 to show the Help menu and select the option to Clear NVRAM (or Reset NVRAM). Then see if macOS boots.
  • If macOS still does not boot, connect your bootable backup drive and boot that drive instead. Then examine the OpenCore EFI folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.54.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.54.12 PM.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 51
So is the USBInjectAll-071.kext different than the USBInjectAll.kext? If so, where do I get it? I used the zip from the guide :angel:

can i ask if that efi folder it's good for same cpu and gpu except the mobo? i've a gigabyte aorus z390 pro instead the designare, thanks in advance.
Yes that EFI folder should work on the Z390 AORUS Pro, but the USB port map will need to be modified and the Thunderbolt SSDT should be disabled.

It seems you might not have followed instructions in the OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide, which asks you to use the OpenCore folder located in the ZIP file attached to the post. That OpenCore folder contains all the Kexts.
Okay, that is beyond weird. I looked at the one I downloaded like 20 mins ago and it wasn't there, then I downloaded again and they were. . . o_O Okay, trying again

Okay, that is beyond weird. I looked at the one I downloaded like 20 mins ago and it wasn't there, then I downloaded again and they were. . . o_O Okay, trying again
Cool...fingers crossed...

@CaseySJ

Something I noticed for awhile is that I no longer have XHC5 or SSP1/2 and haven't for awhile. Seeing recent posts only made it more obvious something is off. I have done a clean install of Big Sur but it was like this on Catalina as well. I do not have a flashed TB controller or any TB add-in cards.

I have XHC and AppleUSBXHCITR. I use an LG UltraFine 5K and that adds a second AppleUSBXHCITR. To rule out differences in my tweaked EFI and yours as well as the LG UltraFine, I have booted with your EFI from OC 0.6.3 and disconnected the LG Ultrafine and used a DP monitor.

I still don't have XHC5 or SSP1/2. The single AppleUSBXHCITR should be XHC5 as it used to be. I've attached a copy of my IOReg. Additionally, if I use Hackintool to generate a USBPorts.kext, it wants to rename AppleUSBXHCITR to XHC, giving me 2 XHC in Hackintool, and it uses ports SS03/04 which are duplicate names.

This is with your OC 0.6.3 with the only change being SMBIOS.

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    16.8 MB · Views: 44
@CaseySJ

Something I noticed for awhile is that I no longer have XHC5 or SSP1/2 and haven't for awhile. Seeing recent posts only made it more obvious something is off. I have done a clean install of Big Sur but it was like this on Catalina as well. I do not have a flashed TB controller or any TB add-in cards.

I have XHC and AppleUSBXHCITR. I use an LG UltraFine 5K and that adds a second AppleUSBXHCITR. To rule out differences in my tweaked EFI and yours as well as the LG UltraFine, I have booted with your EFI from OC 0.6.3 and disconnected the LG Ultrafine and used a DP monitor.

I still don't have XHC5 or SSP1/2. The single AppleUSBXHCITR should be XHC5 as it used to be. I've attached a copy of my IOReg. Additionally, if I use Hackintool to generate a USBPorts.kext, it wants to rename AppleUSBXHCITR to XHC, giving me 2 XHC in Hackintool, and it uses ports SS03/04 which are duplicate names.

This is with your OC 0.6.3 with the only change being SMBIOS.
Interesting...Looks like more people are experiencing the same issue raised by @wiiwelshman. Please replace the Thunderbolt SSDT with V5 (located in this post) and check IORegistryExplorer.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 3.57.16 PM.png

Back