Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

with Big Sur 20B28 sometime I have webpage bugs like this:
Capture d’écran 2020-11-15 à 22.43.19.png

I have to quit Safari and reopen the page to see it properly

Guys already setup the on board wifi and work now testing Airdrop, also hide network dont support this kext

PD: get clean install for Big Sur dont upgrade from Catalina 10.15.7.
Are you saying that the built-in intel Wifi for the Designare Z390 is supported in Big Sur?

** Quick-Guide for Fresh Installation of macOS 10.16 Big Sur **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post an excerpt or link instead.​

Purpose:
  • To quickly perform a fresh installation of macOS 10.16 Big Sur on Z390 Designare with OpenCore.
  • Exhaustive details of each step are not provided in this Quick Guide.
  • An existing Hackintosh or Macintosh is necessary.

Procedure:

Part I: Preparation Steps on Existing Hack or Mac
  1. Download the full 12GB macOS Big Sur installer from the Mac App Store. When download is complete, an application called Install macOS Big Sur will appear in the Applications folder.
  2. Find a 16GB or 32GB USB flash drive, preferably USB 3.x, that you can erase. Insert the USB flash disk in the computer, launch Disk Utility, select View --> Show All Devices, click the parent name of the USB flash disk on the left side pane, and format the disk as follows:
    • Name:Big-Sur
      • Verify that you placed a hyphen between "Big" and "Sur", like this: "Big-Sur"
    • Format: macOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  3. Open Terminal and type the following:
    • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Big-Sur
    • Enter your Mac password when requested and follow on-screen instructions.
  4. Download the OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI from the mini-guide. Follow the instructions in that guide for adding the following parameters:
    • System Name
    • System Serial Number
    • System UUID
    • Board Serial Number (MLB)
    • ROM
  5. Set SecureBootModel to Disabled
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.58.46 PM.png

1. Mount the EFI partition of the USB flash drive and copy the OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB flash drive.
  2. Safely eject the USB flash drive.

Part II: Prepare Z390 Designare
  1. Check that Z390 Designare is running BIOS F9g or later. BIOS F9g can be downloaded from the link at the top of Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1.
  2. Boot the Z390 Designare and press DEL to enter BIOS Setup.
  3. Configure BIOS parameters according to the guide in Post 1. Start with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults).
  4. Check BOOT --> CFG-Lock and set it to Disabled if not already disabled.

Part III: Begin Installation
  1. Insert USB flash drive from Part I into the Z390 Designare system. Use any of the USB 3.x ports.
  2. Also connect the SSD on which Big Sur will be installed.
  3. Boot the Z390 Designare and press F12 at the BIOS splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu. Select the USB flash drive from this menu.
  4. At the OpenCore Picker menu, select the option Install macOS Big Sur.
  5. Stay with the computer at all times to be ready to intervene if necessary.
  6. When the installer starts up, run Disk Utility, select View --> Show All Devices, select the parent nameof the Big Sur SSD, and format the new Big Sur SSD as follows:
    • Name: Big Sur (or anything you like)
    • Format: APFS
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  7. Quit Disk Utility and select Install macOS Big Sur. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the process.
  8. The computer will reboot 4 times. Each time it reboots, press F12 at the BIOS splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu, and select the USB flash drive.
  9. At the OpenCore Picker, if you see an option called Macintosh HD or macOS Installer, always choose that entry if it is not already selected. (Note: Do not select "Install macOS Big Sur".)
  10. At the OpenCore Picker, if you don't see either Macintosh HD or macOS Installer, then select the Big Sur SSD if it is not already selected.
  11. After about 4 reboots you will see the Welcome screen! Follow the on-screen instructions.

Part IV: Post Installation
  1. Now we must make the Big Sur SSD bootable. We do this by copying the OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of the Big Sur SSD, as follows:
    • Mount the EFI partition of the USB flash drive and the EFI partition of the Big Sur SSD.
    • You may download EFI Agent or OpenCore Configurator to mount the partition.
  2. Now copy the entire EFI folder from USB flash drive to EFI partition of the Big Sur SSD.
  3. Eject the USB flash drive.
  4. Reboot the system and check whether it boots up by itself.
Because OpenCore 0.7.8 is now a bit old, consider updating to the latest version by following this guide:

Procedure complete. Welcome to Big Sur!

Last edited:
I would like to know how we do to update the drivers is there an automatic way like on CLOVER or do we have to do it manually?
We can use OpenCore Configurator to update drivers, but I do not recommend that unless you first make a backup of the entire EFI folder.
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 2.58.32 PM.png

Hi CaseySJ,
I just upgraded to Big Sur, I did the passage from Clover to OpenCore 0.6.4, BIOS F9G, everything went well, only two problems: reboot with three "OCS: No scheme for..."but it restart normally and works; Davinci 16 with two "Failed to..." after all video are at double speed. Any idea?
The first issue (OCS: No schema for ...) is most likely due to an incompatible version of OpenCore. Are you sure you're using OpenCore 0.6.4 which has not been released?

OpenCore 0.6.3 is latest version. Please follow this mini-guide to prepare the EFI folder:
The other two problems may be specific to DaVinci Resolve. Perhaps a software update is necessary.

#27,320

I had done that already but for whatever reason the SSDT for the Titan Ridge is creating additional ports. For whatever reason it is, and I don't know how to fixed that.
That may just be a problem with Hackintool. We should run IORegistryExplorer to see which USB ports are defined and active.

Did anyone mange to get macOS to boot with SecureBootModel set to Default on this motherboard?
Because I've been using my Asus X99 Deluxe II (with Big Sur) all day, I can tell you that SecureBootMode set to Default works for both installation of Big Sur and normal use.

That may just be a problem with Hackintool. We should run IORegistryExplorer to see which USB ports are defined and active.
#27,322

You looked at my io registry already( #27,366 ) and the titan ridge ssdt is causing the issue. You said that it is incorrectly calling HS01 etc...

Back