Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

** REMINDER **
Please make a bootable backup of Catalina before upgrading to Big Sur
Time Machine is not a bootable backup
I have fixed the issue by formatting boot disk and restoring it from Catalina recovery. It seems that Catalina can't boot from Big Sur APFS layout...

Curious if someone can give me a quick rundown on what's going on with Clover / OpenCore?

I'm running a previous 5119 but it looks like Clover and OpenCore have combined after 5124? Does that mean I still need to go through the conversion to OpenCore or that if I just upgrade Clover I'm automatically on newer versions of OpenCore?

Hi

i have make a fresh install with usb Big Sur and opencore63 i have generate a config. with 19,1

it doesn't boot for me logo apple and nothing

i have reset nvram before

Curious if someone can give me a quick rundown on what's going on with Clover / OpenCore?

I'm running a previous 5119 but it looks like Clover and OpenCore have combined after 5124? Does that mean I still need to go through the conversion to OpenCore or that if I just upgrade Clover I'm automatically on newer versions of OpenCore?
If im not wrong only OpenCore supports Big Sur. Also latests versions of Clover uses some components from OpenCore. OpenCore's developper is the same person/team who develop Lilu and his plugins.

So the best option for me is OpenCore.
So start by updating your Bios to F9g or F9i (disable CFG-Lock from BIOS settings)
then follow this guide:
at point 5 you can use your current clover config.plist to transfer PlatformInfo (Serial Number...) into your new OpenCore config.plist

Hi

i have make a fresh install with usb Big Sur and opencore63 i have generate a config. with 19,1

it doesn't boot for me logo apple and nothing

i have reset nvram before
What's your Bios version?

What's your Bios version?
my bios version is F9b

if i update to F9i is it no pb with my installation of another ssd catalina ?

my bios version is F9b

if i update to F9i is it no pb with my installation of another ssd catalina ?
No problem with F9i, so update it
After the update disable CFG-Lock from BIOS
and configure Bios settings as in Post #1

Thank you for your response,

- I was using Mojave 10.4.6 without the latest security update, 005. I hadn't touched the system, Clover or CCC or the script when it happened
- I tested the v4 of the script available here with the same result: non-zero state. I even tested with the version currently available on Github, same result (and I have the impression that it's exactly the same version that I was using without any problem) Is there a way to know if the v4 script is in quarantine by Mojave?
- The cloning works very well, I can use the clone to start, it works perfectly. The problem comes from the script that doesn't run anymore. For Mike Bombich, the problem comes from the script (but why does it suddenly refuse to run ?), here's what he told me : "I also don't see "bdmesg" in the version of the script that you sent to me (v2), that appears to be specific to the v4 script. The solution is to modify that line (#130) to indicate the full path to that utility - that's the part that I can't help with, because I don't know what the path is to that utility on your Mac, nor whether you even have it installed." And here I don't understand, I'd be the only one using v4 with a problem like this? I haven't seen any users here reporting a problem with v4. That's when I thought that the problem with v4 was the location of Clover configurator that I had put in the "Utilities" folder forever, but when I put it back in "Applications", it didn't change anything, I even updated Clover configurator, with no result. He continues: "Alternatively, if the v2 script was working, try using that script again with the latest version of CCC." That's what I did, without success.
The EFI partition of the clone rises normally and is intact, but it is no longer updated by CCC. So, yes, I can make manual backups but it was so much easier with the script...
- I've had a lot of expenses lately (several devices to replace at home), so I wouldn't be able to buy an extra hard drive right away. If this backup disk mounts normally, as well as its EFI partition, and is functional when I boot with it, I don't think the problem comes from the hard disk, does it?

I'm putting back the two scripts, if you have time to take a look at them.
If you look at the Easy Bootable Backup mini-guide (link is in Quick Reference spoiler) it will show you how to check for Quarantine flag. At this point it would be good to follow that guide again to ensure that EFIClone script is not quarantined and that it is copied properly to the CCC Scripts folder (and that the Scripts folder is properly secured). All steps are in the Easy Bootable Backup mini-guide.

Thx Casey.

I've done it several times, and always was OK. I enabled the Patch.

The only difference is the way of adding the file itself: I copied always manually to OC/ACPI folder, and never added the entry:
  • Add an entry for it using OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> "+" button
Or, perhaps, I did it and don't remember!

Anyway, still it doesn't work.
At least, adding that "entry" the computer stars without any problem.
But the sleep is not working. Ir re-stars.

I'll keep investigating.

Do I have to reset NVRAM after upgrading to Big Sur?
I haven't do such thing.

Thank you!
Have you tried the Process of Elimination to see which device is interfering with sleep? The most common cause is a USB or Bluetooth device connected to the internal USB 2.0 header.

Clover is integrating parts of the OpenCore boot loader into itself. The first handful of "hybrid" releases did not seem to work with this system, but most recent version of Clover might be okay.

In order to reduce the number of variations to support, I personally recommend OpenCore for all users.

Back