Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The two most common remedies for that are:
  • BIOS Setup --> Boot --> Set the 1st Boot Priority to the macOS SSD (not "OpenCore" or Windows).
  • Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker.
Sadly, it's still the same.

Sadly, it's still the same.
Are you running BIOS F9g in which CFG-Lock is disabled by default, or one of its successors in which CFG-Lock needs to be disabled manually?

Next thing to try would be CMOS Reset (followed by configuring BIOS parameters again and disabling CFG-Lock).

Are you running BIOS F9g in which CFG-Lock is disabled by default, or one of its successors in which CFG-Lock needs to be disabled manually?

Next thing to try would be CMOS Reset (followed by configuring BIOS parameters again and disabling CFG-Lock).
I'm running the latest F9i with CGF-Lock Disabled. Recovery boots fine, so I think it's some other problem. Maybe there's an issue with the prelinked kernel?

** REMINDER **
Please make a bootable backup of Catalina before upgrading to Big Sur
Time Machine is not a bootable backup

From the mini-guide:

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 3.36.26 PM.png

Amazing macOS Big Sur Final full in my Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderboldt 3) + i9-9900 + Intel UHD Graphics 630 Full Graphics Acceleration

Opencore

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.15.54 PM .png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.15.54 PM .png
    3.5 MB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.51.02.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.51.02.png
    336.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.52.47.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.52.47.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.53.12.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 23.53.12.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
Anyone else notice that on opencore 0.6.3 running macOS 11 Big Sur with the audio jack input aka (green) on the z390 designare i/o panel audio layout 11 isn’t working properly? I switched from aclid=11 to aclid=16 which then worked but the internal speakers changed back to headphones. Any thoughts on different audio layouts for z390 onboard aka (green) audio jack input layout fix. I’m using in open core the latest applealc kext which worked fine on clover macOS 10.15.7

Since the update I have been using alcid=1 in the NVRAM settings (or layout-id=1 in the device properties), which works. I output the sound to an LG monitor via Displayport. Also, your aclid spelling is wrong, it´s named alcid.

Hello,
after I successfully updated to MacOS Big Sur using Opencore 0.63, I would like to correct the names in the BootPicker. I still see MacOS Catalina.
I have already renamed the APFS volume on MacOS to MacOS Big Sur using Disk Utility.
Also the tricks in the german forum "Change name in bootpicker" didn't work.

I also reset the NVRAM after every change.

Does anyone have any idea how and where you can rename / change the names that are displayed in the OpenCore boot picker? If you can, please give a detailed answer.

The problem you describe is not caused by Carbon Copy Cloner so they are not responsible.
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Have you tried the latest version of EFIClone script? Please see the "Easy Bootable Backup" mini-guide (link can be found in Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1).
  • I would strongly suggest making a clone of the system without invoking the script. Then manually mount the EFI partitions of the source and backup drives, and manually copy the EFI folder across.
  • Now set this backup drive aside and find/purchase a new backup drive.
  • Then test the latest EFIClone script on the new backup drive. The previous backup drive is your safety net.
Thank you for your response,

- I was using Mojave 10.4.6 without the latest security update, 005. I hadn't touched the system, Clover or CCC or the script when it happened
- I tested the v4 of the script available here with the same result: non-zero state. I even tested with the version currently available on Github, same result (and I have the impression that it's exactly the same version that I was using without any problem) Is there a way to know if the v4 script is in quarantine by Mojave?
- The cloning works very well, I can use the clone to start, it works perfectly. The problem comes from the script that doesn't run anymore. For Mike Bombich, the problem comes from the script (but why does it suddenly refuse to run ?), here's what he told me : "I also don't see "bdmesg" in the version of the script that you sent to me (v2), that appears to be specific to the v4 script. The solution is to modify that line (#130) to indicate the full path to that utility - that's the part that I can't help with, because I don't know what the path is to that utility on your Mac, nor whether you even have it installed." And here I don't understand, I'd be the only one using v4 with a problem like this? I haven't seen any users here reporting a problem with v4. That's when I thought that the problem with v4 was the location of Clover configurator that I had put in the "Utilities" folder forever, but when I put it back in "Applications", it didn't change anything, I even updated Clover configurator, with no result. He continues: "Alternatively, if the v2 script was working, try using that script again with the latest version of CCC." That's what I did, without success.
The EFI partition of the clone rises normally and is intact, but it is no longer updated by CCC. So, yes, I can make manual backups but it was so much easier with the script...
- I've had a lot of expenses lately (several devices to replace at home), so I wouldn't be able to buy an extra hard drive right away. If this backup disk mounts normally, as well as its EFI partition, and is functional when I boot with it, I don't think the problem comes from the hard disk, does it?

I'm putting back the two scripts, if you have time to take a look at them.

Attachments

• EFIClone_v2.sh.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 44
  • EFIClone-v4.sh.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 46
It is possible that SSDT-GPRW is not enabled.

After switching to OpenCore 0.6.3, did you enable both the SSDT and the ACPI patch?

If not, it's easy to make the changes again as described here:
Namely:
  • Download and copy SSDT-GPRW into the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder
  • Add an entry for it using OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> "+" button
  • When that is done, then select the OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patchsection and add this entry:
    • Table Signature: DSDT
    • Find: 4750525702
    • Replace: 5850525702
    • Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW, pair with SSDT-GPRW.aml
    • Count: 0
    • Limit: 0
    • Skip: 0
    • Enabled: Check ON
Thx Casey.

I've done it several times, and always was OK. I enabled the Patch.

The only difference is the way of adding the file itself: I copied always manually to OC/ACPI folder, and never added the entry:
  • Add an entry for it using OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> "+" button
Or, perhaps, I did it and don't remember!

Anyway, still it doesn't work.
At least, adding that "entry" the computer stars without any problem.
But the sleep is not working. Ir re-stars.

I'll keep investigating.

Do I have to reset NVRAM after upgrading to Big Sur?
I haven't do such thing.

Thank you!

Back