Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

is there a guide to update my hackintosh z390 Catalain 10.15.7 to 11.0.1 ?

i have not clover installed in my system but only EFI clover (what's the name of my installation ?)

Thkx

Welcome to the forum. Let's address your questions:
  • Because you were able to install Mojave, you are in good shape regardless of which EFI was used.
  • There is no need to delete or reinstall Mojave.
  • Because you are already using OpenCore, it is best to download the EFI 0.6.3 ZIP file and use your own:
    • Serial Number
    • Board Serial Number (MLB)
    • ROM
    • System UUID
  • As @Inqnuam mentioned, please have a look at the OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide.
Hi, Thanks so much (and thank you too Inqnuam!)

This is really helpful, as are your amazing guides, I can't thank you enough. The only thing I'm still confused about is how to get find/ generate my Serial Number, MLB, ROM and System UUID (sorry, I know I'm probably missing something really obvious).

I was able to get it via HackinDROM as Inqnuam suggested but now as I understand it you are saying that as I can already boot my machine into OSX I can use real info from my hardware rather than generating it all online? What's the best way to do this?

Apologies, I'm sure i'm overlooking something very obvious, I have tried to find the answer before asking!

Thanks!!!

Hi, Thanks so much (and thank you too Inqnuam!)

This is really helpful, as are your amazing guides, I can't thank you enough. The only thing I'm still confused about is how to get find/ generate my Serial Number, MLB, ROM and System UUID (sorry, I know I'm probably missing something really obvious).

I was able to get it via HackinDROM as Inqnuam suggested but now as I understand it you are saying that as I can already boot my machine into OSX I can use real info from my hardware rather than generating it all online? What's the best way to do this?

Apologies, I'm sure i'm overlooking something very obvious, I have tried to find the answer before asking!

Thanks!!!
What Casey wanted to say is that in case you were able to install Mojave and boot into it means that probably you already generated PlartformInfo for your config.plist
You dont needed to generate a new one.
But there's no problem to generate a new PlatformInfo (MLB, Serial Number ...) if you dont have some licences (iLock, eLicenser or other) affiliated to your Serial Number.
So HackinDROM's generated config.plist is good.

If you logged in to iCloud with your initial Mojave system, please delete that machine from devices list in iCloud.
You can check devices list in System Preferences->iCloud
device list.png

Click on unwanted Mac and remove it

Last edited:
is there a guide to update my hackintosh z390 Catalain 10.15.7 to 11.0.1 ?

i have not clover installed in my system but only EFI clover (what's the name of my installation ?)

Thkx
Bruhhh

Thkx is it possible to install of a new ssd with Big Sur ?
Yes. I'm asking you to do a bit of research yourself, else you just need to buy a Mac instead of hackintoshing ;-) The steps are basically as follows.

- Prepare OpenCore EFI using OC v0.6.3 (you can use the one @CaseySJ pre-made for us in this topic).
- Prepare a USB with Big Sur and copy the pre-made EFI to the mounted EFI partition of the USB
- Boot from the USB you just made and format your SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (caution note: this will erase all data on that SSD)
- Install Big Sur on the (erased) SSD
- Mount the EFI from the SSD and then copy the EFI (from CaseySJ) to this EFI. Then it should boot etc.

Please use the above as a guidline, not as a tutorial/write-up, but please use the great written write-ups by @CaseySJ from this topic. Enjoy hackintoshing!

Referring to the upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur I wanted to ask (I don't know if it is a stupid question) how do I pass from clover to OpenCore to install the new update?

Thank you in advance

P.S.
Also thanks for all the help I received in my first build using this guide

Referring to the upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur I wanted to ask (I don't know if it is a stupid question) how do I pass from clover to OpenCore to install the new update?

Thank you in advance

P.S.
Also thanks for all the help I received in my first build using this guide

Everything looks fine except that your Thunderbolt SSDT is erroneously defining HS01 and HS02, which should not be there. Simply check whether you are using the same Thunderbolt SSDT that is in Post-Install Files.zip
I created my own for the titan ridge but I am using this file for the bull-in thunderbolt.

I see it in the titan ridge ssdt, what you are talking about. It is meant to activate the usb 3 capabilities on the titan ridge controller.

******EDIT******

How can I remove the lines of code that add the usb3 support without breaking the SSDT?

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 55
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
So far so well.
Used your OpenCore 0.6.1 guide to move from clover to open core and everything worked perfect so far.
Updated then to openCore 0.6.3 with kexts and it's still working (preperations for big sur).

But one question: How can I setup a counter to boot automatically to mac and how can I set the default boot volume to my mac drive? (maybe I get a faster answer then searching ;) )
Thanks in advance

Edit: ok... control --> Start volume. And there is a counter but you cannot see it.
Everything is all right so far.

Last edited:
Back