Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just wondering if I could get some advice please.

I'm currently running a stable clover build running 10.14.6 after following @CaseySJ build (THANK YOU!!!!)

Its running really well but I'm getting nagged to death about the security update and supplemental OS update. Also I'm a little bothered about using it online and not having the security patches up to date....

Do I need to do anything to the build (update kexts etc) before running the updates?

I'm trying to avoid having to go down the whole OC route as this was my first Hackintosh and I use it daily for work. I'm pretty nervous about trashing a working build!!! I will go OC and Catalina if that's the only option but for now I'm happy on Mojave, its just the security updates and OS updates that bother me.

I do keep an up to date bootable backup but it does bother me!

So Mojave security update 2020-005 ?
OS Supplemental update?

Help!!!!!
I've taken control of "updates" –I've disabled "auto updates" so that I can test OS Mojave updates to make sure that it doesn't break my OC 0.6.3/Mojave Pro Tools system. SIP is enabled on my system only because I've switched to OpenCore. YMMV...
So far as Catalina is concerned, this is my method of quelling the nagging. But it's not permanent:

Using the Terminal utility:

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"

You can disable the red ‘badge’ with this Terminal command:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0

Press Return. Next use this command to relaunch the Dock:

killall Dock

You may want to save these instructions.

Hi @CaseySJ

I am hoping you could help me out. I have the same setup as this guide except for the processor(i9900) and case (cooler master h500p mesh). I seem to be running into an issue.

Everytime I reboot/turn on my computer/un-sleep, my computer, extra non-active Type C + SW USBs are still being added.

I have already deleted them using Hackintool and loaded the proper kext, UIAC, USBX etc..

Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 6. After reboot_unsleep.png
    6. After reboot_unsleep.png
    657 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ

I am hoping you could help me out. I have the same setup as this guide except for the processor(i9900) and case (cooler master h500p mesh). I seem to be running into an issue.

Everytime I reboot/turn on my computer/un-sleep, my computer, extra non-active Type C + SW USBs are still being added.

I have already deleted them using Hackintool and loaded the proper kext, UIAC, USBX etc..

Do you have any suggestions?
This might be a Hackintool issue. The definitive place to look is in IORegistryExplorer under XHC and XHC5. If in doubt, simply run IORegistryExplorer followed by File --> Save As... and post the saved file.

Last edited:
This might be a Hackintool issue. The definitive place to look is in IORegistryExplorer under XHC and XHC5. If in double, simply run IORegistryExplorer followed by File --> Save As... and post the saved file.

Yeah I couldn't find XHC5. I do have a cal digit dock plugged in.

Attachments

• JLO’s iMac.ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 68
Post for UAD users:
"Please note that UA software, including UAD, Apollo, and LUNA, is not currently compatible with macOS Big Sur."

Very good. Your Thunderbolt is properly configured.

If you disconnect the Thermaltake fan from the USB port, does it solve the problem?
I think its because of the thunderbold cable my imac remains open so it must have power in the cable and is plugged into my designare its maybe for that it wakes up its the same but I changed to a displayport screen and remove my thunderbold and it doesn't do it anymore just when I put it to standby this can cause my fans to plug it into the internal usb port that when I put the computer to sleep it turns on by itself and I couldn't read any video on netflix its u cause quw jai imac 19.1

Can you please help me to figure this out, am i right? I am trying to identify PCI-E slots, where is #1 and where is #2 (for the proper GPU SSDT injection).

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-11-12 в 15.00.15.PNG
    Снимок экрана 2020-11-12 в 15.00.15.PNG
    206.9 KB · Views: 64
Can you please help me to figure this out, am i right? I am trying to identify PCI-E slots, where is #1 and where is #2 (for the proper GPU SSDT injection).
Снимок экрана 2020-11-12 в 15.00.15.PNG

Im not sure but I think its like that

Hi All, first post, greetings!!

I'm wondering if some kind soul could offer me a bit of guidance?

I'm a total noob having previously never built a pc or tried hackintosh by any method. I enjoyed the build process and it went smoothly, other than installing the massive noctua cooler first and then not having any room to plug things in...! Before I found this thread I tried doing an install following the dortania step-by-step opencore guide. This went well in that it booted right up, but thunderbolt is not working, plus reading through some of this thread I can see that Casey's guide and EFI have a lot of benefits and seems to offer the best possible end result.

I didn't do any of the post-install stuff yet. I'd like to start fresh with Casey's EFI and would like to know the correct steps to do this.

Do I need to re-install Mojave on my boot drive as part of the process, of if I completely wipe the EFI folder contents is that sufficient?

My Bios is F8 - should I upgrade it? And if so is there a preferred version - or just the latest available?

My understanding is I can use my current install to run the opencore configurator to generate the serial and other data I need to fill out the plist info on the USB stick EFI? And then I can just follow the guide?

Is there a preferred version of opencore I should use with a Mojave install?

Thanks!!!

Back