Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello guys. Is there a guide/link to the post on how to install Supplemental updates? I just got a notification about one for 10.15.7. I checked the first post and the last 15-20 pages, but couldn't find how people are doing it.
I've never installed any updates before (I only did fresh OS installation twice).
update OpenCore to 0.6.3
System Preferences -> Software Update
if there's no any new update notification check Software Update again

I have the _E17 to XE17 patch in config.plist, but I seem to remember that the _INI to XINI patch isn't needed. are both these assumptions correct?
Those ACPI renames must not be used if the card’s firmware is flashed.

Hello guys. Is there a guide/link to the post on how to install Supplemental updates? I just got a notification about one for 10.15.7. I checked the first post and the last 15-20 pages, but couldn't find how people are doing it.
I've never installed any updates before (I only did fresh OS installation twice).
We should always make a bootable backup first, then invoke the update from “System Preferences —> Software Update”. If you encounter any problems during the update, please state whether you’re using Clover or OpenCore.

Does anybody know why my System Report has iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone as en6, en11, en12 and en5 listed?
This is perfectly normal. It allows the Mac to connect to the network through the iPhone or iPad when these iOS devices are connected via USB cable.

@CaseySJ Are you planning to do a Big Sur with OpenCore update to this unbelievable thread when it comes out? (Yes please please please hoping hoping hoping) I'm still loving this machine big time. As a side note, I got a Samsung T7 and when plugged in to the TB daisy chained off my Raid, it reads and writes >800MB/s.

Jules

@CaseySJ Are you planning to do a Big Sur with OpenCore update to this unbelievable thread when it comes out? (Yes please please please hoping hoping hoping) I'm still loving this machine big time. As a side note, I got a Samsung T7 and when plugged in to the TB daisy chained off my Raid, it reads and writes >800MB/s.

Jules
Sure, I'll create a mini-guide for upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. Some comments:
  • Most Mojave users are not expected to upgrade to Big Sur for the same reason they have not upgraded to Catalina (i.e. no support for 32-bit apps).
  • The mini-guide will therefore focus on:
    • Upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur
    • OpenCore only
    • Must use BIOS F9g or higher with CFG-Lock disabled in the Boot section of BIOS Setup

Hello @fpazcas,

The System Information --> PCI screenshot actually looks correct. When we connect Thunderbolt devices to the system, macOS automatically generates PCI name, description, and slot information. We can override the default values by creating Device Properties, but we should not do this for devices that are not permanently connected.

So in other words, the "PCI" screen is just informational, but not functional. As long as it says that the drivers for Thunderbolt devices are loaded, there is nothing to worry about.
Is it normal that it sometimes does not detect the device at startup? My device is UAD Apollo x6 (TB3 Adapter to TB2 Cable to TB3 Adapter)

I've upgraded to Catalina beta (11.0.1) by just using the Apple Installation File (I have developer access) on my Designaire i9900K with no problems. I did so at 061. I'm currently using OC 063. Here's my EFI folder with config.plist. I've removed my SSID/Serial#/etc, so make sure to add yours back in.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 68

Jules

Sure, I'll create a mini-guide for upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. Some comments:
  • Most Mojave users are not expected to upgrade to Big Sur for the same reason they have not upgraded to Catalina (i.e. no support for 32-bit apps).
  • The mini-guide will therefore focus on:
    • Upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur
    • OpenCore only
    • Must use BIOS F9g or higher with CFG-Lock disabled in the Boot section of BIOS Setup
UPDATE:

To install Big Sur...
  • Catalina users should switch to OpenCore if they have not done so already.
  • Catalina users should upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.3 from this mini-guide.
  • Please ensure that OpenCore Configurator --> Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Disabled (not Default).
  • Catalina users should make a full bootable backup of Catalina and test the backup.
  • Catalina users can then perform an in-place upgrade to Big Sur from System Preferences --> Software Update.
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 9.19.09 AM.png

Is it normal that it sometimes does not detect the device at startup? My device is UAD Apollo x6 (TB3 Adapter to TB2 Cable to TB3 Adapter)
Please try BIOS Setup --> Thunderbolt --> Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Boot Once.

Back