Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If you are using an add-in-card, it is necessary to determine its PCI address such as RP21 or RP05 or something else. IORegistryExplorer will give us that information. Feel free to select File --> Save As... and post the saved IOReg file.
the AR AIC is at RP21, which is consistent with the SSDT I'm using (attached to above post)

so the issue remains as system freeze during/after sleep

Attachments

• Barn iMac IOreg .zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Please check if agdpmod=pikera is present in Boot Args.

Edit: If you use config-AMD-GPU.plist, this argument will be there by default.
Just want to make sure that I understand this since I’ve been doing it wrong for about a year lol... so I would only use the intel config file If I do not have a graphics card?
Ie. even know I have an intel GPU, since I’m plugged into the RX 5700, I would want the AMD version?

Just want to make sure that I understand this since I’ve been doing it wrong for about a year lol... so I would only use the intel config file If I do not have a graphics card?
Ie. even know I have an intel GPU, since I’m plugged into the RX 5700, I would want the AMD version?
Yes, now you understand it!

correct, you are using an AMD card to plug your monitor in, not your intel

UPDATE 07-11-2020:
Finally I got rid of the issue with final cut pro X. CaseySJ I found the post you mention OpenCore Sanity Checker. So I used my config.plist and fixed all the errors Sanity Checker was reporting. After that Finder and fcpx work w/o issues. I can't talk enough how great Sanity Checker is!!! Hope at Tuesday BigSur will launch and soon have a great guide from CaseySJ. Best Regards!
Sorry, I missed your post from before but it may be related to what I was experiencing recently. In my case as in yours, after browsing with Safari, the 'pkd' and 'lsd' processes would ramp up and other applications, like FCP would not allow an open/save dialog box to open. With activity monitor, I forced those processes to quit, and everything goes back to normal. I have a lot of plugins loaded in FCP and there is something that Safari is doing in connection with those plug ins that seems to cause the 'pkd' process to go crazy. As long as I don't launch Safari, I'm fine. What issues in the Sanity Checker did you correct that seems to have fixed the problem for you?

Sorry, I missed your post from before but it may be related to what I was experiencing recently. In my case as in yours, after browsing with Safari, the 'pkd' and 'lsd' processes would ramp up and other applications, like FCP would not allow an open/save dialog box to open. With activity monitor, I forced those processes to quit, and everything goes back to normal. I have a lot of plugins loaded in FCP and there is something that Safari is doing in connection with those plug ins that seems to cause the 'pkd' process to go crazy. As long as I don't launch Safari, I'm fine. What issues in the Sanity Checker did you correct that seems to have fixed the problem for you?
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I stopped these processes by "force quit" in activity monitor but still have the issue. It's something else that I cannot find for long time. My 2nd hackintosh which is almost the same as my main doesn't have these issues and all plugings are installed also. This is because the installation went through clover. My main didn't have this issue also when I had it with clover. With OpenCore these issues showed up.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I stopped these processes by "force quit" in activity monitor but still have the issue. It's something else that I cannot find for long time. My 2nd hackintosh which is almost the same as my main doesn't have these issues and all plugings are installed also. This is because the installation went through clover. My main didn't have this issue also when I had it with clover. With OpenCore these issues showed up.
Try to swap your storage drives and see if you still have theses issues

Hello guys. Is there a guide/link to the post on how to install Supplemental updates? I just got a notification about one for 10.15.7. I checked the first post and the last 15-20 pages, but couldn't find how people are doing it.
I've never installed any updates before (I only did fresh OS installation twice).

Hello @sybil,

Yes you may post the Thunderbolt firmware file for HP Thunderbolt Add-in-Card. Have you tried flashing the following modified firmware to that card? (This is located in the Thunderbolt Repository.)

View attachment 494454

Regarding the DROM, we should enable Port 7 as follows, using ThunderboltUtil:
Bash:
setport 0x07 ""
Then change the UniqueID (UID): (replace 112233445566 with six random hex numbers)
Bash:
setuid 0011223344556600
Then update checksums and create the DROM:
Bash:
repairchecksums
makedromdsl
Attached is the firmware dumped from HP Thunderbolt PCIE Add-in-card.
Thank you very much.

I haven't tried flashing the modified firmware of Asrock Z490 itx/tb3 to my HP PCIE Add-in-card, I found they have different IO name (HP-15E8/Asrock-15E7).

I try to use SSDT with changed IO path RP09 to active the HP TB3 Add-in-card, the Thunderbolt says that no drivers are loaded, please find the attached IO registry below.

BIOS setting:Thunderbolt Security - No Security

Attachments

• HPFWBCP.bin.zip
    428.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IO Registry of HP TB3 Add-in-card.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Does anybody know why my System Report has iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone as en6, en11, en12 and en5 listed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 54
Back