Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

** CORRECTION to OpenCore 0.6.3 Mini-Guide **

If you recently upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.3, please note that the instructions for Board Serial Number were wrong.
  • The original OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide instructed you to copy Board ID from Hackintool into the MLB field in OpenCore Configurator.
  • However, we need to copy Board Serial Number from Hackintool (as shown below) into MLB.
  • Please make this correction. Your original Board Serial Number can be found in the previous OpenCore 0.6.2 config.plist.

View attachment 494450
Lets use CopyConfig next time

Lets use CopyConfig next time
Can you please post a detailed guide with screenshots of each step?

EDIT: I'm working on this right now...

Last edited:
I think when I made the backup copy I didn't check if the boot argu was in there back up usb... i get a black screen on everything now and cant get back into hackintosh. Is there a way to add the boot argument during the open core boot start up time? Also, I went back to g version bios but i tried F9i and with cnfg lock off gives me a black screen. Seems to be a ghost that constantly comes up...maybe ill just paste my efi folder here and tell you the amd card.

Thank you for your time.
Sorry, I still don't understand. Let me ask the following:
  • Your USB flash disk contains the new OpenCore 0.6.3.
    • If you used config-AMD-GPU.plist, then boot argument will already include agdpmod=pikera.
    • If you used config-Intel-iGPU.plist, then boot argument will not include that.
      • Perhaps you used config-Intel-iGPU.plist?
  • Your internal macOS SSD still contains the original OpenCore 0.6.2 that boots up normally and includes the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.
    • So just boot from the internal macOS SSD, then add the missing boot argument to config.plist on the USB flash disk.

Hi @CaseySJ

Could you advise if I can modify the firmware of my HP Thunderbolt add on card? I found that it has same controller with Asrock Z490 ITX, both of which are Titan Ridge LP controller with one port. I dumped the firmware and compared with the DROM of Asrock Z490 ITX, I attached a capture below. If it is possible I can post the dumped firmware here. It is really honor to have an opportunity to test it and I will take all responsibility for any firmware damage, I have bought the same firmware chips.

I was confused that there is an "inactive" tips in this DROM of HP Thunderbolt add on card, it doesn't appear on my GC-Titan card (rev1.0).

sources:
/Users/marvin/Desktop/HPFWBCP.bin:active:v39:nvm_v39.6f00:0x4200
/Users/marvin/Desktop/HPFWBCP.bin:inactive:v39:nvm_v39.6f00:0x82200

marvin@MarvindeMac ~ % usedromnum 1
marvin@MarvindeMac ~ % dumpdrom
0x01) UID: 0x00F0000000000000
0x0d) Device ROM Revision: 1
0x10) Vendor ID: 0xF0
0x12) Device ID: 0x846D
0x14) Device Revision: 0x1
0x15) EEPROM Revision: 1
0x16) 1: 800280000000
0x1e) 2: 900180000000
0x26) - 3:
0x28) - 4:
0x2a) 5: 500000
0x2f) 6: 500000
0x34) - 7:
0x36) 8: 200100640000000000
0x41) 9: 80
0x44) - A:
0x46) - B:
0x48) 1: "HP Inc."
0x52) 2: "HP Thunderbolt Option Card"
0x6f) End
Hello @sybil,

Yes you may post the Thunderbolt firmware file for HP Thunderbolt Add-in-Card. Have you tried flashing the following modified firmware to that card? (This is located in the Thunderbolt Repository.)

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.16.44 AM.png

Regarding the DROM, we should enable Port 7 as follows, using ThunderboltUtil:
Bash:
setport 0x07 ""
Then change the UniqueID (UID): (replace 112233445566 with six random hex numbers)
Bash:
setuid 0011223344556600
Then update checksums and create the DROM:
Bash:
repairchecksums
makedromdsl

I have a designare z390 card and I flash the thunderbolt with the psyche file everything works fine but on Windows it does not work I have a 27 inch imac 2011 as a thunderbold monitor do I need to put a driver for display on Windows please help me ??
Please see this post regarding Windows compatibility with flashed Thunderbolt firmware:

** Mini-Guide: Using HackinDROM to Transfer OpenCore PlatformInfo **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.
Credit: @Inqnuam

Purpose:
This guide applies to OpenCore users only. OpenCore is currently being updated at the beginning of each month. The pace of software releases will likely slow down. Nevertheless, whenever a new version of OpenCore is released, we publish an updated OpenCore EFI that contains modified versions of the configuration file (config-AMD-GPU.plist and config-Intel-iGPU.plist).

The process of upgrading OpenCore requires users to transfer PlatformInfo credentials from their existing config.plist into the new config.plist. This involves the transfer of:
  • System Identifier (such as iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1)
  • System Serial Number
  • System UUID
  • Board Serial Number (MLB)
  • ROM
To make this process painless and error-free, we recommend using HackinDROM as described in the following steps.

Procedure:
  1. Point a web browser to: https://hackindrom.zapto.org/
  2. Select Copy Config from the dock.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.29.21 AM.png
  3. Click the Browse... button and select the existing OpenCore config.plist. Then click the pop-up menu labeled Please select a config.plist as preset.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.30.48 AM.png
  4. From the pop-up menu, carefully select the (a) correct motherboard, (b) correct version of OpenCore, and (c) correct GPU. If you have an AMD GPU, select an entry that contains "AMD GPU". If you do not have an AMD GPU, select an entry that contains "Intel iGPU".
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.32.36 AM.png
  5. HackinDROM will display the Boot Arguments that are present in the selected preset file. Please review and/or edit these arguments if necessary. When you are satisfied, click COPY as shown.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.38.02 AM.png
  6. Finally, you will see a Disk icon. Select that to download the modified config.plist.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.40.02 AM.png
  7. Copy the downloaded config.plist into the OpenCore OC folder. Typically, we will install new versions of OpenCore on a USB flash disk to make sure it works properly. So mount the EFI partition of the USB flash disk and copy the downloaded config.plist into the EFI/OC folder.

Last edited:
If you're building a new Hackintosh you can use CopyConfig to generate a New SMBIOS data and insert them into selected config.plist

1. Go to https://hackindrom.zapto.org
2. Click to CopyConfig:
View attachment 494469
3.Follow next instructions:
View attachment 494470
View attachment 494471
View attachment 494472
View attachment 494473
View attachment 494474
View attachment 494476
View attachment 494479
sorry for my bad English :crazy:
That's awesome! Didn't realize we could create new configs as well.

Hello @sybil,

Yes you may post the Thunderbolt firmware file for HP Thunderbolt Add-in-Card. Have you tried flashing the following modified firmware to that card? (This is located in the Thunderbolt Repository.)

View attachment 494454

Regarding the DROM, we should enable Port 7 as follows, using ThunderboltUtil:
Bash:
setport 0x07 ""
Then change the UniqueID (UID): (replace 112233445566 with six random hex numbers)
Bash:
setuid 0011223344556600
Then update checksums and create the DROM:
Bash:
repairchecksums
makedromdsl
Nothing against @joevt's ThunderboltUtil but we can do that easily with HackinDROM
When find a time I will add an one-click option for that

Back