Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, i know that but i have try 3-4 different options of usb mapping and still the same. At Gigabyte Aorus Master HS13 is internal usb 2 and is mapped like that.
So HS13 is set to type 255?

Have you tried posting this issue in “Post Installation” —> “Network”?

I’ve never used a DW1560 so not sure if any special patches are necessary.

I have finally installed a Z390 Designare into my main computer's case, in replacement of a Z390 Aorus Pro. I have replaced a 4th-gen proc and mobo in another case with the Aorus Pro.

the RX590 from the Aorus will go into the Designare. a new MSI RX 5500 XT 4gb is now in the Aorus. the only config.plist mod was to add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.

the Aorus has an unflashed Alpine Ridge card. after a cold start then a warm boot, my Apple TB monitor works fine, including mic, camera, and speakers.

however, using an alternate hookup using HDMI from the GPU to the monitor, there is no audio. the monitor shows up as an option in sound preferences, just no audio output.

I temporarily swapped in the 590 in place of the 5500 and audio thru the monitor works fine.

any ideas?

this is not a showstopper, as I can always use the rear panel audio jack, or if I buy a second apple TB monitor, use that for sound output.

I've attached my config.plist and IOReg output.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Barn iMac ioreg.zip
    997.7 KB · Views: 47
  • config copy 2.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 46
I have finally installed a Z390 Designare into my main computer's case, in replacement of a Z390 Aorus Pro. I have replaced a 4th-gen proc and mobo in another case with the Aorus Pro.

the RX590 from the Aorus will go into the Designare. a new MSI RX 5500 XT 4gb is now in the Aorus. the only config.plist mod was to add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.

the Aorus has an unflashed Alpine Ridge card. after a cold start then a warm boot, my Apple TB monitor works fine, including mic, camera, and speakers.

however, using an alternate hookup using HDMI from the GPU to the monitor, there is no audio. the monitor shows up as an option in sound preferences, just no audio output.

I temporarily swapped in the 590 in place of the 5500 and audio thru the monitor works fine.

any ideas?

this is not a showstopper, as I can always use the rear panel audio jack, or if I buy a second apple TB monitor, use that for sound output.

I've attached my config.plist and IOReg output.

thanks in advance.
Please clarify:
  • The Z390 Aorus Pro contains the MSI RX 5500 XT?
  • The RX 590 is currently sitting in its box or otherwise removed from any system?
  • When using HDMI from the MSI RX 5500 XT to the monitor, which monitor are you using? (Apple TB Display does not have HDMI input.)
  • What application are you using to play audio?

Please clarify:
  • The Z390 Aorus Pro has the MSI RX 5500 XT?
  • The RX 590 is currently sitting in its box or otherwise removed from any system?
  • When using HDMI from the MSI RX 5500 XT to the monitor, which monitor are you using? (Apple TB Display does not have HDMI input.)
  • What application are you using to play audio?
1) yes
2) yes
3) ASUS VE248, 1080p. the TB display test was done separately via the alpine ridge card, with the HDMI cable from the 5500 to the Asus monitor disconnected.
4) System prefs--Sound--sound effects (same method as used to successfully test the audio from the 590 when it was temporarily installed in the Aorus)

Hello @sybil,

Are you using a Lenovo desktop PC with a Lenovo motherboard?

You said that you connected PIN 1 and PIN 3 on the GC-Titan Ridge card. When holding the card vertically with PCIe pins facing the floor, we need to connect the top and middle pins of the 5-pin J1 header.

Please confirm.
Hi Casey,

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm using a Lenovo Thinkstation desktop with a Lenovo motherboard. I jumped the top and middle pins of the 5-pin TB header when holding the card vertically with PCIe pins facing the floor.

The USB founction of GC-Titan card still can be used in win10 after the firmware was flashed, both cold boot and warm boot without any device pluged. The Thunderbolt contractor 15EB will appeared in Windows device manager at the moment. Both the Thunderbolt eGPU enclosure (Razer core V2) and TB3 SSD box pluged will cause the system failed to power off when restarting. The TB3 device cannot be recognized but it would lighted as normal.

There are some things interesting on MacOS, the Thunderbolt will change status when I change the security leval of Thunderbolt setting in BIOS.
Security leval: User confirm--NO drivers was loaded ; NO security--NO hardware was found

Last edited:
Hello @mrfatcatt,

If OpenCore 0.6.3 is installed only on the USB flash disk (as stated in the OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide), then you can still boot from the internal macOS SSD that has the previous OpenCore 0.6.2. Just remove the USB flash drive and boot. Then insert the USB flash drive and modify boot-args.
I think when I made the backup copy I didn't check if the boot argu was in there back up usb... i get a black screen on everything now and cant get back into hackintosh. Is there a way to add the boot argument during the open core boot start up time? Also, I went back to g version bios but i tried F9i and with cnfg lock off gives me a black screen. Seems to be a ghost that constantly comes up...maybe ill just paste my efi folder here and tell you the amd card.

Thank you for your time.

Back