Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you for a Great guide!!! Is there SSDT for Gigabyte X299 Designare? or Can I apply one of them? or any recommendation?

Last edited:
Hi CaseySJ,

I need your help sincerely. I just flashed the modified firmware V1.0 into my GC-Titan card(REV:1.0), but the thunderbolt still says that there NO driver was loaded. I dumped the firmware after flashed and it has same hash value with the original .bin file in this Repository. I think the firmware was flashed successful. I only added the SSDT-DTPG.aml that provided on the guide *** Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge V1.0 ***, I don't know the PCI path where the GC-Titan card was loaded such as RP05, cause I only used it on win10 before. I can't find anything about the PCI path in IO Registry. I checked the SSDT-DTPG.aml was added to the right place /OC/ACPI, also was opened on my config file. As I understood before, the Thunderbolt controller will be loaded on the OSX after the firmware was flashed. I have turned on the Thunderbolt in BIOS, the security level is NO security limited, the Thunderbolt was in the native mode and can not be changed. The MB was published by Lenovo, a jumper has added on PIN 1 and PIN3, this is all the background info that I know. Please let me know how to continue to complete my Thunderbolt building. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thank you for a Great guide!!! Is there SSDT for Gigabyte X299 Designare? or Can I apply one of them? or any recommendation?
Pls do not quote, says the message you're quoting :) Can you please revise your message and unquote? Thank you.

Please have a look at some of my replies here:

I have total three 5K monitors connected - one LG 5K and two Planar IX2790 (DisplayPort 1.4). So I don't need ghost display emulator. I've tried to talk with LG support in order to get firmware update, but no luck at this moment.

Hi CaseySJ,

I need your help sincerely. I just flashed the modified firmware V1.0 into my GC-Titan card(REV:1.0), but the thunderbolt still says that there NO driver was loaded. I dumped the firmware after flashed and it has same hash value with the original .bin file in this Repository. I think the firmware was flashed successful. I only added the SSDT-DTPG.aml that provided on the guide *** Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge V1.0 ***, I don't know the PCI path where the GC-Titan card was loaded such as RP05, cause I only used it on win10 before. I can't find anything about the PCI path in IO Registry. I checked the SSDT-DTPG.aml was added to the right place /OC/ACPI, also was opened on my config file. As I understood before, the Thunderbolt controller will be loaded on the OSX after the firmware was flashed. I have turned on the Thunderbolt in BIOS, the security level is NO security limited, the Thunderbolt was in the native mode and can not be changed. The MB was published by Lenovo, a junper has added on PIN 1 and PIN3, this is all the background info that I know. Please let me know how to continue to complete my Thunderbolt building. Thanks in advance.
Please unquote like the topic says. Thank you.

Hello @CaseySJ ,

My OC 0.6.3 update didn't work. I get the following error when attempting to boot from the USB. "OCB: StartImage failed - Already started" I also noticed that there was no GUI OC picker menu so I booted back into my main MacOS drive and triple checked the OC Configurator settings from you .plist file in the zip and noticed that none of the "Drivers" were loaded into the OC settings. Once I had added them back, I rebooted and then (f12) selected the USB drive to boot from and this time I had the GUI OC Menu but still had the same error appear. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Hello @CaseySJ ,

My OC 0.6.3 update didn't work. I get the following error when attempting to boot from the USB. "OCB: StartImage failed - Already started" I also noticed that there was no GUI OC picker menu so I booted back into my main MacOS drive and triple checked the OC Configurator settings from you .plist file in the zip and noticed that none of the "Drivers" were loaded into the OC settings. Once I had added them back, I rebooted and then (f12) selected the USB drive to boot from and this time I had the GUI OC Menu but still had the same error appear. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Simply go to BIOS Setup —> Boot and select the macOS SSD as first boot priority. The top priority might be “OpenCore” so change it to macOS SSD. Then on next boot it will change back to OpenCore, which is fine.

@buyjoey / @sybil

Please note that the mini-guides you quoted clearly state:

“Please do not quote this guide in its entirely. Post a link instead.”

Please edit your post and remove the quoted guide.

I have total three 5k monitors connected - one lg 5k and two planar ix2790 (displayport 1.4), so i don't need ghost display emulator. I've tried to talk with LG support in order to get firmware update, but no luck at this moment.
This might sound harsh, but it’s true (cue the Jack Nicholson clip, “you can’t handle the truth” :) ):
  • There’s nothing we can do about the quirks of any specific Thunderbolt device at this time. It is what it is. We can (a) live with it, (b) buy a real Mac, (c) purchase a different device, or (d) find an acceptable workaround by ourselves.

Hello @Mattioo,

Are you running Mojave or Catalina? I know you used May 2020 Update - Catalina 10.15.4 Fresh Install.zip, but just want to make sure because you said that you "deleted all the kexts in /L/E" (which implies Mojave).

Are you in the process of converting Mojave to OpenCore, or upgrading Mojave to Catalina?
I am in Catalina 10.15.7, I've been doing all the update almost as soon as they were available, but even in Catalina I remained with the method that was using the kext in L/E/ ! It's only by looking all your guides that I realised that having a properly configured Catalina and injecting the way it is supposed to with Clover was maybe a good idea before switching from Clover to OpenCore.

You can imagine that I now have a perfectly running Clover system with Catalina 10.15.7 and I now wish to use OpenCore to be ready for the future of hackintosh and not being slow behind. The problem is that by taking your OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI folder, I end up having a freeze when trying to boot as explained in my last post. I did C/C all the serials numbers.

EDIT :

Ok I know what was wrong, I just had the previous BIOS settings ! I did the new BIOS settings from your guide, and now OpenCore successfully boot my Catalina 10.15.7 :headbang::headbang::headbang:
I'm super happy :D Thanks for noticing that there was some weird things about my Catalina upgrade, it lead me to find out what was the problem !!

Last edited:
Back