Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

*** OpenCore 0.6.3 for Z390 Designare ***
Testers Needed​

Looking for a couple of volunteers to test the attached OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Z390 Designare. Please test this with a USB flash disk.
  • At least one Mojave volunteer
  • At least one Catalina volunteer
  • Optionally, at least one Big Sur volunteer

Does the system boot?
Any error or warnings displayed?
Catalina & Big Sur tested, no problem! thanks

Is anyone here tried to flash titan ridge with arceli ch341a programmer ? manual, posted here, states, that after connecting programmer to usb port red led must turn on (not blue led). but in my case - blue led always turned on and i cannot use programmer with flashrom. i can't find information about what blue led means.
Please see this guide, specifically Step 2, which shows jumper positions.

Well your EFI boots my Big Sur Install alright. I do get the "Legacy System Extension" warning as attached below. Honestly I'm more confused after having a quick look at your EFI. 1 - Why do you load "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi"? my research says it's not needed. 2- Your "PlateformInfo" section is missing the new "Memory" section. 3 - Why are you loading "AudioDxe.efi" isn't the Audio handled by "AppleALC" kext? 4 - "OpenCore Sanity Checker" has flagged a few other entries in your EFI, but I'm most curious about the # 1 & 3.. Thanks for sharing.
1. OpenUsbKbDxe.efi does no harm.
2. Memory section can be added once OpenCore Configurator is updated to release version. This section is not mandatory.
3. AudioDxe.efi is used for Boot Chime, which is separate from AppleALC.
4. OpenCore Sanity Checker flags are guidelines, not gospel.

** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Designare Z390 **
Supports Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.16.1.0 or Newer

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.3 has arrived, along with an update of VirtualSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.3
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.8
  • Lilu 1.4.9
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.4
  • AppleALC 1.5.4
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> False
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-063-DESIGNARE-Z390.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here.
  1. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder are two standard config files:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist (choose this if using an AMD GPU)
    • config-Intel-iGPU.plist (choose this only if no AMD GPU is present)
  2. Pick one of the files above, rename it to config.plist, and open this config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.16.1.0 or later.
  3. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.3 Release Version as shown:
    OCC Preferences.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.31.10 AM.png
  4. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
    • Use Hackintool to copy existing values:
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.47.17 AM.png
    • And paste them here one by one:
      PlatformInfo.png
  5. Save the file.
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.3 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.

Attachments

• OC-063-DESIGNARE-Z390.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,217
Last edited:
Please see this guide, specifically Step 2, which shows jumper positions.

yes, i've correctly installed jumpers
and checked few times wiring to the soic8 clip.
do you have any photo with wires connected from arceli to soic8 clip ? (i wanna see how pins from arceli connected to soic8, maybe i wrongly interpreted instruction with pinout?)

edit: i've attached photos with my setup

Attachments

• IMG_2931_.JPG
    IMG_2931_.JPG
    699.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2932_.JPG
    IMG_2932_.JPG
    566.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2933_.JPG
    IMG_2933_.JPG
    505.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2934_.JPG
    IMG_2934_.JPG
    752.3 KB · Views: 119
yes, i've correctly installed jumpers
and checked few times wiring to the soic8 clip.
do you have any photo with wires connected from arceli to soic8 clip ? (i wanna see how pins from arceli connected to soic8, maybe i wrongly interpreted instruction with pinout?)

edit: i've attached photos with my setup
Is the LED still blue, or is it red?

The first jumper (marked I2C/SPI) is in the wrong position. Please see Step 2 photos again.

Is the LED still blue, or is it red?

The first jumper (marked I2C/SPI) is in the wrong position. Please see Step 2 photos again.
thank you! it works!
i've read 'keep as is' and didn't changed first jumper position.

thank you! it works!
i've read 'keep as is' and didn't changed first jumper position.
Glad it's working.

Gentle reminder to create a custom Thunderbolt DROM/SSDT as well.

Back