Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Graphics: RTX 2060? You’re on High Sierra?

No, Catalina . I did remove my RTX (my secondary card, I use my RX 580 on macOS) and now I get a slightly different error .

There's an Err on the prelinkedkernel.development ...

20201022_235145.jpg

Thanks

I followed your process, handoff and Continuity Camera are working great, but when I try to activate the Unlock with Apple Watch, it said that the Mac couldn't communicate with the Watch
@CaseySJ I want to be sure, are you talking about this post: Update: Fixing Handoff, Unlock w/Apple Watch, Continuity Camera ?

Because I followed it twice, even if it is quite long process, but it still doesn't work it was working perfectly with Clover, so it has to be something specific with OpenCore.

Apple watch.png

Got a functioning bootable back up of my Mojave install, now ready to format my NVMe drive to start a fresh Catalina install using OpenCore.

What is current scoop on the definitive and best way to generate a serial number and board serial number?

As I am starting from fresh, what SMBIOS? iMac 19,1 or iMac Pro 1,1? I used iMac 19,1 for my Mojave install so thinking to use the same...

Okay to use OpenCore for UUID?

Cheers

You are indeed using the correct USB SSDT. Some more questions:
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Please post screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Also post screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in EFI partition.
  • Then run Terminal and type kextstat | grep -v apple and post the output.
Running Mojave, here are the files.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.37.21.png
    Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.37.21.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.37.59.png
    Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.37.59.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.38.53.png
    Schermata 2020-10-23 alle 12.38.53.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 52
Running Mojave, here are the files.
Remind me please: what is the problem we’re trying to solve?

If it’s USB 2.0 ports on rear IO panel, please post the USB SSDT that you’re using.

Also type this in Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /System/Library/Extensions
Then reboot and check USB 2 ports again.

Hi everyone.

I had a Mojave Clover installation that worked very well for the past 6 months, so I though it was the time to update to Catalina.

I have Mojave on a Sabrent 1TB NVMe and yesterday I made a fresh Catalina Installation to a spare 250gb Samsung 850 Evo. Let call them SSD Mojave and SSD Catalina.

I followed the Catalina Mini guide and everything worked fine, I successfully boot on Clover, Installed Catalina and boot on the new Mac OS. Catalina is working just fine - from what I can tell.

Now going back to the Mojave installation, It seems like something is messing up with the Mojave Clover boot.

1st:
Although I have set up the Default boot Volume as Mojave SSD in clover, the first drive that shows when I boot is the Catalina one (So I have to manually switch to the Mojave SSD during clover boot, and it doest boot in Mojave properly.)
Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 10.53.07.png

2nd:
If I disconnect the Catalina SSD (so apparently the situation is exactly the same before the Catalina new installation and it should work perfectly as before), I cannot boot anymore on Mojave. I get this error after clover boot.
7R1Ej.png

If I connect the Catalina SSD drive, I can still boot on Mojave
(From the Bios boot after pressing F12, I always select the Mojave SSD drive - No the Catalina one).

I did some research and it could be something related to NVRam but I'm not sure, I didn't find the proper answer yet.

Also, this is not the first time that this happen to me.
A few months ago I tried the same process with a OpenCore Catalina installation and I had a similar situation where I could boot from the new Clover Catalina but I couldn't boot anymore on the previous volumes.
After a few hours of panic because I had 2 different backup drivers of Mojave (so I thought I was safe before start everything) and none of them was booting.
I figured out a way to boot on Mojave (not sure how) and so I decided to delete the new OpenCore installation and don't update to Catalina.

There is definitively something wrong I do that mess up with the clover boot but I'm not sure what.
Any of you have any idea? Any way to avoid all of this and have all the volumes booting properly?

Ps.
Although I have been running hackintosh for 7-8 yeas now I'm not an expert and I'm sorry if what I'm asking is something very simple that I shouldn't ask. I thank you in advance if you find the time to help me on that.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 10.53.07.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 10.53.07.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
The Gigabyte X299 Designare EX attaches its on-board Alpine Ridge controller to RP05, same as Z390 Designare. You can therefore use the attached two files. Copy them both to the CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder and reboot.
Thank you.
Its not work

system report PCI:
SSDT-X299-DESIGNARE-EX-TB3_.png

ioregistry:
ioreg.png

hot-plug not work

Thank you.
Its not work

system report PCI:
View attachment 492911
ioregistry:
View attachment 492912
hot-plug not work
Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

The screenshots show that the Thunderbolt SSDT was not loaded.

We can check system log:
Code:
log show —last boot | grep ACPI > ~/Documents/log.txt
This will create “log.txt” in your Documents folder. Please post that file.

Hi everyone.

I had a Mojave Clover installation that worked very well for the past 6 months, so I though it was the time to update to Catalina.

I have Mojave on a Sabrent 1TB NVMe and yesterday I made a fresh Catalina Installation to a spare 250gb Samsung 850 Evo. Let call them SSD Mojave and SSD Catalina.

I followed the Catalina Mini guide and everything worked fine, I successfully boot on Clover, Installed Catalina and boot on the new Mac OS. Catalina is working just fine - from what I can tell.

Now going back to the Mojave installation, It seems like something is messing up with the Mojave Clover boot.

1st:
Although I have set up the Default boot Volume as Mojave SSD in clover, the first drive that shows when I boot is the Catalina one (So I have to manually switch to the Mojave SSD during clover boot, and it doest boot in Mojave properly.)
View attachment 492897

2nd:
If I disconnect the Catalina SSD (so apparently the situation is exactly the same before the Catalina new installation and it should work perfectly as before), I cannot boot anymore on Mojave. I get this error after clover boot.
View attachment 492898
If I connect the Catalina SSD drive, I can still boot on Mojave
(From the Bios boot after pressing F12, I always select the Mojave SSD drive - No the Catalina one).

I did some research and it could be something related to NVRam but I'm not sure, I didn't find the proper answer yet.

Also, this is not the first time that this happen to me.
A few months ago I tried the same process with a OpenCore Catalina installation and I had a similar situation where I could boot from the new Clover Catalina but I couldn't boot anymore on the previous volumes.
After a few hours of panic because I had 2 different backup drivers of Mojave (so I thought I was safe before start everything) and none of them was booting.
I figured out a way to boot on Mojave (not sure how) and so I decided to delete the new OpenCore installation and don't update to Catalina.

There is definitively something wrong I do that mess up with the clover boot but I'm not sure what.
Any of you have any idea? Any way to avoid all of this and have all the volumes booting properly?

Ps.
Although I have been running hackintosh for 7-8 yeas now I'm not an expert and I'm sorry if what I'm asking is something very simple that I shouldn't ask. I thank you in advance if you find the time to help me on that.

Howdy.

Please make sure that you still have a valid EFI folder on the UEFI partition of your bootdisk and that the BIOS is "pointing" to that EFI partition when the machine first boots.

After that, the machine should be pointing to the right disk for OS boot.

It's a little different between Clover and OC. FWIW, I'm having a lot more success with Mojave and OC 0.6.2 than I had with Clover. But there's a slight difference with the OC setup between Mojave and Catalina, according to the Dortania Coffee Lake guide.

If you zip and post your EFI, I'll take a look at it this afternoon.

Back