Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If your system works well, why? Obviously, my opinion. I’ll stay for a while on Mojave like you and I’m still on Clover 5099. Works smooth, my DAW (Reaper) is solid...

EDIT: oops! Casey beat me saying the same!
Cubase/Logic Pro/Bitwig work well for me too.
And Lightroom & Photoshop.
I am a happy camper.

A small virtual bouquet to everybody who made this possible, and especially to CaseySJ:

1602927293788.png

Thanks, I will keep this in mind with the next install/upgrade.

It seems that the upgrade-installer really messed up my installation (after spending hours to fix some errors with 0 result), so I decided to start from scratch again and will try to restore from TimeMachine backups. Also, I will now be using your EFI on oc 0.6.2.

New EFI, new USB installer, fresh install :) Fingers crossed.

everything is working again. Thank goodness.

Hey!

Do we know if the current listed bios in Gigabyte website F9i has the options to disable CFG-Lock from BIOS?

I'm currently using the F9g.

I'm sorry that this was beeing discussed in the latest pages, I went asking right away because I'm with the beta bios since May and wasn't reading much here lately. Anyway found your mini guide to move to OpenCore and new bios, gonna perform it tomorrow. :headbang:

And btw, the search never works well for me lol.

Hello again.

Since some days I have the sleep/reboot problem again with my Designare Z390.
I have Catalina last update, with OpenCore 0.6.0.

I've seen that there is an Opencore 0.6.2 and 0.6.3.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to update Opencore to a newer version!.

I have downloaded Opencore 0.6.2 but I think it's an standard version, and when I installed 0.6.2 was throgh this guide with your provided files. I don't find any guide for updating an Opencore version to another.

Do I copy all the 0.6.2 files to my EFI folder?
Thank you
Fernando

Hello again.

I have downloaded Opencore 0.6.2 but I think it's an standard version, and when I installed 0.6.2 was throgh this guide with your provided files. I don't find any guide for updating an Opencore version to another.

Thank you
Fernando

Just download the latest version supplied by @CaseySJ and copy your serial numbers etc to the new version. All the hard work has been done for you.

Just download the latest version supplied by @CaseySJ and copy your serial numbers etc to the new version. All the hard work has been done for you.
Hello and thank you!.
I have just seen there is a mini-guide link provided!.
I'll try just now.
Thx again.

Hello again.

Thank you
Fernando
Hello.
I followed that mini-guide to successfully upgrade to 0.6.2:

But still the sleep doesn't work. It re-starts.

I have done also this:

That solution was OK in my clover configuration and the Fenvi wifi Card.
But it seems that with Opencore it doesn't work.

Any solution?
Thank you

After a few months off (from hackintoshing) I'd like to report a few things in.
I have flashed my GC-TR 2.0 Card to the latest patched firmware posted by @CaseySJ for the 2.0 card. I have also generated a new DROM using the awesome utility Hackindrom. Things are working very well on the TB3 front. I've even added the new OWC Envoy Express enclosure with a Seagate FireCuda 510 SSD (2TB) drive to the mix and all is performing wonderfully. This enclosure is the perfect device to go back and forth between my desktop system and my rmbp. I am still running a 3 monitor setup via TB3, with one 4K connected to DP of GPU. I'm going to do some testing of TB3 monitors with the new TR card. Right now everything is working the same as before with the TR 1.0 card, so I haven't lost anything. I'll report back when I have completed my efforts.

Back