Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The Hackintosh plugins are all in the OpenCore 0.6.2 update zip that CaseySJ made or you can just download them individually on Github.
I have reinstalled fxfactorty version 7.1.7.. the spinning ball issue is still there in fcp title tab and sometimes in os also..it is annoying. Clover is my bootloader so where can i find latest plugins sir.

This doesn't seem to work. It is since I tried to upgrade today. I also placed back an older EFI, but the same error occurs. More suggestions?
@joostiphone

In your OC config.plist, set Misc > Security > SecureBootModel = Disabled

Folks I could do with some help regarding Logic Pro crashing immediately on startup. The story so far...

- Installed Mojave 10.4.6 and all good, Logic works
- Installed a bunch of plugins, Logic crashes immediately on staring up, can't open a session get into any preferences etc.
- Removed all plugins, trashed preferences and all related Logic system files
- Still crashes immediately on startup, bummer
Hey @Chevron I can't believe you are still having these Logic issues. Am also still on Mojave with the same version of Logic and no issues. I did notice that my build number for Mojave is different to yours 10.14.6 (18G6032) but I doubt that is the issue.

When you delete all plugins are you getting rid of both AU and VST?

Hmm seems that upgrading to the latest beta failed for me. I’m stuck here in the process and pc reboots after this. Any idea how to fix this without a reinstall? @CaseySJ ps; I can mount the ssd to another Mac if necessary.
The sixth Big Sur public beta is a bit unorthodox. When the update process begins in System Information --> Software Update, the system will prepare the installer and reboot the system.

On this first reboot, OpenCore Picker should present you a new option: Macintosh HD. Select this one. It might not be selected automatically.

Let the system boot. If the progress bar stops and does not move for 15 minutes, press the Reset physical button on the computer to reboot. If the progress bar proceeds all the way, the system will reboot itself shortly thereafter.

Now at the OpenCore Picker the Macintosh HD option should be gone. This time boot the Big Sur or macOS 11 disk. The update will continue now.

** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.

Purpose:
This guide is for Mojave and Catalina users who are currently using Clover and wish to switch to OpenCore.

Preparation:
There are three prerequisites for switching properly from Clover to OpenCore. Perform each of these steps in the order stated. However, confirm that you have a full bootable backup before starting.
  1. Enable native NVRAM.
    • The only preparation step we need to perform is to disable CFG-Lock.
    • The easiest and best way to do this is by flashing Beta BIOS F9g to the motherboard.
      • In BIOS F9g, CFG-Lock is automatically disabled.
      • BIOS F9g is available from this post.
    • If you prefer to install the latest official BIOS (F9i as of this writing), that is perfectly okay as well.
      • In BIOS F9i, CFG-Lock must be manually disabled from the Boot section.
      • BIOS F9i is available from this post.
    • Copy the file to a FAT32 USB flash disk and update the BIOS.
    • Then configure all BIOS parameters according to Post #1.
  2. Remove Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.
    • The build guide in Post 1 recommended the installation of Hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions. This practice is now obsolete and deprecated.
    • Check your /Library/Extensions folder for any of the following kexts:
      Hackintosh Kext Table.png
    • Delete all of these kexts if they exist in /Library/Extensions.
    • Then mark the kernel cache as invalid by typing the following commands in Terminal:
      • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
      • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    • Now reboot the system and log back into Mojave or Catalina just to make sure you can still boot.
      • Because a number of Hackintosh kexts were deleted, not all devices in the system will work. This is okay. We just want to ensure that Mojave or Catalina is still booting.
  3. Remove Clover RC scripts if they exist.
    • Run Terminal and type the following commands to remove legacy "rc" scripts if they exist. If "rc" scripts don't exist, then the commands below will simply return errors. This is okay.
      • sudo rm /etc/rc.boot.d/10.save_and_rotate_boot_log.local
      • sudo rm /etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local
      • sudo rm /etc/rc.boot.d/70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local.disabled
      • sudo rm /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local
      • sudo rm /etc/rc.clover.lib
Procedure:
  • Now we will download a pre-configured OpenCore EFI folder and copy it into the EFI partition of a USB flash disk.
  • Then we will transfer our existing (a) system name, (b) serial number, (c) system UUID, (d) board serial number, and (e) ROM from Clover to OpenCore.
  • Next, we will boot the system from the USB flash disk to confirm that OpenCore has been configured properly and Mojave/Catalina can boot up.
  • Finally, once we're convinced that OpenCore is working correctly, we will copy the OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD.
These steps are described here (can be followed by everyone):

Catalina users can try this optional method:
Update 21 SEP 2021:
The link below contains a subsequent link to the HackinDROM App that can generate a fully configured EFI folder for us, including generation of custom serial numbers.

End.

Last edited:
Thaks Casey. So I need to convert from Clover to Opencore first, get my clone of Catalina booting in Opencore and then try and upgrade to Big Sur?

It's the converting my existing Clover bootloader to OpenCore that I am a bit unclear on!
Please see mini-guide directly above.

Folks I could do with some help regarding Logic Pro crashing immediately on startup. The story so far...
Please run Hackintool and report the Platform ID that you see on the opening screen.

Help! I have created the Opencore EFI on a flash disk as per the guide for 0.6.2 - reset NVRAM and selected Catalina disk but the boot screen is then stuck on the Apple log with no progress bar. Can someone advise how I can see what this might be please?

One can always reinstall and copy files and apps from the backup, but if the backup disk won’t boot either then it indicates a different problem. Perhaps CFG-Lock is enabled? Which version of BIOS are you running?
i check my lock , re enabled and desabled it again , also quite weird how my lock shows 0x00 instead 0x0 and when locked its 0x01 is anyone have that too?

Back