Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

- Before I flashed it, I always had to unplug / replug the card right after I powered it up for the card to work. That still applies, but now, I can't even see the BIOS or any of the verbose mode during boot (which I always leave on). In fact, the monitors shut off due to no signal, then pop on once MacOS is booted. I guess this is a side-effect of using the flashed BIOS and the MiniDisplayPort cables routing from the video card to the Titan Ridge (if I need the BIOS, I can plug an HDMI in directly- so that's not the end of the world).
This might be fixable with an HDMI Ghost Plug (the word "might" does not mean it will be fixable). Consider using something like this:
- If I follow what’s quoted, I can't get anything to connect to my Titan Ridge in any capacity. (I'm sure it's related to setting it to PC00 as @CaseySJ and I discussed previously in a different thread), but I'm wondering if I did the process wrong.

- In System Report on the Hackintosh, the speed shows as 20Gb/s x2. I'm assuming this is also normal?
Let's have a look at the following:
  • IOReg file
  • Thunderbolt SSDT

- As stated at the beginning, hot plug is completely gone. Before the flash, if I unplugged/replugged everything came back normally. Now, I have to either plug in an HDMI or just hold the power button for 5 seconds .... then because of the connected Thunderbolt 3 dock not powering on boot (an issue I had when TB3 was fully functioning with the old firmware), I have to unplug the Thunderbolt 3 cable when I power up, wait a second or 2, then plug it in :lol:

Any advice would be great lol. As it stands now, I'm using the original AML files @CaseySJ supplied me earlier in the other thread and it's running all my devices like it did, except now with Thunderbolt 3 showing up in the System Report & no hot-plug at all.... so I'm getting SOMEWHERE LOL
Let's come back to this after the first two above.

Let's have a look at the following:
  • IOReg file
  • Thunderbolt SSDT
Send it as it is now? (I’m running the old AML file for connectivity as it works) or use the files I generated from this thread?

Send it as it is now? (I’m running the old AML file for connectivity as it works) or use the files I generated from this thread?
Please post both SSDTs and the IOReg. But the preference is for IOReg with the “correct” SSDT (PC00) loaded at boot time.

Please post both SSDTs and the IOReg. But the preference is for IOReg with the “correct” SSDT (PC00) loaded at boot time.
Here's the AML I'm currently using that's loading correctly and the current IOReg.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    8 KB · Views: 44
  • IOReg.ioreg
    23.2 MB · Views: 40
Here's the AML I'm currently using that's loading correctly and the current IOReg.
Some immediate observations:
  • DSB0.NHI0._DSM() method:
    • Has no ThunderboltDROM
    • Has no LinkDetails (hence link rate is not 40 Gbps)
  • DSB3 should not exist
  • IOReg also confirms that:
    • DROM is missing
    • ThunderboltPort@7 is empty
The two missing pieces therefore are:
  • ThunderboltDROM
  • LinkDetails
Both of these are properties of DSB0.NHI0.

If you have Linux on this system, we can extract the Thunderbolt firmware active region. It will contain the DROM that we can modify and apply to the SSDT.

Last edited:
Please try the following:
  • Enable the checkbox for XhciPortLimit as shown:View attachment 486305
  • Then use the attached modified SSDT that enables:
    • HS08 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 1)
    • HS13 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 2)
    • HS14 (Intel Bluetooth)
By enabling "XhciPortLimit" we can exceed the 15 port limit, so the attached SSDT does not actually disable any ports. It just adds 3 more ports.

But please test this first.

Because the name of the SSDT is different, uncheck the existing one (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml) and then add the new one to the OC/ACPI folder and also to OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI.
Hi @CaseySJ. I hope you are good. I changed my pc case. For the new configuration would you be so kind to add HS01 for front panel type C port usb 2.0 connectivity and could you disable hs08 and hs13 to get no usb 2.0 connectivity on thunderbolt 3 ports, on this SSDT that you previously provided. I just need these changes. The rest works good.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-TB3-INTEL-BT.aml
    963 bytes · Views: 41
Some immediate observations:
  • DSB0.NHI0._DSM() method:
    • Has no ThunderboltDROM
    • Has no LinkDetails (hence link rate is not 40 Gbps)
  • DSB3 should not exist
  • IOReg also confirms that:
    • DROM is missing
    • ThunderboltPort@7 is empty
The two missing pieces therefore are:
  • ThunderboltDROM
  • LinkDetails
Both of these are properties of DSB0.NHI0.

If you have Linux on this system, we can extract the Thunderbolt firmware active region. It will contain the DROM that we can modify and apply to the SSDT.
I don't have Linux on this machine, but I did follow your steps and I extracted the old firmware 3x and verified them before I flashed the new firmware lol. Don't know if this helps at all.

Hi @CaseySJ. I hope you are good. I changed my pc case. For the new configuration would you be so kind to add HS01 for front panel type C port usb 2.0 connectivity and could you disable hs08 and hs13 to get no usb 2.0 connectivity on thunderbolt 3 ports, on this SSDT that you previously provided. I just need these changes. The rest works good.

Thanks in advance.
No problem. Please see attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-INTEL-BT.aml
    924 bytes · Views: 54
I don't have Linux on this machine, but I did follow your steps and I extracted the old firmware 3x and verified them before I flashed the new firmware lol. Don't know if this helps at all.

If you can point me to the modified firmware file (link to post) I can extract the DROM from there.

If you can point me to the modified firmware file (link to post) I can extract the DROM from there.
Repository Link I Got The Firmware From

The file I grabbed was: GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin (I still have the file locally on my end if you need it to confirm, but that was the one I downloaded for my card).

As per the comment on that thread, my card was purchased in November of last year, so obviously "PCIe card V1.0 (before Jul 2020)" is the file I flashed.

Back