Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Can you get HEVC acceleration with update 9? for me it ended with update9
Same issue here with latest Big Sur public beta:
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 6.12.02 AM.png

I'm using iMac19,1... and just before switching to OpenCore, I removed all the Hackintosh kexts from /L/E. I've been running that way since OC 0.5.9 and my system has been solid.

I tried that, but ran into the same result. No keyboard, mouse, bluetooth, etc.

Since I'm using iMac19,1 it sounds like it shouldn't be an issue using the older USBInjectAll.

OH, and I should note that the newer USBInjectAll works perfectly when I boot into Catalina. Although I don't use Catalina much, it's handy to test scenarios like this. I expect there will be more incompatibilities/oddities/headaches as Mojave gets older and older. (At some point all my apps will be 64bit and this madness can end!)
USBInjectAll newer than 0.73 have issues with Mojave because this:

"The issue is that the kext built by @Sniki has been built with a newer SDK and thus won't load on older macOS versions due to incompatible binaries ...."
The OpenCore 0.6.2 mini-guide has been updated with a new V2 zip that automatically selects USBInjectAll 0.7.1 for Mojave and 0.7.6 for Catalina and Big Sur.
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 6.35.04 AM.png

The OpenCore 0.6.2 mini-guide has been updated with a new V2 zip that automatically selects USBInjectAll 0.7.1 for Mojave and 0.7.6 for Catalina and Big Sur.
View attachment 490991
Thanks! Are the other Mojave USB tweaks noted in your 0.6.1 OC guide still applicable?

Thanks! Are the other Mojave USB tweaks noted in your 0.6.1 OC guide still applicable?
Yes, we still need to disable:
  • USBWakeFixup.kext
  • SSDT-USBW.aml
However, I should make USBWakeFixup conditional as well. Will make that change shortly.

AMD Big Navi (RX 6000) sneak peak from today's AMD event:
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.55.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Yes, we still need to disable:
  • USBWakeFixup.kext
  • SSDT-USBW.aml
However, I should make USBWakeFixup conditional as well. Will make that change shortly.
Update: The change has been made and OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.zip has been re-uploaded. The change is only applicable to Mojave users.

@CaseySJ Did you try to do an upgrade to Big Sur or a just clean install?
I performed a clean install on my Hackintosh systems and an upgrade on my 2020 13" MacBook Pro. On the MacBook Pro (with only iGPU, no AMD GPU) VideoProc shows both H.264 and HEVC as online.

I'm curious if this group has connected the PEG to power or not? The manual says it's only necessary for dual graphics cards, so I've never given it much thought until now. I'm planning to upgrade my PSU to the Corsair RM1000x.
2018102210501751_src.png

I'm curious if this group has connected the PEG to power or not? The manual says it's only necessary for dual graphics cards, so I've never given it much thought until now. I'm planning to upgrade my PSU to the Corsair RM1000x.
View attachment 491052
This mean more electrical power on PCIe x16 for stability. I'm always connect cable from PSU here, even with only one graphic card. I've seen a little bit more performance on all platforms I've been build on dual(Z390-Z490) or quad channels(X299).

Back