Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

Sorry to derail the flow of the current discussion, but I just wanted to confirm that the Sonnet Twin10G works on both flashed and non-flashed TB3 controllers. It's amazing to see your hard work allow for an ever-growing list of device compatibility! Thank you so much.

Sounds like signal interference. If there are metal objects in the line of sight between the WiFi/BT antennas and Apple Mouse, those objects can interfere. Some interference is also possible from 2.4GHz WiFi networks.
I don't think anything changed lately in my desk and surrounding. I thought it could be my system because after I updated to 10.15.7 I can't have Netflix and Amazon Prime videos working.

Hi @CaseySJ

Sorry to derail the flow of the current discussion, but I just wanted to confirm that the Sonnet Twin10G works on both flashed and non-flashed TB3 controllers. It's amazing to see your hard work allow for an ever-growing list of device compatibility! Thank you so much.
Thanks! Added to Thunderbolt 3 Experiences in Post 1.

*** Carbon Copy Cloner Mini-Guides for Mojave and Catalina Have Been Updated ***

Thanks to @byteminer and @EliM, a serious problem in EFIClone script has been found and fixed. All users are encouraged to updated to EFIClone-v4 that is provided in the two mini-guides below.

Procedure:
  • Download EFIClone-v4.sh.zip from one of the mini-guides linked below, or from the bottom of this post.
  • Note that this script has TEST_SWITCH set to Y, which means no files will actually be copied. Please read the paragraph at the top of the Mojave or Catalina mini-guide (links below) for further instructions.
  • Run Carbon Copy Cloner and select Utilities --> Reveal CCC's Scripts folder.
  • Drag and drop EFIClone-v4.sh into that folder and authenticate when requested by entering your macOS password.
  • From Carbon Copy Cloner, select Utilities --> Secure CCC's Scripts folder.
  • At the bottom of the Carbon Copy Cloner main window you will see a section called AFTER COPYING FILES. It will be in the ADVANCED SETTINGS section.
  • Here you will see Run a Shell Script: EFIClone-v3.sh
  • Click the X next to it to delete EFIClone-v3.sh.
  • A file icon will appear in place of the X. Select the file icon.
  • Choose EFIClone-v4.sh
View attachment 445217
Links to Mini-Guides:

Seems that all versions of EFIClone I found are afflicted with this problem for the detection of APFS disk numbers when there are more than 10 disks in the system. Actually it is very easy to get 10 disks because Apple creates many virtual disks, and I ended up with 11 disks when I added one more external USB drive and created an APFS system. I actually only have one NVME and a pair of hard drives in my system ...

Take a look at getAPFSPhysicalDiskNumber() function:

echo "$( diskutil apfs list | grep -A 9 "Container $1" | grep "APFS Physical Store" | rev | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | cut -d 's' -f 2 | cut -d 'k' -f 1 )"

Notice there is a rev that flips the whole text ... doesn't matter when you have only a single digit .... but when you have more than one, it matters .... The second problem is the grep for the Container ... If $1 above is disk1 it can match disk1, disk10, disk12 whatever so we need to get only the first match. Notice that $1 is disk13 there will be only one match to the grep unless you have 100s of disks but that is not reasonable on a Mac system. The simple fix is:

echo "$( diskutil apfs list | grep -A 9 "Container $1" | head -10 | grep "APFS Physical Store" | rev | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | cut -d 's' -f 2 | cut -d 'k' -f 1 | rev )"

I attached a new version with this message ...

Attachments

• EFIClone-v4.sh.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 101
The following are good choices:
  1. Sapphire Pulse RX 580 (not Nitro)
  2. MSI Armor RX 580
  3. PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580
  4. MSI Gaming X RX 580
I am personally using items 2, 3, 4. But Apple recommends Sapphire Pulse.

Will be Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 PULSE OC Lite [11265-67-20G] appropriate for hackintosh installation?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am lately having issues with apple mouse. It moves horizontally ok, but sometimes gets stuck or very slow in vertical directions. Does anyone know if there is a way to find whether it is my mouse problem or my setup?
That most certainly is the mouse. Take the ball out and clean it. If it were the setup, it wouldn't work at all...

** OpenCore 0.6.2 EFI for Designare Z390 **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.15.1.0 or Newer

NOTE: There is a bug in 2.15.0.0 that adds DummyPowerManagement into Kernel Quirks. Please use 2.15.1.0 or newer.​

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.2 has arrived, along with an update of nearly all other Acidanthera kexts. This guide includes the latest boot loader and kexts.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.2
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.7
  • Lilu 1.4.8
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.3
  • AppleALC 1.5.3
  • NVMeFix 1.0.4
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.6 (supports iMac20,1 and iMac20,2)
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> True
Other Changes:
  • All SSDTs are now injected conditionally for macOS by using:
Code:
If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
    // do Mac stuff
}
  • This allows OpenCore to boot both macOS and Windows without crashing Windows.

How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP (OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.ZIP) into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder are two standard config files:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist (choose this if using an AMD GPU)
    • config-Intel-iGPU.plist (choose this only if no AMD GPU is present)
  6. Pick one of the files above, rename it to config.plist, and open this config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.15.1.0 or later.
  7. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.2 Release Version as shown:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.53.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.54.03 PM.png
  8. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
    • Use Hackintool to copy existing values:
      Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 2.33.52 PM.png
    • And paste them here one by one:
      Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.45.09 PM.png
  9. Save the file.
  10. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  11. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  12. At the OpenCore 0.6.2 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  13. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.

Updates:
  • 08 Oct 2020: Uploaded a revised OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.zip. USBInjectAll 0.7.6 is not compatible with Mojave, so the OpenCore configuration has been changed to accommodate both Mojave and Catalina. USBInjectAll 0.7.1 will be used in Mojave and 0.7.6 will be used in Catalina and newer versions (including Big Sur). If you're running Mojave with OpenCore, please use the new V2. Catalina and Big Sur users may use either of the two zip files.
  • 08 Oct 2020: 12:15pm PDT: The file OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.zip has been re-uploaded with conditional injection of NVMeFix.kext. This kext will not be injected in Mojave, but will be injected in Catalina and Big Sur. This change enhances compatibility across Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur without having to make any OS-specific changes.
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 6.35.04 AM.png

Attachments

• OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 314
  • OC-062-DESIGNARE-Z390-V2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Back