Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

1 other small issue since changing to Dual Boot. My BIOS Clock appears to reset on every reboot or power off of the computer. I even replaced the CMOS battery and cleared my CMOS then reset all my BIOS settings for MacOS and still the same issue. The BIOS clock is also affecting the time in Windows10. I chose the option to automatically synchronise the clock in Windows and it seems to still not work.

Most operating systems nowadays use UTC time. However Windows still uses Local time by default, which can/will cause issues if you dual boot.

In Windows change the time service to use UTC. Just search google and there are plenty of instructions on how to do that.

@CaseySJ

Hi Casey,

I think I have identified an issue that might be the cause of my LogIn screen resolution and possibly a few other little bugs. When I shut down my computer from either MacOS or Windows10, more times than not, it seems to store something in memory / or not clear memory / (Or something similar). What I have noticed is:

Some shutdowns will keep some of the MB Led's illuminated. If I boot the computer back up and into MacOS, the login screen resolution will be wrong.

If I shutdown / power off the computer and all MB LED's are off then most of the time it will boot back up and into MacOS with the correct resolution.

shutdown / power off the computer and MB LED's are still illumined / holding power, If I switch power off to the power supply for 10 seconds or so then power back on. The computer will boot perfect and with the correct login screen resolution.

The above scenarios also correct / affect my VERY SLOW Bios Boot Screen issues. Sometimes my BIOS boot screen will sit idle for up to a minute before going to the OC Picker Menu. This is fixed if I switch power off then back on to my power supply.

This is what makes me think its something that is being stored or not cleared from memory. The slow boot screen issue has only started since making my system Dual Boot with MacOS + Windows10 and changing from Clover to OC.

1 other small issue since changing to Dual Boot. My BIOS Clock appears to reset on every reboot or power off of the computer. I even replaced the CMOS battery and cleared my CMOS then reset all my BIOS settings for MacOS and still the same issue. The BIOS clock is also affecting the time in Windows10. I chose the option to automatically synchronise the clock in Windows and it seems to still not work.

Any ideas on what this could be as these issues all appear to be related to either the BIOS / CMOS or something with Memory / NVRAM?
If you’re using Clover, please uncheck “Fix Shutdown” in the ACPI page of Clover Configurator.

What's the most powerful processor folks have used with the Designare Z390? Just speculating if there is any reason for me to consider upgrading the i9 9900ks in my build?

Apologies if this has been covered already.

Most operating systems nowadays use UTC time. However Windows still uses Local time by default, which can/will cause issues if you dual boot.

In Windows change the time service to use UTC. Just search google and there are plenty of instructions on how to do that.
The continued insanity of Windows. We have to edit the gosh forsaken Windows registry (or use the one-click registry hack in the link).

What's the most powerful processor folks have used with the Designare Z390? Just speculating if there is any reason for me to consider upgrading the i9 9900ks in my build?

Apologies if this has been covered already.
The most powerful processor for the Z390 chipset is still i9-9900KS (factory overclocked to 5 GHz).

The most powerful processor for the Z390 chipset is still i9-9900KS (factory overclocked to 5 GHz).

Any chance you can help me with my build?

I keep breaking it trying to get Graphics and the other devices working.

Any chance you can help me with my build?

I keep breaking it trying to get Graphics and the other devices working.
We should not rely on the iGPU to drive the monitor. Instead, any AMD GPU is strongly recommended, even a low cost RX 480 or RX 580. These GPUs are very Mac-compatible.

Hi so I got a very noob-like question here. I must apologise for that in advance.

I was checking out the SOIC-8 clip, and read up the Raspberry Pi guide for flashing the Winbond.

I was wondering, how do you know which side is which? I mean, which side is top.
408043-c8f931dd619d58c11122e88147be7b9a.jpg.png

Picture source:Mini-Guide for Flashing SPI ROM Chips using Raspberry Pi 3B or 4 by CaseySJ

The 'dot' with 1 near it is the pin 1, then you can easily follow CaseySJ's guide

Hi so I got a very noob-like question here. I must apologise for that in advance.

I was checking out the SOIC-8 clip, and read up the Raspberry Pi guide for flashing the Winbond.

I was wondering, how do you know which side is which? I mean, which side is top. View attachment 489642

Picture source:Mini-Guide for Flashing SPI ROM Chips using Raspberry Pi 3B or 4 by CaseySJ

Hi @CaseySJ @NorthAmTransAm

I have a Asus ThunderboltEX 3, and according to #16393, there are version B and C, how do i identify the version?
Is this one version B since it says 'CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 42
Back