Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello, everyone. Please tell me if it is possible to install Bootcamp on a hackintosh, I want to use Windows sometimes, but at the same time always stay in macOS, the Parallel desktop allows, but Bootcamp is needed.
Thanks.

Assembly:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
i5-9600K
RX 580 8GB Nitro +
NVMe 970 EVO Plus X2

I tried to install, after an overload, the system no longer boots, apparently the bootloader was killed.

Some questions:
  • Did you use Migration Assistant to migrate files and applications from a previous Mac or Hack?
  • If the Photos library is new, it should be a very small file. If the library is large, it indicates a previous Photos library was copied. So it may be necessary to rebuild the Photos library. Try this:

• Are you using a Fenvi WiFi/BT card or a USB Bluetooth dongle?
  • Something else to try: In BIOS Setup, disable XMP Memory Profile 1 and set Memory Multiplier manually to 29.33. This will set memory clocks to 2933MHz and should reconnect USB devices on wake from sleep.

Thanks for replying, I did not use Migration Assistant, I had a macbook pro and used the hdd as external storage so I put there my photo library. I also have some movies in other directory to use with Plex and when Plex starts scanning the drive it also reboots so I guess it is not a Photo library issue.

I am using a Fenvi for wifi, had to unplug the bt because it was so slow so I got a usb dongle. I will try to change Memory Muultiplier!!
Thanks

Thanks for replying, I did not use Migration Assistant, I had a macbook pro and used the hdd as external storage so I put there my photo library. I also have some movies in other directory to use with Plex and when Plex starts scanning the drive it also reboots so I guess it is not a Photo library issue.

I am using a Fenvi for wifi, had to unplug the bt because it was so slow so I got a usb dongle. I will try to change Memory Muultiplier!!
Thanks
Can you please clarify:
  • Is the HDD connected to an internal SATA port on the Hackintosh?
  • If it was connected previously to MacBook Pro, it means HDD was in an external enclosure. Is it formatted as either HFS+ or APFS?
  • Have you tried connecting the same external enclosure to the Hackintosh?

Hello, everyone. Please tell me if it is possible to install Bootcamp on a hackintosh, I want to use Windows sometimes, but at the same time always stay in macOS, the Parallel desktop allows, but Bootcamp is needed.
Thanks.

Assembly:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
i5-9600K
RX 580 8GB Nitro +
NVMe 970 EVO Plus X2

I tried to install, after an overload, the system no longer boots, apparently the bootloader was killed.

No bootcamp it's not need it, Parallels let's you install a VM with Windows 10

Can you please clarify:
  • Is the HDD connected to an internal SATA port on the Hackintosh?
    Yes it is connected to an internal SATA
  • If it was connected previously to MacBook Pro, it means HDD was in an external enclosure. Is it formatted as either HFS+ or APFS?
    Yes it was used as external on an enclosure, I don't know the format, I attach screenshot
  • Have you tried connecting the same external enclosure to the Hackintosh?
    Yes and I got exactly the same reboot issue on opening large files

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.49.11.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.49.11.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.50.40.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.50.40.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 50
Screenshots
  • What is the size of your power supply? 650W or larger?
  • Are you able to copy the large file to another disk and open from there?

No bootcamp it's not need it, Parallels let's you install a VM with Windows 10
Thanks.

Assembly:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
i5-9600K
RX 580 8GB Nitro +
NVMe 970 EVO Plus X2

Instead of using Bootcamp, you should probably just install a different drive and install Windows 10 on it like a normal PC. I agree, sometimes Windows actually is needed to do certain things that won't work on the macOS or in a Parallels VM (I have that installed, too) like update certain firmwares on certain devices. It's about the only reason I have Windows installed at all except for making bootable Windows disks, which can be done in Parallels easily.

Greetings, oh mighty & great thread of hackintosh fantasticfullness. It’s been a while.

I'm wondering a couple of things as I comb through the posts. These may be silly questions, but I thought I would ask.

(I’m running Mojave with 2x RX 580 cards and a flashed onboard Thunderbolt. My only issue seems to the very odd time where all my USB stops working for no apparent reason, and I’m unable to use the latest USBInjectAll as it seems to disable all of the USB 2.0 ports on the mobo which stops my BT card from working. Even if I unplug everything USB, aside from KB & mouse, it still happens. Not a huge deal for me.)

If anyone here is using their machine for audio/video apps:

Does using bios F9g offer any noticeable performance or stability improvements?

If you’ve moved to OpenCore, (which seems more ready now?) have you noticed any performance or stability improvements?

Back