Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

About the sleep problem
Energy Saver missing some options is it normal?
iMacPro1,1
Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 15.18.29.png

EDIT:
I think I found the issue
Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 15.23.02.png

Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 15.21.55.png

Last edited:
Howdy guys!

I'm trying to launch my Windows SSD as a VM using VMWare's "Install from Boot Camp" function. The problem is when I click it I get the error "No Boot Camp Volumes Found". I did a search for this error and the solution was to add an empty boot.ini file to the C: drive in windows. I tried that but had no success.

It's surprising to me that OSX sees Windows 10 in the Startup Disk system pref, but not VM Ware.
As a related question, does anyone know if there's a way to boot into OS X from Windows?

Running OpenCore 0.6.1 with @CaseySJ config file.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.37.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.37.51 AM.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.38.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.38.08 AM.png
    122 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.41.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.41.01 AM.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 53
Hey @CaseySJ

How are you doing today? I just recently got a WD Easy Storage 12TB 7200RPM Sata Drive shucked out to put into my hackintosh.

I currently have three drives, one Samsung 970 Plus 1TB NVME through NVME upper slot, one Sabrent 1TB for Windows through NVME lower slot, one WD 500GB NVME using PCIE adapter. All are running fine.

After using Sata 2/3 connector in the motherboard as the guy suggested, I got the 12TB drive to display once or twice and then it disappeared after a restart, even looking at disk utility does not show the drive. The drive has been formatted as exfat and I'm using OC 0.6.1 with your EFI folder, 1,1 iMacPro SMBIOS. The one or two time that the drive did appear, it worked perfectly. I even ran a blackmagic disk speed test with no problem. Now it just does not show up on mac anymore

When I boot to windows, the drive appears all the time and run with no problem. So I think hardware is not the issue here. Also Mac did recognized it once or twice so it obviously worked. Anything that you would advice me to try?

Hey @CaseySJ

When I boot to windows, the drive appears all the time and run with no problem. So I think hardware is not the issue here. Also Mac did recognized it once or twice so it obviously worked. Anything that you would advice me to try?

How long have you left it to see if it appears?

Large drives like this can take a few minutes (I've seen up to 5 in some cases) before macOS recognises them and they appear.

How long have you left it to see if it appears?

Large drives like this can take a few minutes (I've seen up to 5 in some cases) before macOS recognises them and they appear.

When I first install the drive, it booted up fine with no problem right away. Used it for a day before I had to boot into windows for some work. It was working fine there. I booted back into MacOS and it does not show up anymore. I booted into my backup MacOS drive, it recognized the drive for an instant in disk utility, and then it disappeared.

This is such a strange error. Now after at least a dozen reboot, I just don't see the drive again in MacOS no matter how long I waited. Windows still shows and run the drive no problem.

Separate drive enclosures are plentiful and very inexpensive. They will not suffer from this problem.

On one system I'm using a pair of Mediasonic ProBox HF-2 4-Bay drive arrays connected via USB 3.0.
However, this array is meant for permanent or semi-permanent disk installation rather than frequent hot-swap. For frequent hot-swap it may be best to use single-bay devices.

OK, thanks. I'll just sell this then and get a couple of enclosures. I'm getting a NAS in the near future but just can't afford it right now. Is there anything to watch out for in terms of compatibility of NAS devices with Hacks? I have looked into a compatible 10GbE card, the Asus XG-C100C. However, I cannot find any advice on Tonymac about actual NAS enclosures. I am looking at the QNAP TS-653D 6 Bay.

Just for info I installed a designare 9900k with opencore 0.6.0 with all pci slots working with a Rx580 an avid HD Native , a RME AIO and a PCI Uad Octo card. On the thunderbolt I have a OWC 10Gbe Ethernet and a Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD mini. I used both local Ethernet ports for a Dante network and a Eucon avid connection. I installed Mojave and everything works flawlessly.

OK, thanks. I'll just sell this then and get a couple of enclosures. I'm getting a NAS in the near future but just can't afford it right now. Is there anything to watch out for in terms of compatibility of NAS devices with Hacks? I have looked into a compatible 10GbE card, the Asus XG-C100C. However, I cannot find any advice on Tonymac about actual NAS enclosures. I am looking at the QNAP TS-653D 6 Bay.
My OWC Thunderbolt 10Gbe works extremely well with my Supermicro FreeNAS NAS. These can be found for around 800 euros second hand without the drives. This includes 160MB of RAM cache that makes your machine even faster once it has read a file. Best investment I ever made. I actually bought two that replicate all data every hour. For pro work I would avoid the Qnap. The ZFS data with dual power supply of the Supermicro make it extremely reliable.

I updated to 15.6 just fine! But, im having some trouble cloning my USBs EFI to my SSDs EFI. When I try to use my USB EFI as a source I get this error message from CCC:

"CCC has detected that there is another volume with the same unique identifier as the volume you selected. "

When I google this message I can't seem to find much about it for Hackintosh EFI cloning... has anyone here experienced this and have a solution?
Similar but I guess it should work to reset UUID: https://bombich.com/kb/ccc4/ccc-found-multiple-volumes-same-universally-unique-identifier

**Should had read carefully, again... Disregard!

Back