Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Good to know!

To silence those memory module warnings, we need to add the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler kext in this post:
Thanks for sharing! I have the Kext in Clover>Kexts>other but im still getting the message on boot. Is there something I need to do to the config.plist? I can't imagine its because im using the AORUS Xtreme instead of the Designare?

Separate drive enclosures are plentiful and very inexpensive. They will not suffer from this problem.

On one system I'm using a pair of Mediasonic ProBox HF-2 4-Bay drive arrays connected via USB 3.0.
However, this array is meant for permanent or semi-permanent disk installation rather than frequent hot-swap. For frequent hot-swap it may be best to use single-bay devices.

Hold my beer...

Yes that's correct:
  • We're enabling native NVRAM
  • We're updating OpenCore
  • We're updating kexts and drivers
  • Then we boot from the new EFI
  • And we start the existing Catalina version
  • Then we begin an upgrade through System Preferences --> Software Update
I updated to 15.6 just fine! But, im having some trouble cloning my USBs EFI to my SSDs EFI. When I try to use my USB EFI as a source I get this error message from CCC:

"CCC has detected that there is another volume with the same unique identifier as the volume you selected. "

When I google this message I can't seem to find much about it for Hackintosh EFI cloning... has anyone here experienced this and have a solution?

Hello Sir @CaseySJ
Since a week every time I boot the PC Thunderbolt hardware is not detected in System Report -> Thunderbolt section. I have to Reset NVRAM to make it available.
a week ago I switched to OC 0.6.1. But when I go back to OC 0.6.0 the issues is still there. (Same with OC 0.6.2 beta)
Also macOS can't sleep. The display turn off but not the PC.
Have the Hackintosh since may 2020 and theses issues are all new for me.

Also I installed Windows on a separate drive, Can Windows automatically update custom flashed Thunderbolt Controller ?

How can I check if I still have Elias's firmware on it or not?
the Hackintosh turns on 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Also I tried to boot with and without Thunderbolt device ON, with or without Windows drive, and same issue.
And finally when the Hacki sleeps for long time I need to restart and Reset NVRAM again to get TB Controller working.
Wake for network access is unchecked.

Thank you

Last edited:
Attached is the original SidecarCore from 19G2021. Let's hope it gets you back to a good working state. To switch to iMac19,1 we can just change the SMBIOS name without changing serial numbers. But some apps might require re-licensing. When I tried this a little while ago, the switch was surprisingly painless (but not completely pain free).
every time before switching SMBIOS for testing, I log out iCloud, delete the Hackintosh machine from iCloud. I dont know if its necessary.

@CaseySJ
I've been having continuous issues with imessage after every OS update I get the "You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time" with a customer code.
I read a thread about MLB and ROM ID values could be changing causing this issue.
Is there a way to keep them from changing? So when I fix it with apple this time it stays working

Thanks for sharing! I have the Kext in Clover>Kexts>other but im still getting the message on boot. Is there something I need to do to the config.plist? I can't imagine its because im using the AORUS Xtreme instead of the Designare?
Question for anyone using MacPro 7,1:

Are you seeing a memory notification message? If so, were you able to disable it with MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext?

I updated to 15.6 just fine! But, im having some trouble cloning my USBs EFI to my SSDs EFI. When I try to use my USB EFI as a source I get this error message from CCC:

"CCC has detected that there is another volume with the same unique identifier as the volume you selected. "

When I google this message I can't seem to find much about it for Hackintosh EFI cloning... has anyone here experienced this and have a solution?
We don't use CCC to clone a USB flash disk.

We use CCC to clone a macOS SSD to another SSD. CCC won't clone the EFI partitions on the source and destination SSDs unless we use EFIClone.sh. Instructions are available here:
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.43.08 AM.png

Hello Sir @CaseySJ
Since a week every time I boot the PC Thunderbolt hardware is not detected in System Report -> Thunderbolt section. I have to Reset NVRAM to make it available.
a week ago I switched to OC 0.6.1. But when I go back to OC 0.6.0 the issues is still there. (Same with OC 0.6.2 beta)
Also macOS can't sleep. The display turn off but not the PC.
Have the Hackintosh since may 2020 and theses issues are all new for me.
Hello @Inqnuam,

Are Thunderbolt BIOS parameters set up correctly?
  • GPIO3 Force Pwr --> Enabled
  • Thunderbolt Security --> No Security
  • Also try Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Boot Once
If you go back and forth between macOS and Windows, it might be a good idea to perform a cold boot to fully reset the Thunderbolt controller.
Also I installed Windows on a separate drive, Can Windows automatically update custom flashed Thunderbolt Controller ?
I don't think it will update flashed firmware. Have you tried it?
How can I check if I still have Elias's firmware on it or not?
the Hackintosh turns on 10.15.6 (19G2021)
If Thunderbolt Bus appears in System Information --> Thunderbolt then you have the modified firmware. We can also use SPI Flash ROM reader to read the chip and compare with the file in Repository.

@CaseySJ
I've been having continuous issues with imessage after every OS update I get the "You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time" with a customer code.
I read a thread about MLB and ROM ID values could be changing causing this issue.
Is there a way to keep them from changing? So when I fix it with apple this time it stays working
MLB and ROM will not change automatically. Those are user inputs in both Clover and OpenCore so as long as you don't change them, they won't change. However, someone recently needed to call Apple with the customer code. Apple Tech Support was able to fix the problem.

Back