Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The methodology is kosher, but OpenCore expects “True” and “False” instead of “Yes” and “No”. Safest thing is to edit OpenCore files with OpenCore Configurator. But if PlistEditPro converts Yes/No into True/False then that’s okay.
Just tried PlistEditPro and indeed it converts Yes and No to True and False

Hello. I have a Question about the new Titan Ridge Revision 2.0 Card

If I want to use it only in Mac Pro 5,1 I have it to Flash with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin right?

And what if I want to use it on Windows and MacOS? On Old Titan Ridge we have to Flash Original NVM23 Firmware.

Can we Flash the BlueChip with NVM23 Original Firmware too to use it on Win and macOS?

Thank you so much Folks

Hi Casey,

All installed now. Just before I put my Mac drives back in and reboot. I noticed that my system cannot see and WiFi devices. (I removed the Broadcom card before installing windows) I cannot remember if I disabled the onboard wifi and Bluetooth for the Mac installation. If I did, am I able to enable them again for Windows and with them enabled will they affect my Mac installation?

EDIT: I enabled my wifi in the bios and now windows has Wifi and MacOS boots up perfect and uses the Broadcom Card :). I set my BIOS boot priority to #1 OpenCore #2Windows Drive #3 MacOS. I also changed the OS setting to Windows 8/10. Not sure where I read to do that so please let me know if this Is wrong.
The capture looks good. It shows that channel led8 is being used by Gigabyte RGB Fusion app. I though you already tried led8 to set edge lighting and it didn't work as expected. But the capture shows that only channel address 0x27 0x80 (or 'led8') is being used.

Hello. I have a Question about the new Titan Ridge Revision 2.0 Card

If I want to use it only in Mac Pro 5,1 I have it to Flash with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin right?

And what if I want to use it on Windows and MacOS? On Old Titan Ridge we have to Flash Original NVM23 Firmware.

Can we Flash the BlueChip with NVM23 Original Firmware too to use it on Win and macOS?

Thank you so much Folks
To answer your questions:
  • It's possible to flash either NVM23 from GC-TR v1 or NVM50 from GC-TR v2. It's also possible to flash the modified NVM33 from Designare Z390 to the GC-TR v1 or GC-TR v2.
  • Regarding Windows, please see these warnings at the top of the Thunderbolt Repository:
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 5.06.56 AM.png

Thank you! It works!

I might be wrong but I don’t think you need 2 TB SSDT files. If you have flashed with the custom firmware then you only need the file from HackinDROM.

Thank you! It works.

As said @c0c0p0ps you don't need SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-DESIGNARE-Z390.aml and SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml.
If your bootloader is Clover, just delete these 2 .aml files
If your using OpenCore, you have to delete them from config.plist
@makonats same for you.

The YOUBO has been getting rave reviews lately... Might be something to try especially if you're within your rights to return the OSXWIFI card.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I just decided to try the YOUBO card from Amazon and got it in last night. I noticed it came with a Fendi install disk which scared me a bit but I installed either way. The computer booted fine into Catalina, but Wifi is not working at all and bluetooth seems a bit quirky. Any thoughts on this or ideas? I am using Clover and if you need any screenshots from my EFI folder, please let me know. Thanks again for all your help.

I just decided to try the YOUBO card from Amazon and got it in last night. I noticed it came with a Fendi install disk which scared me a bit but I installed either way. The computer booted fine into Catalina, but Wifi is not working at all and bluetooth seems a bit quirky. Any thoughts on this or ideas? I am using Clover and if you need any screenshots from my EFI folder, please let me know. Thanks again for all your help.
The CD contains drivers for Windows. We usually avoid those drivers so Windows will not use the YOUBO and instead Windows will use the more advanced Intel CNVi WiFi/BT module that comes with the motherboard. But installing the Fenvi drivers in Windows will not affect macOS.

Some questions:
  • When you say WiFi is not working at all, what exactly does that mean?
    • WiFi is not available as an option in System Preferences --> Network?
    • WiFi works just fine, it scans and finds SSIDs, but cannot connect to any SSID?
    • WiFi does not find any SSIDs? Scan fails.
    • WiFi connects, but signal is too weak?
  • Which version of macOS are you using?
  • Have you performed a cold boot into macOS (i.e. power down and flip power switch on PSU to off for 10 seconds, then power up)?
  • Which slot is the YOUBO card in? Have you tried other slots?
  • Are all 4 external antennas connected?
  • Try temporarily turning OFF the 2.4 GHz SSID on your wireless router. We've seen some reports where Bluetooth (which also operates on 2.4 GHz) may interfere with the 2.4 GHz WiFi signal.

The CD contains drivers for Windows. We usually avoid those drivers so Windows will not use the YOUBO and instead Windows will use the more advanced Intel CNVi WiFi/BT module that comes with the motherboard. But installing the Fenvi drivers in Windows will not affect macOS.

Some questions:
  • When you say WiFi is not working at all, what exactly does that mean?
    • WiFi is not available as an option in System Preferences --> Network?
    • WiFi works just fine, it scans and finds SSIDs, but cannot connect to any SSID?
    • WiFi does not find any SSIDs? Scan fails.
    • WiFi connects, but signal is too weak?
  • Which version of macOS are you using?
  • Have you performed a cold boot into macOS (i.e. power down and flip power switch on PSU to off for 10 seconds, then power up)?
  • Which slot is the YOUBO card in? Have you tried other slots?
  • Are all 4 external antennas connected?
  • Try temporarily turning OFF the 2.4 GHz SSID on your wireless router. We've seen some reports where Bluetooth (which also operates on 2.4 GHz) may interfere with the 2.4 GHz WiFi signal.
Wow that was a fast reply! My apologies for not including more detail in my post. Here is more info for you:

- Wi-Fi shows in Network tab, but when you click "Turn Wi-Fi On" The Network Name selection lights up for a second then immediately goes grey again and the Status stays Off
- I am using the latest Catalina version 10.15.6
- My YOUBO card is in the very first PCI slot where the OSXWiFi card was. I haven't tried any other slots.
- I have two of the included antennas on the outer most mounts and a large external I had run for the OSXWiFi card on the center two mounts

Wow that was a fast reply! My apologies for not including more detail in my post. Here is more info for you:

- Wi-Fi shows in Network tab, but when you click "Turn Wi-Fi On" The Network Name selection lights up for a second then immediately goes grey again and the Status stays Off
- I am using the latest Catalina version 10.15.6
- My YOUBO card is in the very first PCI slot where the OSXWiFi card was. I haven't tried any other slots.
- I have two of the included antennas on the outer most mounts and a large external I had run for the OSXWiFi card on the center two mounts
Please try moving the YOUBO to the bottom short slot. As always, we need to power down and flip PSU to off whenever removing or inserting components to the motherboard. This forces the firmware (BIOS) to rescan the entire system for changes.

Also, what are the makes/model of all NVMe SSDs in the system?

And, of course, what cards are installed in the other PCIe slots?

Back