Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi, I am running Opencore 0.6.0 on Mojave 10.14.6 on Z390 Designare and my second ethernet port i219 is not working. I read the post 24235 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2159065 but I was unable to get it to work. Can someone explain how to enable Mausi 1.02 to work on Opencore to get my Intel I219 to work? Thanks

@mysticmerlin
Your post prompted me to look at the ethernet ports on my Z390 Designare. I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 and OpenCore 0.6.0. The lower port (or right-most when looking at the card horizontally) is working. It's reported as Intel I219. It uses the IntelMausi.kext.

The upper port (or left-most when looking at the card horizontally) used to work under Clover using the SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext that @CaseySJ had posted in this forum. This port is no longer working for me with this kext under OpenCore 0.6.0. System preferences reports the cable isn't connected. Switching cables with know good cables didn't help.

I never use that port so it's no real problem.

@mysticmerlin
Your post prompted me to look at the ethernet ports on my Z390 Designare. I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 and OpenCore 0.6.0. The lower port (or right-most when looking at the card horizontally) is working. It's reported as Intel I219. It uses the IntelMausi.kext.

The upper port (or left-most when looking at the card horizontally) used to work under Clover using the SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext that @CaseySJ had posted in this forum. This port is no longer working for me with this kext under OpenCore 0.6.0. System preferences reports the cable isn't connected. Switching cables with know good cables didn't help.

I never use that port so it's no real problem.
@NCMacGuy

There are two different versions of the SmallTreeIntel kext:
  • In Clover (using the original build guide) we needed to use FakePCIID along with an older version of the SmallTreeIntel driver.
  • In OpenCore we switched to a different SmallTreeIntel driver that was patched to support the sub-vendor ID of the i211 Ethernet port. So FakePCIID is not necessary. This version of the driver is attached.

Attachments

• SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 57
@NCMacGuy

• In Clover (using the original build guide) we needed to use FakePCIID along with an older version of the SmallTreeIntel driver.
  • In OpenCore we switched to a different SmallTreeIntel driver that was patched to support the sub-vendor ID of the i211 Ethernet port. So FakePCIID is not necessary. This version of the driver is attached.

Thanks. That worked instantly. A lifesaver for my work

Thanks for the reminder posts -- once again this is a model for how problems and follow-ups should be reported!

Because the monitors remain dark even in Windows after wake-from-sleep, I would suggest focusing on Windows first. Some suggestions:
  • If there's a "Reset" or "Factory Reset" function on the monitor (using the menu built into the monitor), then reset both monitors.
  • Now try sleep and wake with Windows.
  • If the problem persists, you are within your rights to report this to Philips because the problem is occurring on a supported platform.
The thing is the old monitor (with DVI connectivity) is Dell. And I have the same exact problem when using it (the screen remains dark after wake). So I don't think the issue is monitor related.

The thing is the old monitor (with DVI connectivity) is Dell. And I have the same exact problem when using it (the screen remains dark after wake). So I don't think the issue is monitor related.
Because this is happening in both macOS and Windows, and it seems unrelated to the monitor, then the short list of suspects would be:
  • BIOS settings on motherboard (we should start with F7 or Load Optimized Defaults)
  • Some problem with RX 580
What is the make/model of the RX 580?
Does it have a switch to toggle between OC (overclock) and Silent modes?

@NCMacGuy

@CaseySJ

I copied the SmallTreeIntel and IntelMausi kexts from your Guide's O.C. 0.6.0 EFI file to be sure I was using the correct kexts, and made the appropriate changes in my OC config.plist file. When I restarted the upper Ethernet port was still not active. System Preferences still showed the cable unplugged message. System Information -> Hardware -> Ethernet Cards still showed only one controller.

So I checked my BIOS settings and I had the On Board LAN set to Disabled. (With it Disabled I still had Ethernet in the lower port.)

So I set On Board LAN to Enabled and now BOTH Ethernet ports are active, and System information -> Hardware -> Ethernet Cards now shows both controllers.

Thanks so much for your super help!

Edit: I recently updated the BIOS to F9g and in resetting values I may have missed or messed with the On Board LAN Controller setting.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying as always. I tried resetting the bluetooth module but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Noticing even my Magic Mouse lags really badly when moving across the screen. Resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue but it returns after a few minutes.
Only thing that really worked for me and my magic mouse and keyboard was to move the Fenvi wireless card to a different PCI slot! Now they both work fine 99% of the time.

Hello,
Are you sure Fenvi is the source of your problem?
Have your tried to boot the PC without Fenvi?
What is your stockage drive? NVMe, SSD, Hard Drive?
Have you tried to boot macOS with another type of drive?
An internet search for "Fenvi T919 bluetooth lag" brought up a ****** post speculating it could be due to 2.4GHz wifi interfering with the Bluetooth signal, which would make sense given my internet speed issue that was occurring at the same time as the Bluetooth lag. I've switched my wifi network to 5GHz, and although I definitely need to test more, it seems it may have resolved the issue.

Back