Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you for the detailed map. Some questions/suggestions:
  • Are any motherboard LEDs not being addressed by one of the channels now? (It seems we got them all despite the issue with LED10.)
  • To troubleshoot LED10 it would be helpful to do the following in Windows:
    1. Run the Gigabyte RGB Fusion app but do not run WireShark.
    2. Turn off all lighting channels.
    3. Now run WireShark and begin capture.
    4. Turn on the motherboard edge lighting only -- simply set it to Static color (without using the sync channel)
    5. Then turn off the motherboard edge lighting.
    6. Then turn it on again (same static color).
    7. Stop WireShark capture and upload the capture file.

Hi Casey,

I believe all LED's have been addressed by all LED channels. I cannot see any that are not working.

As requested, I have attached the capture file for just the edge lighting alone. I also did a completely seperate capture of the IO panel lighting just incase there is some conflict with that. (Side note: am i supposed to witness any action or movement with wireshark when changing the lighting? it all seemed pretty static as if nothing was being logged / captured) I guess you'll let me know if the captures didnt work.

Hope this helps. I will leave my system set up as Windows for the next few hours just incase we need to do some more investigation.

Attachments

• Edge Lighting.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IO Panel.zip
    51 KB · Views: 68
Hi Casey,

I believe all LED's have been addressed by all LED channels. I cannot see any that are not working.

As requested, I have attached the capture file for just the edge lighting alone. I also did a completely seperate capture of the IO panel lighting just incase there is some conflict with that. (Side note: am i supposed to witness any action or movement with wireshark when changing the lighting? it all seemed pretty static as if nothing was being logged / captured) I guess you'll let me know if the captures didnt work.

Hope this helps. I will leave my system set up as Windows for the next few hours just incase we need to do some more investigation.
Thanks again! I’ll pick this up in the morning.

First thing to check is whether Wake for Network Access is unchecked in System Preferences --> Energy Saver. This can affect WiFi speed after a sleep/wake cycle. This shouldn't affect Bluetooth.

For Bluetooth, try Reset the Bluetooth Module by performing SHIFT-OPTION-Click on the Bluetooth icon on menu bar. You'll see a Debug menu option. Select that and choose Reset the Bluetooth module.
Thank you for replying as always. I tried resetting the bluetooth module but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Noticing even my Magic Mouse lags really badly when moving across the screen. Resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue but it returns after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying as always. I tried resetting the bluetooth module but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Noticing even my Magic Mouse lags really badly when moving across the screen. Resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue but it returns after a few minutes.
Please try this:
listen something with your AirPods Pro connected to your Hackintosh and put your hand on your hear. If you lost the sound but the AirPods Pro is still connected do nexts

1) In sound preferences change Input to something else than AirPods Pro.

View attachment 485971

2) Change Fenvi Slot

Thanks, will try a different slot tomorrow. Trying to make a bootable backup before I do.

Z390. No TB device, waiting for Quantum 2626 (already ordered) showing at Canadian supplier...

Edit: hardware profile modified, sorry!

On my unflashed system, Thunderbolt devices show up under System Report<Hardware<PCI This here.png
If you've added the newer Thunderbolt ACPI patches, be sure you "turn them on" in your config file, even if you're only trying the Thunderbolt patches out one at a time:

Attachments

• Toggling ACPI folder patches in OC config.png
    Toggling ACPI folder patches in OC config.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I had the prohibited sign(gray circle with diagonal line) on cold booting for 2 consecutive days(I turn my computer off overnight).
Easily fixed by reloading the optimised bios settings/rebooting/loading the actual BIOS settings for my system.
At some point, I saw there were no bootable devices listed in the BIOS.
What could be the cause of this? Never had booting problems before.
Backup battery close to empty?

Sorry to bother about the TB3 again… i have it working on macOS Catalina thanks to CaseySJ and all the others here that made this possible.
Next... is there also a way of getting it work also in Windows? After the flashed winbold chip it worked in macOS but not anmore in Windows, does anybody know which driver i have to use?

Hi Casey,

You're right -- no control messages were logged so we'll need to run WireShark again:
  • First run RGB Fusion app and turn off all LEDs
  • Then run WireShark and begin capturing traffic
  • Now select the edge LED channel in RGB Fusion and change the color mode to static.
  • Then change the color mode to pulse
  • Then change the color mode to flash
  • Stop the WireShark capture and upload the file

Back