Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Any good news about built in wifi? Really missing airdrop but I'd really like not having a pci card
Given the amount of interest and the current level of progress, I am hopeful that the AppleIntelWiFi project will (soon?) yield a truly viable driver. It's getting there...

Hello @Errabundo,
  • You can certainly clone the Crucial SATA SSD to the ADATA M.2 SSD.
  • The differences are only at the EFI folder level.
Thank you.
I'll study the OC system carefully as my M.2 ssd arrives!

@StefanAM Thanks for the suggestion. Have you seen this solve a similar problem before? I realized this happened after the latest Catalina update that hung on install, so I am rebuilding the machine to see if the problem is not with the boot loader (I have now observed it happening with both Clover and OC).
I had the same problems with zoom. Crash every time. I started to read OpenCore guide, make proper ssdts and the problems disappeared

running into an issue with the radeon (5700 slot1) acceleration. it worked ok on 10.15.3. once I updated it no longer works. I tried Casey's recommendation on the guid and removed the aml file and deleted whatever green from open core. but I still stall on reboot. apple scree and 3/4 progress bar, it just hangs. (using open core 6)

I had the same problems with zoom. Crash every time. I started to read OpenCore guide, make proper ssdts and the problems disappeared
Thats great to hear - thank you. I will try the same over the next week.

running into an issue with the radeon (5700 slot1) acceleration. it worked ok on 10.15.3. once I updated it no longer works. I tried Casey's recommendation on the guid and removed the aml file and deleted whatever green from open core. but I still stall on reboot. apple scree and 3/4 progress bar, it just hangs. (using open core 6)
To use a NAVI card such as Radeon RX 5700 we need agdpmod=pikera. We should also use WhateverGreen, but we should remove any RadeonBoost kext.

Big Sur Public Beta #2 Released Today:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.07.05 PM.png

Last edited:
To use a NAVI card such as Radeon RX 5700 we need agdpmod=pikera. We should also use WhateverGreen, but we should remove any RadeonBoost kext.

Is the mini guide no longer valid? I followed your note in the guide. So I shouldn't use the aml or boost kext at all???? In OpenCore, where do I add agdpmod=pikera?

Side note, I see you mentioned Public Beta 2 is out. Is it as easy as just letting the installer run to upgrade from Catalina?

Is the mini guide no longer valid? I followed your note in the guide. So I shouldn't use the aml or boost kext at all???? In OpenCore, where do I add agdpmod=pikera?
Which mini-guide are you referring to (simply post a URL link)? If you're referring to the Radeon Boost mini-guide, we should remove the boost kext or SSDT when installing a macOS update. We should also remove them when troubleshooting (i.e. process of elimination) to see if that makes any difference.

The boot argument agdpmod=pikera is already in the NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator. But it's good to check and make sure.
Side note, I see you mentioned Public Beta 2 is out. Is it as easy as just letting the installer run to upgrade from Catalina?
I would definitely not recommend installing Big Sur on top of Catalina. It's best to install it on a spare SSD. At this time I cannot provide any support for Big Sur, but you're welcome to experiment on your own. It is a refreshing experience.

Which mini-guide are you referring to (simply post a URL link)? If you're referring to the Radeon Boost mini-guide, we should remove the boost kext or SSDT when installing a macOS update. We should also remove them when troubleshooting (i.e. process of elimination) to see if that makes any difference.

The boot argument agdpmod=pikera is already in the NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator. But it's good to check and make sure.

I would definitely not recommend installing Big Sur on top of Catalina. It's best to install it on a spare SSD. At this time I cannot provide any support for Big Sur, but you're welcome to experiment on your own. It is a refreshing experience.

using this Guide
agdpmod was missing and I added it in. however it killed my two display port monitors. only my HDMI is working now
I kept out the the ssd aml as per your recommendations and just kept in the boost kext and the loader stops 3/4 of the way

Back