Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It's only when using Zoom that I've noticed it - other applications seem ok. Just tried OC with downgraded Lilu and WEG and had screen blanking. I am using Platform ID 0x3E980003.
Use SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml if you don't have.

Hi, my hack has been running great for a while now (currently OS 10.14.6 and Clover 5.13.0.1) Yesterday I finally tried swapping out OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi. It booted fine but I had the strangest issues. In Logic Pro 10.5.1 several plugins had display problems, missing knobs and controls, and the playhead bar disappeared from the arrange window. I switched back to OsxAptioFix and everything is working again.

I guess if it aint broke...
Which SMBIOS? No problems here with OcQuirks and iMacPro1,1 definition. Running Reaper, not Logic however...

RX560 here but you made me curious, I will check all my plugins. Did you cleared the NVRAM, which BIOS version (f9b, g or h or other)? WEG or no? FakeSMC or VirtualSMC? Myself, using latest AppleALC, VirtualSMC and Lilu since yesterday. No WEG, it crashes iTunes instantly.

Last edited:
First « irritating » bug: the USB-C connector on my Fractal Design R6 looks to be temperamental: Portable SSD Samsung T5 connects « physically » (powering) 4 times out of 5. Fortunately, once it’s working and as I won’t normally plug/unplug this device, it remains fine, even able to wiggle the cable, until I disconnect it physically again... Boot/reboot/sleep/shutting power completely, it remains ok once it has been powered... Strange!

The Thunderbolt ports and my old Orico PCIe have no trouble plugging/unplugging the T5. Duplicated in Windows and happens too in BIOS screen, so it is really hardware. Cleaning the port with iso alcohol didn’t helped nor a spare USB-C cable.

Created a ticket at Fractal Design hoping they ship me the audio/USB-C replacement module and cable...

@xtreem.p,

Looks like I gave you some bad information! Apologies...

When holding the card vertically with the gold pins pointed down, we need to jump the middle and bottom pins on the GC-Alpine Ridge.

Have you already tried that?

Hi, no worries... yes ive tried the combos 1,3 and 3,5

@CaseySJ - I am seeing both of the quick reference links from Titan Ridge DROM Micro-Guides (v1.0 and 2.0) link to post #16,237. Is there a Micro-Guide for the 2.0?

Thank you!

Hey Guys I'm having a weird behavior on my Hackintosh. My actual problem today I can't make my USBs work properly.
I don't have any USB 3.0 working as well. The same for USB 3.1.
I removed USBPorts.Kext and then I lost 2 (frontal) USB 2.0 and I was able to plug my WD BLACK 5TB, but the fenvi card for bluetooth doesn't work at all. If I put the USBPorts.kext back on /Kext/other, all the USBs work, but I can't use my external HD.
I have a spliter. I don't if I did something stupid.
I tried everything I found Including the instructions in the spoiler titled: If USB Ports Cannot Charge High Current Devices
I appreciate your help and kindness.
Fab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.46.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.46.47 AM.png
    958.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.47.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.47.35 AM.png
    999.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.51.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.51.10 AM.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.01.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.01.02 AM.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.03.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.03.17 AM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.09.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.09.35 AM.png
    758.1 KB · Views: 58
Hey Guys I'm having a weird behavior on my Hackintosh. My actual problem today I can't make my USBs work properly.
I don't have any USB 3.0 working as well. The same for USB 3.1.
I removed USBPorts.Kext and then I lost 2 (frontal) USB 2.0 and I was able to plug my WD BLACK 5TB, but the fenvi card for bluetooth doesn't work at all. If I put the USBPorts.kext back on /Kext/other, all the USBs work, but I can't use my external HD.
I have a spliter. I don't if I did something stupid.
I tried everything I found Including the instructions in the spoiler titled: If USB Ports Cannot Charge High Current Devices
I appreciate your help and kindness.
Fab

Hi there,

The Hackintool screengrab shows all ports and duplicated. The IORegistryExplorer screengrab shows just the unmodified first 15. Clearly these snapshots are from two different states of your system and problem.

If you are using the default files from this thread then you need to review what extra kexts you have added to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Library/Extensions. Something is causing this disparity.

The USBPorts kext is a pre-configured set-up created with Hackintool. When you remove it and reboot, you are left only with macOS's standard 15-ports. These start at HS01, run up to HS14 and then add either the first SS01 port or USR1. On a big motherboard like yours, this means a lot of ports become "invisible".

Hubs, such as the NZXT are not configurable, only the single port they connect to is, and that effects everything else attached to it.

:)

Hi @CaseySJ,

I have a question as I'm still on Mojave would the Gigabyte RX 5700 XT work on my system or not? If yes do I need to change framebuffer and parameters in clover?

I searched the entire thread for an update guide but I seem to be lost.

I was afraid of that! Gigabyte RGB Fusion addresses the SMBus in addition to USB bus, so it will probably not work through a VM. I will leave the next decision entirely up to you, namely:
  • If you want to address the edge lighting issue on AORUS Xtreme, it will require running Windows natively. It will also require a couple of hours with WireShark to capture USB traffic between Gigabyte's RGB Fusion app and the ITE Tech lighting controller (I can provide illustrated screenshots for doing this).

Hi Casey,

Its bugging me that much that I'm willing to make a full CCC backup of my system, remove MacOS, install Windows 10 and then restore from backup once I have captured the USB traffic. I would class my skill level as intermediate with this type of thing so once I obtain the traffic I would certainly require some guidance as to what to do next. Hopefully there are others out there with the same MB that could benefit from this.

I have also been keeping an eye on the OpenRGB project on GitHub, I think you may have mentioned this to me previously, just waiting to see if they work on a guide for installing this on MacOS. I also have Thermaltake Riing Plus fans that are connected via a MB USB header and also Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Memory that I wouldn't mind trying to control.

On another note: I migrated to OpenCore 0.6.0 from Clover and all seems to be working well, except I seem to have lost the ability to play video content on Safari (Primevideo & Stan) Netflix and Apple TV+ work Fine. I using Shiki value 80 as was with Clover so I am not certain what has happened there.

Anyways, thanks a million for all that you do on here :)

Simply type kextstat. This will generate a complete list. We can choose to display third party kexts as follows: kextstat | grep -v apple.

Thanks for that Casey. In pursuit of the mile after going the extra mile:

Can I substitute my Apollo device as the boot chime audio device, by translating or spoofing the "IOHDACodecAddress" seen in this guide?

kextstat  grep -v apple_tail end.png

Back