Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I can succesfully boot with Clover r5120, but the wake up doesn't work anymore, and the shut down takes ages to complete (sometimes doesn't even work).
Hello @woozaer,

All guides, mini-guides, and micro-guides in this thread are "reference" posts. This means they have the potential to be quoted thousands of times because people will start a post based on their experience with one of these guides.

Imagine if every post on every page of this thread (all 2500 pages) contained a repeated copy of one of these guides. It would not only lead to needless repetition of the highest (dis)order, but would pollute the thread and frustrate everyone. People don't like to see the same thing repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You see the point?

For this and other reasons, every reference post contains this line:

Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.

So please edit your post and simply delete the entire micro-guide from it.

Last edited:
Several users have switched to the YOUBO card. Please see Notes 1 and 3 at the top of the Z490 Vision D thread:

View attachment 484625

View attachment 484626

The YOUBO card:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thank you @CaseySJ

it’s not available by the moment. I’ll look for it in other countries.

That’s my first Hackintosh.
In some months I’ll try to update to Big Sur.
Do you think it should be possible with that equipment (z390 designare etc)?

in that case, I’ve read I need OC instead of Clover.

if I migrate now to OC, do you think it can resolve the WiFi T919 issue?

thank you

CaseySj, quick question...what would be the impact if I change the smbios to MacPro7,1 from ImacPro1,1??
Read something regarding better display Management (I use 4...) thanks

In some months I’ll try to update to Big Sur.
Do you think it should be possible with that equipment (z390 designare etc)?
Yes, it works -- please see this:
in that case, I’ve read I need OC instead of Clover.

if I migrate now to OC, do you think it can resolve the WiFi T919 issue?
Currently only OpenCore can boot Big Sur because of substantial changes Apple has made to the manner in which kexts are injected. And only OpenCore can boot Catalina on Z490. It is a good time to begin learning and switching to OpenCore.

Switching to OpenCore will not resolve the WiFi issues, however. Plenty of people are experiencing those issues even with OpenCore.

I wonder who could be responsible for Amazon listing Z490 Vision D under frequently bought together with the YOUBO...
Hmm, I wonder who? ;)
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.47.27 AM.png

CaseySj, quick question...what would be the impact if I change the smbios to MacPro7,1 from ImacPro1,1??
Read something regarding better display Management (I use 4...) thanks
MacPro7,1 is a good choice from what I've read. AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext may be needed. I've not used that SMBIOS personally so I cannot comment about better display management.

Last edited:
MacPro7,1 is a good choice from what I've read. AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext may be needed. I've not used that SMBIOS personally so I cannot comment about better display management.
thank you
But this kext is regarding the Ivy Bridge cpu no? For the 9900K still valid?

thank you
But this kext is regarding the Ivy Bridge cpu no? For the 9900K still valid?
Oops, I meant: MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext

Back