Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

1. Im using the Samsung 970 SSD and not the plus. In the other build I used a different ssd and it works
  2. I tried putting the card into a different slot but I only powered the unit off but didn’t switch the PSU off so I’ll try that next.
@CaseySJ I just moved the card into a different slot and. still no wifi... Bluetooth works but no wifi

@CaseySJ I wonder if i need to update my EVO 970 Firmware
That is usually an issue with EVO 970 Plus, but not the standard EVO 970. However, try the following as well:
  • Option 1: Move EVO 970 to a the other M.2 slot.
    • Does WiFi work?
  • Option 2: If you have a spare SATA SSD, try cloning the EVO 970 to that SSD (including the EFI partition) and then:
    • Remove the EVO 970
    • Boot from the SATA SSD
    • Does WiFi work?
By the way, when you say WiFi doesn't work, what does that mean exactly?
  • You cannot see anything under System Information --> WiFI?
  • WiFi logo appears in menu bar, but you cannot scan for any SSIDs?
  • WiFi logo appears in menu bar and you can connect to an SSID, but transfer rate is zero?
  • Are you using a 2.4 GHz WiFi network or 5 GHz?

But this will still require flashing the ROM of the AIC?
No. Flashing is only needed for enabling Thunderbolt Bus. The card will work without flashing.

No. Flashing is only needed for enabling Thunderbolt Bus. The card will work without flashing.
Oh.. now that is really worth checking out, i know a few would love to get more TB3 ports!
Thanks for all your work @CaseySJ, much appreciated!

Fans should turn off. One of the steps in the Sleep Aid is the process of elimination, particularly with USB devices. Often we have to go through that process to determine what is interfering with sleep.

Thank you, @CaseySJ.

By "USB devices", do you mean external?
I have no external devices when making tries.
I have the mentioned internal USB for Fenvi.

I'll study carefully the whole Sleep Aid post, for elimination process.

However, also try this:
  • Run Activity Monitor and sort the list by % CPU.
  • Is any process pegging one of the CPUs with 100% CPU utilization (or close to 100%)?
    • Feel free to post a screenshot.

No. It's amazing Hackintosh world!
All is very low CPU usage.
I Attach image.
Thxx!

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 21.23.22.png

Thank you, @CaseySJ.

By "USB devices", do you mean external?
I have no external devices when making tries.
I have the mentioned internal USB for Fenvi.
To continue the Process of Elimination, please try removing the Fenvi WiFi/BT card (but do not connect Corsair H115i). Before removing the Fenvi (or any other device on motherboard) we must shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF.

Hello.
As I said earlier in this enormous post, I was successful in installingCatalina with that guide:

All is perfect, but I have two problems. Both of them I think are fully reported, but there are lot of solutions and I'm lost!

1. Sleep mode: Then I left the computer ON, for a long time (i.e. the whole night), at morning the fans are all ON.
Is there a way of entering in Sleep mode and switching OFF the fans?

2. In that situation, for recovering from Sleep, I have to press the computer "switch on" button for rebooting it. Keyboard and mouse don't respond.

3. When I force "Sleep mode" at the Apple system menu (apple logo), It goes to sleep but in less than a minute it restarts.

I can obviously switch off the computer every time instead of going to sleep, but what do you think solutions are?

Thank you for your help.
Fernando
If you are using Clover, uncheck the « Fix Shutdown » patch in ACPI section. On mine, the LEDS were on at shutdown. No problems with sleep however...

@CaseySJ

Thank you for your brilliant contribution. I've been running OC 0.60 perfectly since you made it available.
For let me know, is there a place, post, that would feed only new versions of the OC? Because in this post, since the beginning it is treated as a clover. Is there another specific post for OC users?
Thank you

Back