Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

MacOS virtualization bug in Catalina 10.15.6 has been fixed. It also seems to support iMac20,1 (or whatever the new 2020 27” iMacs are called).
Today's Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update installed seamlessly through System Preferences --> Software Update. As always, make a full bootable backup ahead of time.

Build number is 19G2021.
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.09.29 PM.png

Last edited:
If you need help with any of those steps, just ask.

I replaced the intelmausiethernet.kext with the intelmausi.kext and disabled the SSDT-USBW and USBWakeFixup.kext as stated and resaved my config.plist with opencore and I am still getting the white apple logo with no progress bar. What else can I look at. I am also not able to get into the OS with my thumbdrive now, which is frustrating, because I don't know what changed.

I replaced the intelmausiethernet.kext with the intelmausi.kext and disabled the SSDT-USBW and USBWakeFixup.kext as stated and resaved my config.plist with opencore and I am still getting the white apple logo with no progress bar. What else can I look at. I am also not able to get into the OS with my thumbdrive now, which is frustrating, because I don't know what changed.
It would be good to double-check MSR 0xE2 (CFG-Lock). Also good to perform Reset NVRAM. It’s also advisable to add “-v” to Boot Arguments to see detailed logs during boot.

It would be good to double-check MSR 0xE2 (CFG-Lock). Also good to perform Reset NVRAM. It’s also advisable to add “-v” to Boot Arguments to see detailed logs during boot.

I reset NVRAM, I have CFG Lock set with value 0. That should be correct, right? Also, How do I add -v in open core. Sorry for the newb question.

I am at this screen.

IMG_0564.jpeg

I reset NVRAM, I have CFG Lock set with value 0. That should be correct, right? Also, How do I add -v in open core. Sorry for the newb question.

I am at this screen.

View attachment 483984
We can add -v as follows:
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 6.01.21 PM.png

I believe CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker or immediately when Apple Logo is displayed should also enable Verbose. But this requires PollAppleHotKeys, which might not be checked on:
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 6.07.00 PM.png

From the OpenCore Configuration PDF:

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 6.07.46 PM.png

Last edited:
Is this fixable from my laptop, because I can get into the OS with my USB drive? But It is trying to open every window that was open before I made these changes, I checked the box on shutting down so it would take me back to all my open tabs in Chrome. And now, within about 15 seconds of logging into Mojave, the OS gets a spinning pinwheel of doom and then even that freezes.

Please also try Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker. If problem persists, feel free to compress and upload your "OC" folder with serial numbers redacted.

Also please remind me:
  • Is this Mojave or Catalina?
  • If Mojave, have all Hackintosh kexts been removed from /Library/Extensions?
  • Have you tried enabling Verbose mode (by adding -v to Boot Arguments)? If so, what error do you see during boot?
  • I'm running Catalina.
  • I have not hackintosh kexts on /Library/Extensions
  • Verbose boot shows a kernel panic

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_230115.jpg
    IMG_20200812_230115.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
  • OC.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
This error message is occurring because the entry for IntelMausiEthernet is still present in config.plist. That entry must be disabled or deleted from the Kernel page of OpenCore Configurator.

How can I get into the OS to edit that Plist when it keeps freezing every reboot. It's trying to open everything that was open before I edited. I checked the box to reopen windows upon the next reboot.

Back