Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Question about the supplemental flash procedure.

If I am flashing a Titan Ridge AIC, do I stay with the original instructions where we hook up Vcc to Pin 1 of the raspberry pi and split pin 17?

Is the "low cost" clip recommended for the AIC or just for the designare?

Let's check the basics:
  • In System Information --> Audio, do you see the usual set of Built-In audio devices?
    View attachment 483836
  • How are you testing audio? With a front-panel headphone or other speaker? With a headphone or other speaker connected to the green rear audio jack?
  • Do either the front panel audio jack or the rear green audio jack work? Or both are inoperative?
  • Is the proper Sound Output device selected?
    View attachment 483840

Thanks for your reply. The answers to all your queries are basically YES. This was a strange problem, indeed. I stumbled into the solution by "updating" the official OpenCore 0.6.0 release to the latest build OpenCore 0.6.1. Built-in audio magically reappeared.

HWMonitorSMC2:

Hey All,
Since moving over to the latest Opencore boot I've lost the ability to monitor my 5700XT with HWMonitorSMC2
-yes I have "Use the IOKit..." checked
-I've looked up some info and havent found anything relevant yet....
Anyone have some thoughts
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 11.20.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 11.20.13.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 83
Hello guys, hope everyone is doing well. Sadly after 9 months of no issues my Mac partition seems to have broken in a mysterious way. (Maybe my W10 partition broke it in some way despite installing my nvme drives the way that suggested here)

1)OC boot seems to have defaulted to Bootcamp.
2)When I select the correct option to boot I just get a frozen apple with no loading bar at all.
3)Msr 0xe2 is locked again.
4)My carbon copy clone SSD (normally disconnected) is also unable to boot but in a different way. I do get a loading bar below the Apple but when it fills up the screen turns black forever and I get “no input” message...

Any help will be priceless!

OC 0.5.5 // Mojave

HWMonitorSMC2:

Hey All,
Since moving over to the latest Opencore boot I've lost the ability to monitor my 5700XT with HWMonitorSMC2
-yes I have "Use the IOKit..." checked
-I've looked up some info and havent found anything relevant yet....
Anyone have some thoughts
Thanks
OC 0.6.0 no problem there
have your restarted your PC?
Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 11.39.01.png

Cannot boot into MacOS at all, I will try to make the usb via windows. Could that be the cause?
Im not an expert but I think you should

Please update to OC 0.6.0, Casey published a guid for that

What is your BIOS version ?

@CaseySJ This is what my EFI Partition looks like right now. I use the Config-amd-gpu.plist that was in the OC Disgnare zip folder. The only things I edited from that plist file were the Serial, UUID etc numbers by matching anything I found in my previous config.plist file in the Clover built EFI.

View attachment 483864
Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Some folks reported problems with IntelMausiEthernet.kext and replaced it with IntelMausi.kext from acidanthera GitHub page. One can also try disabling IntelMausiEthernet in OpenCore Configurator just to see if that is the problem.
  • If using Mojave, we need to disable SSDT-USBW and USBWakeFixup.kext as described in the OpenCore 0.6.0 mini-guide.

Last edited:
Back