Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I understand. What I meant was on this second board, I read the chip 3 times and the checksums showed 3 different values. What do I need to do to fix this?
Oh, that’s not good! This generally means the SOIC clip is not attached properly. Gently lift and reseat the clip. At least the device is being recognized and read. Also try using spispeed 2048 or 4096 instead of 1024.

Oh, that’s not good! This generally means the SOIC clip is not attached properly. Gently lift and reseat the clip. At least the device is being recognized and read. Also try using spispeed 2048 or 4096 instead of 1024.

ok so reseat and try again. If it doesn’t work, try 2048 instead of 1024. I’ll report back soon. Thanks again!

To everyone using the plug and play 802.11ac Fenvi card for WiFI and Bluetooth who has been experiencing slow downs, disconnects, etc. with Apple Magic Mouse 2 and the like, I have a suggestion in addition to the previous suggestion to disable the 2.4Ghz Wifi network on your router. Disabling the 2.4 Ghz network helped but didn't solve the problem I was having. What has solved the issue for me is that I uninstalled the Fenvi card and reinstalled it into the PCI slot right next to the Graphics card in PCIe slot 1 instead of in the slot that was next to my quad Sata card at the far other end of the board. Since I've moved the card, I have almost 100% less drop outs and mouse freezes these last few days since. In fact, I am using the antennae that came with the card rather than the extra separate one that I got to try to fix my issue and it's been working extremely well. So you may have to move your card to an alternate position for the issues to dissipate.

I would recommend OpenCore now for new Mojave installations. It's perfectly okay if Clover was used to build the USB install disk. But for post-installation we can do the following:
  • If you haven't used MultiBeast so far for post-installation, we can instead switch to OpenCore 0.6.0.
    • This requires unlocking MSR 0xE2, which is easy to do now with the new OpenCore 0.6.0 package.
    • Because this is a new installation, no serial numbers have yet been assigned. And you have not yet signed into iCloud.
    • So we can follow the OpenCore 0.6.0 Official guide posted earlier this morning, but instead of copying and pasting serial numbers from an existing installation, we can use OpenCore Configurator itself to generate new numbers:
    • View attachment 482810View attachment 482811
    • If you'd like to try OpenCore and have any questions, feel free to ask.

I am circling back to this. I didn't have time until now to work on it. I have my mac running and it seems to be running smoothly with the Updated Mojave guide you pointed me to a week ago. I know you probably don't remember, and that's ok. I did, however, complete my post-installation with Clover Configurator since that is what I am familiar with and I needed to get up and running so I could get to work.

My questions are:
  • Can I still follow these instructions and copy and paste the number from the clover configurator into Open Core Configurator?
  • Would that be the way to do it?
  • Will that get NVRAM working for me?
  • Is that something I should do?
Thanks in advance.

My questions are:
  • Can I still follow these instructions and copy and paste the number from the clover configurator into Open Core Configurator?
Thanks in advance.

Personally, I'm using the BIOS version F9h F9i, OC 0.6.0 0.6.3 from the "OC-0.6.x-DESIGNARE-Z390" posted earlier by @CaseySJ. But I'm configuring the config with PlistEdit Pro using the Dortania guide for my setup. I now have dual boot (Windows 10 + Mojave) on 2 SSD's. I had to remove a lot of "Clover junk" to make it work.

Full SIP.

Last edited:
To everyone using the plug and play 802.11ac Fenvi card for WiFI and Bluetooth who has been experiencing slow downs, disconnects, etc. with Apple Magic Mouse 2 and the like, I have a suggestion in addition to the previous suggestion to disable the 2.4Ghz Wifi network on your router. Disabling the 2.4 Ghz network helped but didn't solve the problem I was having. What has solved the issue for me is that I uninstalled the Fenvi card and reinstalled it into the PCI slot right next to the Graphics card in PCIe slot 1 instead of in the slot that was next to my quad Sata card at the far other end of the board. Since I've moved the card, I have almost 100% less drop outs and mouse freezes these last few days since. In fact, I am using the antennae that came with the card rather than the extra separate one that I got to try to fix my issue and it's been working extremely well. So you may have to move your card to an alternate position for the issues to dissipate.
Thank you very much for the info!
Your Fenvi is installed on the board with 5700 XT or with the RX 570?
What I want to know is if there's enough place for the Fenvi with 5700 XT installed on the board

EDIT: Just opened the case

IMG_1004.JPG

Can I install it there?

EDIT2:
WOOOOW ITS WORKING!!!!
IMG_1006.JPG

Fenvi installed on PCIeX4
No freezes anymore!!!
I can listen music with my AirPods Pro 15 meters away the Hackintosh!!
Fenvi on PCIeX1_2 3 meters was the limit and with freezes!!

In my house I have maybe more than 50 Bluetooth accessories and no interferences! 2.4 Ghz is on

Last edited:
a quick question:
AMD Freesync on Display should be activated or not with the Hackintosh? does the Hackin supports that?

I am circling back to this. I didn't have time until now to work on it. I have my mac running and it seems to be running smoothly with the Updated Mojave guide you pointed me to a week ago. I know you probably don't remember, and that's ok. I did, however, complete my post-installation with Clover Configurator since that is what I am familiar with and I needed to get up and running so I could get to work.

My questions are:
Thanks in advance.
To answer your questions:
  1. Yes you can still copy/paste serial numbers and System UUID from Clover (or from Hackintool) into OpenCore.Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.36.46 AM.png
  2. If you use the EFI ZIP provided in the OpenCore 0.6.0 Mini-Guide and unlock MSR 0xE2 (easy method described in the bottom of the same mini-guide), then native NVRAM will work.
  3. Enabling native NVRAM is highly recommended. But it may be necessary to Reset NVRAM (from the OpenCore Picker menu) when changing Boot Arguments.

a quick question:
AMD Freesync on Display should be activated or not with the Hackintosh? does the Hackin supports that?
Unfortunatley, FreeSync is not supported in macOS.

Your configuration screenshots look good, but some questions and comments:
  • You're using an Akitio Node Lite that provides external PCIe slots and a DisplayPort connector.
  • What device(s) are installed inside the Node Lite?
  • Is the Thunderbolt header cable connected?
  • Have you tried warm-booting the system with devices pre-connected?
Problem is solved. This particular board is working fine under NVM26. My mistake was in the typo opencore aml path that I previously missed. Thank you!

Back