Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Works great here with OpenCore 0.6.0.

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 08.19.48.png

The following is working on macOS Big Sur so far: Audio ✔ Ethernet ✔ Graphics ✔ HDMI ✔ Sleep/wake Function ✔ Power Management ✔ App Store ✔ iMessage ✔ iCloud ✔ FaceTime ✔ USB with 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and USB Type-C Ports ✔ Bootloader ✔ HDMI Audio ✔ Volume Hotkeys ✔ AirDrop ✔ HandOff ✔ Side Car ✔ Apple Watch Unlock ✔

Let's replace CLOVER with OpenCore as follows:

Does it work?

No - no luck. It hung very early on in the process, first 10 seconds.
I had to do a couple of things different but I followed the rest absolutely.
1. Could not find a version of OCC that allowed me to se Preferences - 0.6.0 Development, so had to use 0.6.0 RELEASE.
2. "PlatFormInfo" I used OCC's seeder for all my machine info "iMac19,2" as I have i7 8700 3 and an AMD RX 570.

Shall just try filling in ONLY the 4 dialogs, but I will still use the auto seeder.
T.xx

Works great here with OpenCore 0.6.0.

View attachment 483144

The following is working on macOS Big Sur so far: Audio ✔ Ethernet ✔ Graphics ✔ HDMI ✔ Sleep/wake Function ✔ Power Management ✔ App Store ✔ iMessage ✔ iCloud ✔ FaceTime ✔ USB with 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and USB Type-C Ports ✔ Bootloader ✔ HDMI Audio ✔ Volume Hotkeys ✔ AirDrop ✔ HandOff ✔ Side Car ✔ Apple Watch Unlock ✔

Nice, I was going to try it out myself soon. Anything at all that you had to tweak in your OpenCore config? (Compared to Catalina.)

Has anyone had any success upgrading to Big Sur from Clover using this build? From what I've read seems like the right time to switch to OpenCore due to increased security polices and such, any tips on how to migrate to OC smoothly with as much of my current build config as possible? Thanks.

Current build
Z390 Designare
i7-8086K
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580
LG Ultrafine 5K

SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 - Clover r5118

Bootflags used: keepsyms=1, dart=0, debug=0x100, darkwake=0, -v, slide=1

Kexts used: WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext, AppleALC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext

I am about to try this - however I can not find a single version of OCC v.2.8.0. This means that in my later versions I can only set the Preferences/Configurations Properties to : OC 0.6.0 Release or OC 0.6.1 Development Version
and I see your Designare OC file is v0.6.0.
Unless you can send me an older version of OCC, I will use: preferences set to: OC 0.6.0 Release version.
Thanks
Txx.
The OC 0.6.0 guide has been updated now that OC 2.9.0.0 is available with the "0.6.0 Release" option.

No - no luck. It hung very early on in the process, first 10 seconds.
I had to do a couple of things different but I followed the rest absolutely.
1. Could not find a version of OCC that allowed me to se Preferences - 0.6.0 Development, so had to use 0.6.0 RELEASE.
2. "PlatFormInfo" I used OCC's seeder for all my machine info "iMac19,2" as I have i7 8700 3 and an AMD RX 570.

Shall just try filling in ONLY the 4 dialogs, but I will still use the auto seeder.
T.xx
Use iMac19,1 even if you have i7-8300 because USBInjectAll 0.7.1 does not support iMac19,2. You may, however, use USBInjectAll 0.7.5 with iMac19,2.

After installing Big Sur Beta, NVRAM need to be reset then Bluetooth can find the AirPods Pro
Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 14.18.33.png

Multiple time I posted about some graphic lags on Catalina, to solve it I put to sleep the Hacki then wake it up.

On Big Sur the graphic lag isn't present

I found Handoff and Continuity more quick to "find" device and show opened apps.

YouTube 4K on Safari is working!
Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 14.41.39.png

Apple TV on Safari too
IMG_0995.JPG

AdGuard doesn't work, even after reinstalling the app.

Last edited:
Back