Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @Inqnuam - I have established that the device is 100% functional by testing the tb in a tb2 mac mini. I was on Mojave initially with this but moved to catalina in the hope that the later OS may solve the problem. Do you know if the differences as shown in the files I posted can be edited?
Hello,
at this point its very difficult to help you
If you test your device on different TB controllers (on-board, or other PCIe) (flashed/original) maybe the community can find a solution.
Look over internet (not only English web sites) if there's other users with the same audio device on Hackintosh who can report you any information about it, this can be very helpful

@NCMacGuy @CaseySJ
Well, first of all I want to thank you both for taking the time to solve my problem.
I told them that I was able to solve it (I still don't have any TB3 device to check it) but now it seems to be all right.

Basically what I did was remove ALL the patches related to the RTC (in some errors it told me something about the RTC) and fixes of the ACPI of clover. It's kind of troubling, but my hackintosh without it works normally, I've never known it before. I will leave you a photo and take the opportunity to ask you if I can have a problem due to not having any patch in the ACPI

@JoanSilva17

Glad to hear your problem with booting has been solved by removing some ACPI patches.

I'm not an expert on setting up config.plist files, but I follow the suggestions of others in setting up a config.plist that works with my hack. Having stated that, I have attached two screenshots of the ACPI settings I use with my Aorus Pro. I have far fewer boxes checked and Patches applied than you. Actually the only Patch I use is the one shown when speeds up booting with a patched Titan Ridge card installed.

Your experience shows how critical the settings in config.plist can be. But perhaps you might experiment with further simplifying your config.plist.

If you make any changes to your config.plist, be sure you have a fully bootable backup to fall back to if problems arise. You can also keep your known working config.plist as config_BU.plist in your EFI so you can boot from it by selecting it at the Clover boot select window.

ACPI_1.png
ACPI_2.png

Hi @Inqnuam - I have established that the device is 100% functional by testing the tb in a tb2 mac mini. I was on Mojave initially with this but moved to catalina in the hope that the later OS may solve the problem. Do you know if the differences as shown in the files I posted can be edited?
pciedebug, assigned-address, and reg are auto-assigned fields that identify the location of the device on the PCI bus and provide other PCI bus details for the device in question. By moving the Thunderbolt card to a different slot, these values will change.

Thank you for the quick reply:
No I do not have it (original thumb drive).
I can Not get to the installation phase. It freezes well before.
I keep doing the whole setup over and over again. Tried using FakeSMC / bought fresh SanDisk thumbDrive etc - For over a week.
The ExFat was to make sure there was nothing on my main SSD "Mojave Target Drive".
pre installation now freezes on AppleUSBHostResources@: (at least the last verbose comment).

.....finally I still have my mojave clone just not the uEFI part.
I am so lost now.
Cheers and sorry for the noob long posts.
Let's replace CLOVER with OpenCore as follows:
  • Insert your USB install disk into a working Mac or Hack.
  • Mount EFI partition. A new disk icon will appear on the desktop with the name EFI.
  • Inside the EFI disk will be a folder called EFI
  • Rename this folder to EFI-Clover
  • Now go to this post and follow the instructions for downloading and configuring OpenCore 0.6.0 for Mojave. Choose config-AMD-GPU.plist at Step 5.
  • When you're done, the EFI disk will have two folders at the top level:
    • EFI-Clover
      • This is the backed up Clover folder
    • EFI
      • This is the new OpenCore EFI
  • Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen to bring up the BIOS Boot Menu
  • Select the USB flash disk
  • Now the OpenCore Picker GUI will appear.
  • Press spacebar to reveal additional options and choose CFGLock on the right side
  • Follow the procedure at the bottom of this post to check and unlock CFG-Lock (MSR 0xE2)
  • Reboot the system
  • Press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen to bring up the BIOS Boot Menu again
  • Select the same USB flash disk again
  • The OpenCore Picker GUI will appear
  • Choose the option to Install macOS
Does it work?

@NCMacGuy @CaseySJ
Well, first of all I want to thank you both for taking the time to solve my problem.
I told them that I was able to solve it (I still don't have any TB3 device to check it) but now it seems to be all right.

Basically what I did was remove ALL the patches related to the RTC (in some errors it told me something about the RTC) and fixes of the ACPI of clover. It's kind of troubling, but my hackintosh without it works normally, I've never known it before. I will leave you a photo and take the opportunity to ask you if I can have a problem due to not having any patch in the ACPI

Hope this is helpful to someone
Your previous screenshot showed several ACPI parsing errors. To determine if they're still present you may type:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep ACPI
To answer your question: Yes it's okay to disable those patches. If you're using Lilu/WhateverGreen you may also disable the GFX0 and PEGP patches.

• Clock issue: It seems that you are right! I didn't suspect the motherboard first since it is a new one. I verified in the BIOS and the time was frozen. I changed the battery and now the time is moving normally!

Well, that's not the problem! I've changed the battery twice with new one, first the issue seems to be fixed, but after a while, the issue is back.

When I have the issue, a simple BIOS reset resolves the issue. It's very annoying to have to set the time back again and again... Any one can help ?

pciedebug, assigned-address, and reg are auto-assigned fields that identify the location of the device on the PCI bus and provide other PCI bus details for the device in question. By moving the Thunderbolt card to a different slot, these values will change.
ah - ok so that doesn't throw any light then.....:(

Last edited:
Back