Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Recent Issue: I have a recent issue where both my monitors (LG 4K driven on DP from my Graphics card) go black, white or grey. The whole system freezes and has to be rebooted. It is training me to save often lol. Happens once a day or two days. I am using this a lot more than before though. It never happened prior to Catalina.

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 3.60 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 64 GB
Boot ROM Version: 1037.100.345.0.0
Apple ROM Info: Apple ROM Version.
Board-ID : Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
⌘ Powered by Clover revision: 5118 (master, commit 6529f815d)
SMC Version (system): 2.46f12
Here are a few suggestions:
  • Double check that all Hackintosh kexts have been removed from /Library/Extensions
  • Install latest kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Update Clover to latest version (v5120) or try the new OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI (guide posted yesterday) by installing it on a USB flash disk (so that the main Catalina SSD is not affected)
  • Check if the problem occurs if only one monitor is used or whether it occurs only when two monitors are used
  • Remove RadeonBoost if you're using it
  • If nothing seems to work, then it's a good idea to install a fresh copy of Catalina on a spare SSD (for example, a cheap 128GB SATA SSD mounted in a USB 3 enclosure) and check again

Here are a few suggestions:
  • Double check that all Hackintosh kexts have been removed from /Library/Extensions
  • Install latest kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Update Clover to latest version (v5120) or try the new OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI (guide posted yesterday) by installing it on a USB flash disk (so that the main Catalina SSD is not affected)
  • Check if the problem occurs if only one monitor is used or whether it occurs only when two monitors are used
  • Remove RadeonBoost if you're using it
  • If nothing seems to work, then it's a good idea to install a fresh copy of Catalina on a spare SSD (for example, a cheap 128GB SATA SSD mounted in a USB 3 enclosure) and check again
Will do shortly!

Please delete OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Click here to download this file.

Hey @CaseySJ, thanks for the reply.

I had run across this solution previously. I tried it again just to confirm. Same issue.

Any other ideas?

Hey @CaseySJ, thanks for the reply.

I had run across this solution previously. I tried it again just to confirm. Same issue.

Any other ideas?
Sure, please do the following:
  • Check if slide=0 is included in your Clover Boot Arguments
  • If it is, then perform a CMOS Reset by powering the system down (but not flipping the switch on PSU to off position) and shorting the 2 designated pins for about 2-3 seconds as stated in the Designare manual.
  • After CMOS Reset, press DEL to enter BIOS Setup and configure BIOS parameters again starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults (this is necessary because it configures a number of BIOS parameters for us before we configure the rest by ourselves).
  • Now see if you can boot...

I'm using an LG 5k Ultrafine with a Titan Ridge 1.0 on a Z390 Aorus Pro board. I'm on Elias64 nvm23 and using a DSDT from HackinDROM. For the most part it works well. I am experiencing a problem where randomly the screen will go black for 2-3 seconds then return. This can happen anywhere from once to several times an hour. Has anyone else experienced this?

Double check that all Hackintosh kexts have been removed from /Library/Extensions
Wow, found this. I deleted what is highlighted. Are there any more?
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 5.24.52 PM.png

Wow, found this. I deleted what is highlighted. Are there any more?
View attachment 482899
Please see Steps 3, 4, 5 here for a complete list:

I upgraded my OpenCore installation to 0.6.0 (using Casey's posted EFI folder) and see only one ethernet device in System Report. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me? I verified the two ethernet kexts are in the right place and both devices appear when booting through Clover 5120.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.43.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.43.26 PM.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 52
Just as an update, Updated my Internal EFI on Boot drive to 0.6.0 haven't had any issues everything is working well and smooth as it did prior on 0.5.9. @CaseySJ I feel you get plenty of thanks already but an extra never hurts! The work you do is amazing and the support you give is second to none sir.

Some had mentioned issues with NVMe fix, I'll mention I'm running a WD Black 750 500GB and no issues on it either.

Back