Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Interesting. I just tried Netflix in Safari and it's actually working! It hasn't worked since I built the machine and I stopped trying months ago and just use Chrome if I wanted it. I'm not sure what fixed it though. I have installed the recently released Lilu and Whatever green kexts just last night, but I haven't rebooted my machine yet. I did install a new cable for my LG TV I'm using as a monitor, but I don't think it was the cable as everything else was working fine. I'll take it though! I'm using Shikigva=80 with my SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT.
Are you using iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1?

Hackintoshron,

Did you just replace one kext or build a new config.plist as well?
The reason I'm asking is that I just replaced the two kexts (Lilu and WhateverGreen) but not sure if I need to go thru the whole process with opencore. I don't use clover.

Thanks,

Vlad

Interesting. I just tried Netflix in Safari and it's actually working! It hasn't worked since I built the machine and I stopped trying months ago and just use Chrome if I wanted it. I'm not sure what fixed it though. I have installed the recently released Lilu and Whatever green kexts just last night, but I haven't rebooted my machine yet. I did install a new cable for my LG TV I'm using as a monitor, but I don't think it was the cable as everything else was working fine. I'll take it though! I'm using Shikigva=80 with my SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Hackintoshron,

Did you just replace one kext or build a new config.plist as well?
The reason I'm asking is that I just replaced the two kexts (Lilu and WhateverGreen) but not sure if I need to go thru the whole process with opencore. I don't use clover.

Thanks,

Vlad
I have yet to upgrade to OpenCore, still on Clover 5120. I don't think replacing these kexts last night solved the issue unless the system has injected those kexts updates without me having to restart the machine because I still haven't restarted the machine since I installed the new kext updates last night that came with the new OpenCore update that @CaseySJ just put up.

The new 10-core iMac 2020:

Since Apple has released the new iMac with 10th gen chip, I'm wondering should I use iMac 19,1 or this new iMac 10th gen SMBIOS. I would like to keep sidecar working but wonder would there be any issue with sticking with iMac 19,1.
PS: I'm thinking of upgrading my aging CPU(i5 6600) to either 8th or 10th gen.

I'm just jump OpenCore and Netflix work on Safari.
But, when I use Safari for video, my Geekbench score drop 26K and can't come back till restart.
I'm using LG 5k so connection over TB3 may be this cause problem.
I read same problem who using eGPU.

Have you seen this? ;)
An AMD GPU is really the way to go. There are too many compromises when we use iGPU to drive a monitor.

Yeah, I've seen that, that's why I mentioned it. It's kind a weekend-long project, bc I know very little about OpenCore, so before I try I have to study a bit...

Since apple has released the new iMac with 10th gen chip, im wondering should i use iMac 19,1 or this new iMac 10th gen SMBIOS. I would like to keep sidecar working but wonder would there be any issue with sticking with iMac 19,1.
PS: im thinking of upgrading my aging CPU(i5 6600) to either 8th or 10th gen.
The new iMac20,1 SMBIOS (if it's called that) is more suited to Comet Lake-S systems such as Gigabyte Z490 Vision D. We'll need to wait for either a supplemental update to Catalina, 10.15.7, or Big Sur public beta.

I'm on OC 0.6.0 and no problem with my AirPods Pro
(iMacPro1,1)

Maybe you need to reset NVRAM?

When you boot your PC, click to space on your keyboard when OC bootloader is loaded, select Reset NVRAM
View attachment 482851
Yeah, ok I'm an idiot. I reset the NVRAM and now everything is showing/working correctly. Thanks.

Recent Issue: I have a recent issue where both my monitors (LG 4K driven on DP from my Graphics card) go black, white or grey. The whole system freezes and has to be rebooted. It is training me to save often lol. Happens once a day or two days. I am using this a lot more than before though. It never happened prior to Catalina.

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 3.60 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 64 GB
Boot ROM Version: 1037.100.345.0.0
Apple ROM Info: Apple ROM Version.
Board-ID : Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
⌘ Powered by Clover revision: 5118 (master, commit 6529f815d)
SMC Version (system): 2.46f12

Back