Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I was never able to get DRM content working correctly on iMac19,1 that's why I switched to iMacPro1,1 (also I don't have iGPU so it wasn't a problem for me to switch to 1,1).
But since im on iMacPro1,1 everything works like on a real Mac (Sidecar don't tested)
Apple purchased content works for me through the AppleTV app. I get an error in Safari when trying to watch Netflix (ESPN, Hulu), but all work fine for me in Chrome.

@CaseySJ I have given up on the whole second monitor over iGPU deal. It simply does not work.
I'll wait for the release of lilu and weg and try again. When those come out I may also try opencore to see if it helps.

Also, I'll try to get a GPU on black friday deals. That should put a nail on the coffin.

@CaseySJ I have given up on the whole second monitor over iGPU deal. It simply does not work.
I'll wait for the release of lilu and weg and try again. When those come out I may also try opencore to see if it helps.
Have you seen this? ;)
Also, I'll try to get a GPU on black friday deals. That should put a nail on the coffin.
An AMD GPU is really the way to go. There are too many compromises when we use iGPU to drive a monitor.

** OFFICIAL: OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI for Z390 Designare **
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.
Compatible with Catalina and Mojave
** Now compatible with both AMD GPU and Intel iGPU **

CaseySJ, this is great; thanks for all the hard work. One question: I noticed that after switching to your OC 0.6.0 EFI my AirPod Pros no longer show up in Bluetooth settings and I cannot pair them for the life of me. I switched back to my very basic OC 0.5.9 EFI and they immediately reappeared in my Bluetooth settings. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Again, thanks for all you do for the community.

CaseySJ, this is great; thanks for all the hard work. One question: I noticed that after switching to your OC 0.6.0 EFI my AirPod Pros no longer show up in Bluetooth settings and I cannot pair them for the life of me. I switched back to my very basic OC 0.5.9 EFI and they immediately reappeared in my Bluetooth settings. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Again, thanks for all you do for the community.
I'm on OC 0.6.0 and no problem with my AirPods Pro
(iMacPro1,1)

Maybe you need to reset NVRAM?

When you boot your PC, click to space on your keyboard when OC bootloader is loaded, select Reset NVRAM
Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 17.07.07.png

Last edited:
Apple purchased content works for me through the AppleTV app. I get an error in Safari when trying to watch Netflix (ESPN, Hulu), but all work fine for me in Chrome.

The Morning Show on Apple TV Web on Safari
(iMacPro1,1)

I don't have Netflix account but I've already tried with a friend account and it works too
Image.jpeg

Hello @jjsenecal, please try resetting NVRAM as mentioned by @Inqnuam. This is easily done from OpenCore picker menu by pressing spacebar and selecting Reset NVRAM. If this does not solve the problem, just let us know.

I'm probably one of the 5 people left on this planet that does not have a Netflix subscription! :) So let me put the question out to others:

If you're a Netflix subscriber, is it working for you on Safari and the TV app with iMac19,1 and platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless)?
Interesting. I just tried Netflix in Safari and it's actually working! It hasn't worked since I built the machine and I stopped trying months ago and just use Chrome if I wanted it. I'm not sure what fixed it though. I have installed the recently released Lilu and Whatever green kexts just last night, but I haven't rebooted my machine yet. I did install a new cable for my LG TV I'm using as a monitor, but I don't think it was the cable as everything else was working fine. I'll take it though! I'm using Shikigva=80 with my SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Back