Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If you're a Netflix subscriber, is it working for you on Safari and the TV app with iMac19,1 and platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless)?
I was never able to get DRM content working correctly on iMac19,1 that's why I switched to iMacPro1,1 (also I don't have iGPU so it wasn't a problem for me to switch to 1,1).
But since im on iMacPro1,1 everything works like on a real Mac (Sidecar don't tested)

• Then delete all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions and run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache.

Excuse my ignorance but where do I find Kext Utility and how do I rebuild the kernel cache? Is it from Hackintool?

Let's check the following:
  • Is the installer booting through Clover or OpenCore?
  • Is RadeonBoost present in the kexts folder (it should be removed if present)?
  • Is WhateverGreen installed?
Feel free to compress and upload your EFI folder (serial numbers should be removed from config.plist).

The installer is booting through clover.
There are no kets in any folder in the EFI/Kexts of the installer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.05.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.05.35 PM.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 67
** OFFICIAL: OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI for Z390 Designare **

Was going to jump over to 0.6.0, made a full backup, going to test files in USB however wanted to ask, ran it thru the sanity checker and it shows some portions that should be changed im assuming these shouldnt be changed but what do they effect? @CaseySJ

The installer is booting through clover.
There are no kets in any folder in the EFI/Kexts of the installer.
OK, I am a dummy. I can't believe I got the installer that far without the kexts. Anyway, after I fixed my thumb drive it booted up nearly instantly.

Excuse my ignorance but where do I find Kext Utility and how do I rebuild the kernel cache? Is it from Hackintool?
A link to Kext Utility is in the build guide in Post 1. We simply run it and wait for the button on lower right of the window to change to “Quit”. That takes care of everything.

Was going to jump over to 0.6.0, made a full backup, going to test files in USB however wanted to ask, ran it thru the sanity checker and it shows some portions that should be changed im assuming these shouldnt be changed but what do they effect? @CaseySJ
I am a rule breaker. :)

You may ignore the “broken rules” reported by OC Sanity Checker. Different motherboards work best with different settings. OC Sanity Checker is a good tool, but there is no “one size fits all”.

A link to Kext Utility is in the build guide in Post 1. We simply run it and wait for the button on lower right of the window to change to “Quit”. That takes care of everything.

The only thing about Kext Utility I'm finding is the first post is this line in the post installation steps? Is it Kext Beast I need to run or something else as well?

Install latest versions in /Library/Extensions using KextBeast to install the kexts and Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild kernel caches.

I am a rule breaker. :)

You may ignore the “broken rules” reported by OC Sanity Checker. Different motherboards work best in different settings. OC Sanity Checker is a good tool, but there is no “one size fits all”.

Understood just wanted to make sure before giving it a go. Although if it works like the last 0.5.9 then I'm sure it'll work smooth! Thank you again kind breaker of rules lol

Back